Your favorite moments of the season so far | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Your favorite moments of the season so far

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan Chen winning the Grand Prix Final. Gracie Gold at Nationals.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a new one that I must add! - Watching Yuzu help the flower sweepers pick up the Pooh Bears @ 4CC! :biggrin: :luv17:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Jason Brown's reaction in the Kiss and Cry after his FS at Nationals.

Yuzuru helping the sweepers at 4CC.

Gracie Gold qualifying for Nationals.

Every time Alena Kostornaia skated her SP!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The men at both Skate Canada and 4CC, everything - literally everything - a competition should be.

Yuzu breaking two 'curses' and becoming the first and only man to ever achieve the Career Super Grand Slam. And three lighter Yuzu moments - helping clear the Poohstorm at 4CC, the collective reaction rinkside and on social media (thuds and screams heard around the world) to the reveal of the Origin 2 costume... and yeah, "I like cats." :laugh:

At ACI, Keegan holding up the Japanese flag for Yuzuru so he can face it during the anthem... at 4CC Yuzuru making sure the guys taking their flags during the victory lap didn't cover up Jason's stars and stripes. Two small, quiet moments and master classes in sheer class.

Keegan skating for his brother, what I could see through a haze of tears.

Roman winning SC, and that despite the fact that I also wanted Nam and Keegan to win

Jason's steady rise, in spite of the carpers and critics and through all the work and doubt: he's now in the top 6, a as yet quadless but serious podium threat and quite probably one of the four most popular male skaters (currently competing) on the planet, who'da thunk eighteen months ago?

Discovering the Disco Brits, Kaiya Ruiter, Utashin.

rabidline

Final Flight
This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H04CiXcYduA&t=263s

I didn't care about the scores or final results back then, and in hindsight I still couldn't care less about it. I remember my first thought after that SP ended being "Shoma's falling in love with figure skating all over again and I get to see it" which was something I didn't think was possible, given what this sport demands of him. With all due respect- I don't think any titles or scores or spots can get him that pure unadulterated joy unless he allows himself to feel it, so this moment to me was the encapsulation of Shoma choosing to be happy and realizing his motto/wish for this season: "Enjoy!" Easier said than done but at that moment he'd done it.

Also: this SP happening two months after a complete and utter disaster that was coachless Shoma at IDF 2019 preceded by what seems to be a not-ideal period in his skating life is stuff shonen anime redemption arcs are made of. I was so ready for him to stop skating and chuck this season in a bin in order to regroup after that heartbreaking FS but damn. I'm glad he didn't give up. Not just for this season but for the future.