2014-15 Battle of the Phantoms of the Opera! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Battle of the Phantoms of the Opera!

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Most likely Yuzu will debut his in Cup of China because he has withdrawn from next week's Finlandia Trophy

I agree with foruiz. Hanyu put out snippets for the press last month, but I don't think we will see the full thing in all its glory until COC in Shanghai. Be patient, it is only a few weeks away!

erasona

Rinkside
Thanks foruiz and KansaiPJ :D

Any info on Kanako? Is she still playing the part of the Phantom as opposed to Christine?

inskate

On the Ice
Here is Kanako's POTO free program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D12yAezhs44

My question is, this appears to be completely different than the exhibition she did to POTO? Does she have two POTO programs??

Yes, according to a recent interview, she'll skate to POTO in both her short and long program. The EX she skated in the summer shows ("Think of me") will be her new SP (as an EX she'll use her old SP, Nectar Flamenco).

( :cry: :cry: :cry: )

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Yes, according to a recent interview, she'll skate to POTO in both her short and long program. The EX she skated in the summer shows ("Think of me") will be her new SP (as an EX she'll use her old SP, Nectar Flamenco).

( :cry: :cry: :cry: )

Wow! Crazy! Kanako will have her own personal battle of the POTO programs!

FWIW, I really liked that "Think of Me" exhibition for her. The POTO free program is a little sloppy looking, at least at the Japan Open. I know it's early though. And I am interested in the idea of her portraying a powerful Phantom character. :)

unico

Final Flight
Murakami's POTO LP can only be described as unfortunate. That costume, those MUSIC CUTS, that silly peek-a-boo choreography, it's a hot mess no matter how much I try to be positive about it. Her SP/EX to "Think of Me" is much less offensive to my senses. :laugh:

Does anybody know who choreographed her LP this season?

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
The peek-a-boo bit was a reference to the actual stage show, since they use those movements during 'Masquerade,' but without more choreography to go along with it, there's very little point to that homage.

I completely agree about the music cuts, they didn't make sense to me at all. There was no cohesion to any of it.

I will admit that my enjoyment of any these Phantom programs will be judged by which vocals they use. I will honestly admit that I am completely and totally biased against the movie soundtrack, so it's going to take a great program to rise above that.

Selene

On the Ice
Murakami's POTO LP can only be described as unfortunate. That costume, those MUSIC CUTS, that silly peek-a-boo choreography, it's a hot mess no matter how much I try to be positive about it. Her SP/EX to "Think of Me" is much less offensive to my senses. :laugh:

The music cuts are so disjointed. I appreciate that she tried something different by playing the Phantom, but the program is a big mess.

None of the Phantom programs I have seen have been any good at all.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yup, all the single's phantom programs have not proved more than average for me too. --So far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Hanyu...but I'm beginning to worry.