2015-16 GP Predictions Round 1: Skate America | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015-16 GP Predictions Round 1: Skate America

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Wow, a silver in pairs at my first outing! I'm so proud. :biggrin: The medal may be shared... but when's the ceremony? ;)

I'll just forget the ladies exist, shall I? :laugh:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey Princessroja and andromache, I just added you guys. Sorry for the miss.

Anyway, major apologies but I had forgotten to put the contestants in alpha order, so the scorers will have to re-key everything in so the right scores aren't there yet. Apologies!

No worries! :cool:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm just happy to be in the legions of silver on pairs, despite picking the same three that everyone else picked, that didn't place as we thought. Thank you, Julianne and Charlie!

What el henry said, lol. At least I had one discipline mostly right - glad to share that silver with many of you!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Wow, I won a bronze (in good company) for my Skate America ladies predictions! I picked re a combination of who I think is good and a little bit re skaters' general results and conventional wisdom.

It's all a crap shoot really, especially under the current scoring system, and with the great depth in all divisions. Who woulda thought that Denis, regardless of his injury, would perform technically so poorly in the fp. I thought Denis was shafted on PCS in his sp. I'm wondering whether it might have been better for Denis to withdraw and take time to heal. When is his next GP scheduled?

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Men's scorer here. Like WeakAnkles, I'm scoring everything by hand.

So... due to most people underestimating Max Aaron and overestimating D10 and Mura, scores aren't really high here. However... we do have some medalists:

Gold: Both koatcue and berry8 with 60 points! :points:
Silver: Both HanDomi and karne with 55 points! :cheer2:
Bronze: Both bellflower and nipman with 50 points! :cheer:

Honorary Mention: tulosai, Sackie, bellflower, Winnie_20, Gia_Sesshoumaru, Florencito, NYscorp6, centerpt1, rosacotton, karne, HR4, and IndependentObserver, for being the only people in the entire game to put Max Aaron on the podium. :party2:

And as I did this all by hand, I might've screwed up some scores. If you think I scored you incorrectly, please PM me.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Denis' next GP is TEB (he'll face Aaron and Uno again, plus Chan).

Thanks. But I wonder if Denis will be healed by then, or have to pull out? Time will tell, I suppose.

Congrats to all those with the Max Aaron podium faith/ foresight!

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Honorary Mention: tulosai, Sackie, bellflower, Winnie_20, Gia_Sesshoumaru, Florencito, NYscorp6, centerpt1, rosacotton, karne, HR4, and IndependentObserver, for being the only people in the entire game to put Max Aaron on the podium. :party2:

And as I did this all by hand, I might've screwed up some scores. If you think I scored you incorrectly, please PM me.

Woo hoo:cheer:

Pairs scores are back in the spreadsheet. Like WeakAnkles and Invisible Spiral I did it by hand, not with a formula, and might have made a mistake either initially or now when I was transferring the scores back. If you think you see a mistake please PM me as well- I will see that much more quickly than if you post in the thread. Thanks!

desertskates

Medalist
Thank you to the organizers and scorers of the prediction game, and congrats to the medalists!
This was such a wonky event with so many unexpected outcomes. So nice to get the season really started and it'll be fun to watch where thing go from here. Good luck to all for Skate Canada.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Is there a link to the spreadsheet? I'm sorry for asking, I checked around this thread and the Prediction Game rules thread, but couldn't find one. Thanks :eek::

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Wow!))I'm the 1st at men's competiton!:eek::yay:Congrats to all other winners! Pity that my ladies prediction wasn't so acute :D But at the same time so happy to be wrong about it:)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Whew! We're at 115 contestants already. Last year we had 144 contestants TOTAL. So this is some sizable growth. Thanks for playing. :)

You should! I'm making a Word doc to score and let me tell you, I'm changing my name here from WeakAnkles to SoreWrists! :)

Cut and paste
Cut and paste
Type
Tab
Type
Tab

Ad nauseum!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Is there a link to the spreadsheet? I'm sorry for asking, I checked around this thread and the Prediction Game rules thread, but couldn't find one. Thanks :eek::

Actually, there is a link in rules at the end of opening post: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...e-THE-RULES!&p=1244014&viewfull=1#post1244014

If you still don't see it then here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wm5inZfF0sIw4FHFkaT0SQsRHew6yJaf1Uczb5LHFHQ/edit?pli=1#gid=1

I don't know whom I should PM, but I have different scores in Game summary& score summary than in Discipline summary and another different in Skate America :shocked: And from what I've seen I'm not the only one.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Thank you cathlen. I swear I looked at that post multiple times without seeing it, but of course I just wasn't looking hard enough.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thank you cathlen. I swear I looked at that post multiple times without seeing it, but of course I just wasn't looking hard enough.

You're welcome. Happens to everybody :)