2015-16 SOV Tables for Singles and Pairs released | Golden Skate

2015-16 SOV Tables for Singles and Pairs released

Caustica

Final Flight
So quads are now SORT OF higher risk (higher risk if you fall/so, lower risk if you UR...), but there is no accompanying higher reward. 3T3T is now higher than 3A. Eh?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Establishing GOE for errors is always a great read and especially the Choreographic Sequence section.

Does Not Enhance the Music -1 to -3

Inability to clearly demonstrate the sequence -2 to -3

:laugh:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Notable changes

Higher base value for easy triples:
3T 4.1 --> 4.3 (meaning 3T+3T 8.2 --> 8.6)
3S 4.2 --> 4.4

Higher base value for < quads:
3A< 5.3 --> 5.9
4T< 7.2 --> 8.0
4S< 7.4 --> 8.1
4Fe< 6.2 --> 8.0
4FLze< 6.8 --> 8.4

Lower negative GOE (-1, -2, -3 GOE) for quads
-1.0, -2.0, -3.0 --> -1.2, -2.4, -4.00

All lift (gr. 2+3+4) get +0.5 more in base value

Higher base value for all double twists and up.

Pair throws (higher base value)
3ATh 7.5 --> 7.7
4T/STh 8.0 --> 8.2
4LoTh 8.5 --> 8.7

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
So quads are now SORT OF higher risk (higher risk if you fall/so, lower risk if you UR...), but there is no accompanying higher reward. 3T3T is now higher than 3A. Eh?

pretty much :laugh: they also increased BV of pair quad elements, right?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd rather see UR quads that are landed a lot more than fully rotated quads with a fall so I kind of like the rule. Actually UR jumps can be kind of stylish if you ask me ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I disagree, I'd rather have seen a heavier penalty for URs and <<. The ISU should be trying to encourage proper technique, not allow people to get away with bad technique by making the penalty less.

But we've also established I'm a hard-a...

QuadThrow

Medalist
The BV for quad throws is still not enough.

It might be a little compilcated that a 3T in pairs skating is more worth than in single skating.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I disagree, I'd rather have seen a heavier penalty for URs and <<. The ISU should be trying to encourage proper technique, not allow people to get away with bad technique by making the penalty less.

But we've also established I'm a hard-a...
I'm sure many will agree with you and I get the notion. For me though...I think I'm more or less wishing CoP would trend more toward a 6.0 style and drop a lot of the overly technical hooplah. I just wish the sport were a bit more fun for the fans.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I kind of like the changes: falls in quads will be punsihed heavily (FINALLY) , so that a fall in a rotated quad will not be worth more than an UR but otherwise clean one, and they clarified that a SP without combo must have -3 across the board for the planned combo (a rule that was not respected for most of the big names in the past, and that really annoyed me). Raising the value for thrown and twist quads is a clear signal, too (especially to V/T and S/K) ;)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The brain damaged ISU monkeys have done it again. It never ceases to make me laugh and cringe, that they can take one-half or one-third of a good idea and then not follow through with the rest or make things worse.

Triple Toe and Salchow randomly are worth more now, for no reason at all, when they were already worth too much as compared to the harder triples. A Triple Flip is now only 1 point harder than a Triple Toe? :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye:

Step Sequences are now more difficult across the board. They actually made less movement in total required for Level 4 but then bungled that up by saying you MUST include rockers, counters, brackets, twizzles, loops, and choctaws in your footwork sequence. SO STUPID. The sequences will look more alike than ever.

At least they are finally moving in the right direction with the values on Quads. Less points for poor execution and not as huge of a disparity for an underrotation (which I'm actually shocked they listened to). Messy/failed jumps are still worth far too much across the board, though.

Pairs throw 3Axel and Quad Toe/Sal/Loop got a tiny little boost. They still aren't really worth enough, but it's becoming normal to include a Quad anyway, so this just solidifies that shift. I do wonder if more people will try throw 3Axel in the SP now.

TMC

Record Breaker
I kind of like the changes: falls in quads will be punsihed heavily (FINALLY) , so that a fall in a rotated quad will not be worth more than an UR but otherwise clean one, and they clarified that a SP without combo must have -3 across the board for the planned combo (a rule that was not respected for most of the big names in the past, and that really annoyed me). Raising the value for thrown and twist quads is a clear signal, too (especially to V/T and S/K) ;)

Agreed, I like these changes so far!

I'm with you too Sam-Skwantch on landed UR Quads vs. Quad falls.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I don't understand why they raised the base value for 3T and 3S, I don't remember skaters having any trouble on them or anything? It's really random and I don't think it makes much sense

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I don't understand why they raised the base value for 3T and 3S, I don't remember skaters having any trouble on them or anything? It's really random and I don't think it makes much sense

I think it may be so that popping a quad into a triple is less costly. With the higher penalty for falls on quads, we may start seeing more quads popped into triples. By giving them a small increase in value, they make popping less hurtful and more appealing than rotate and fall. Likewise the increase in the 3T might mean we see more 3-3s as the 3T is now a more attractive jump to repeat. We may start seeing more 3-3s and fewer 3-2s as a result.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The BV for quad throws is still not enough.

It might be a little compilcated that a 3T in pairs skating is more worth than in single skating.

Agreed. 0.2?! LOL, so generous of the ISU. Maybe for a solo 3S or 3T getting a 0.2 boost is more significant when the element is 4.1/4.2 to begin with but 0.2 on an element that's about 8 points is practically negligible.

Also weird that for quads, the -GOE is greater than potential +GOE. Should go both ways, IMO. I hardly doubt it will result in skaters removing quads from their programs.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

I'm okay with it. A triple toe or salchow isn't as hard to execute as a 3L or 3F, but it's up there. I wish if anything they had reduced the "e" deductions for Flutz/Lip calls.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Higher 3T and 3S will also give less advantage to pairs (currently only two) who can do sbs 3Lz (or other)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I'm okay with it. A triple toe or salchow isn't as hard to execute as a 3L or 3F, but it's up there. I wish if anything they had reduced the "e" deductions for Flutz/Lip calls.

They appear to have done so for quads. . . as that was such an issue this season!

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Lol what. So there is addition -GOE for quad falls but not for triples? They should have just done -2 or -3 for falls across the board. How is a fall on a quad more disruptive than a fall on a triple? Or a double? Or on no jumps at all???

I'm assuming that they want skaters to challenge the technicals but make fans happy(er)? And an that increase in UR BV? If they wanted to support skaters going for cheated jumps instead of falling, they should have just increase the penalty for falls instead of increasing it to 8.0 for UR. The message they're sending is, "try not to fall, so learn to land URed quads if you can't do them properly". They should have kept the BV for URed quads as is (or even lower it) and penalize falls in general more heavily in deductions and make it clear "land your jumps and rotate them properly".

Also, what is that increase in BV for 3T about? Now we'll be seeing even MORE ladies go for 3T-3T and there's barely any initiative for them to go for harder combos in the SP. :unsure:

Maybe I'll feel better about it once I've had my morning coffee but right now I'm not feeling it.

Last edited: