2021-22 Coaching Changes & Country/Category Switches | Golden Skate

2021-22 Coaching Changes & Country/Category Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
It's high time for a new coaching changes thread.
If you hear of any, please post it here - if possible, please list the full names of coaches and skaters, especially those who are not too well-known internationally. Thanks!

COACHING CHANGES

Ladies:
Alena Kostornaia - from Eteri Tutberidze to Elena Buianova
Loena Hendrickx - from Carine Herrygers to Jorik Hendrickx / Adam Solya
Alexia Paganini - from Stephane Lambiel to Gheorghe Chiper
Mae Berenice Meite - from Silvia Fontana / John Zimmerman to Lorenzo Magri
Chisato Uramatsu - from ??? to Machiko Yamada / Mihoko Higuchi
Nana Araki - from ??? to Machiko Yamada / Mihoko Higuchi
Alysa Liu - from Jeremy Abbott / Massimo Scali to Christy Krall / Drew Meekins / Viktor Pfeifer
Sofia Samodelkina - from Sergey Davydov to Svetlana Sokolovskaia
Mana Kawabe - from Mie Hamada to Mihoko Higuchi
Anastasia Zinina - from Evgeni Plushenko to Alexei Vasilevsky
Kate Wang (USA) - from Jeffrey Crandall to Jeremy Abbott and Massimo Scali

Pairs:
Alexandra Fakhroutdinov/Danny Neudecker - from Dalilah Sappenfield to Drew Meekins
Yasmina Kadyrova / Ivan Balchenko - from Pavel Sliusarenko / Valentina Tiukova to Tamara Moskvina

Men:
Sota Yamamoto - to Machiko Yamada / Mihoko Higuchi, afterwards to Machiko Yamada only
Matvei Vetlugin - from Lyudmila Sapronova to Alexei Mishin
Mark Lukin - from Eteri Tutberidze to Evgeni Plushenko
Egor Rukhin - from CSKA to Eteri Tutberidze
Nikolay Kolesnikov - from Eteri Tutberidze to ???
Conrad Orzel - from Toronto Cricket Club to Ice Palace Club
Camden Pulkinen - from Tammy Gambill to Raphael Arutyunyan and Alex Johnson

Ice Dance:
Haley Sales / Nikolas Wamsteeker - from Megan Wing and Aaron Lowe to Ice Academy of Montreal (Scott Moir & co.)
Molly Cesanek / Yehor Yehorov (USA) - from Wheaton Ice Skating Academy to Michigan Ice Dance Academy (Charlie White, Tanith White, Greg Zuerlein)
Solans Mazingue / Marko Gaidajenko (Estonia) - to Ice Academy of Montreal
Katarina Wolfkostin / Jeffrey Chen - from Igor Shpilband to Michigan Ice Dance Academy
Sara Kishimoto / Atsuhiko Tamura (Japan) - from ? to Ice Academy of Montreal
Diana Davis / Gleb Smolkin (Russia) - from Igor Shpilband to Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak

COUNTRY SWITCHES

Anastasia Gubanova - from Russia to Georgia
Maria Talalaikina - from Russia to Italy (unconfirmed)
Artur Dmitriev - from Russia to the US
Elizabeth Tkachenko/Alexei Kiliakov - from the US to Israel
Alisa Efimova (pairs) - from Russia to Germany
Emilea Zingas - from Cyprus to USA
Winter Deardorff (pairs) - from USA to Australia
Natalia Zabiiako (pairs) - from Russia to Canada
Joti Polizoakis (ice dance) - from Germany to Czech Republic

CATEGORY SWITCHES

Ksenia Tsibinova (Russia) - from singles to pairs (coach Nina Mozer)
Anastasia Galustyan (Armenia) - from singles to ice dance
Emilea Zingas - from singles to ice dance
Moa Iwano - from singles to ice dance

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
OMG...that is unexpected. I thought Jorik and Carine did so well together with Loena (5th at the WC is not to be sneered at!). But, looking at the IG post, it seems it is a friendly split. And Jorik has always been his sister's biggest supporter ever, while Adam has choregraphed her progrmmes for a long time now. Interesting.

Weathergal

Medalist
OMG...that is unexpected. I thought Jorik and Carine did so well together with Loena (5th at the WC is not to be sneered at!). But, looking at the IG post, it seems it is a friendly split. And Jorik has always been his sister's biggest supporter ever, while Adam has choregraphed her progrmmes for a long time now. Interesting.
I thought so too - Carine has a very nice comment in the post, so it does appear to amicable.

I've always loved how close Jorik and Loena seemed to be and how much they support each other.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
So, I suppose a lot of Russian pairs want to get some magic from Moskvina, like B/K and M/G, if they can.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am so happy for Mae. Lorenzo is close by (relatively speaking) and seems to be a good coach for many single skaters.

Weathergal

Medalist
So many names in that post. Which of them are Matteo's main coaches, then? (sorry, I am not familiar with his previous coaching situation, I just know he used to be coached by his father).
For some reason, I thought Franca Bianconi was his main coach before - along with his father - but I'm not sure.

I just checked his ISU bio, and it lists his coaches in this order, Bianconi, Valter Rizzo, and Ondrej Hotarek. It then lists his choreographers as Corrado Giordani and Massimo Scali.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur Dmitriev Jr. has confirmed officially that he is skating for the US.:oops: No news on coaching or where he will train.

From the article Google translate:

When will we see you at international competitions?
- Closer to the summer, I think I will compete more. Now that one start is enough for me, I understand in what competitive state I am, including psychological. Next season I am going to international tournaments. We will see what level they will be, but the fact that they will be is certainly.

- Can you play at the US championships without restrictions?
- Yes, absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.