2015 Finlandia Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2015 Finlandia Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, we will see more later I guess. Meanwhile though their PCS are the highest right now (I'm not counting C&L PCS in Lombardia since that competition is always a joke, IMO, in terms of scoring), despite them having the lowest TES.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
That is too strongly said as well. They may repeat seperate moves and elements, but most other teams do that too. Other than that, Weaver/Poje have had a different overall style to their FDs each season, and this year is no exception. They have different music, new moves and new lifts. I guess it is often like that - when you don't like a skater/team for some reason, you are less willing to pay closer attention to what they do in order to be objective, and less forgiving than you are to other teams who may actually have similar "faults" (repeating some moves/elements, in this case), but whom you like better.

I agree! I see a lot in W/P's program to like. As well, IMO, it's innovative & has an edge. The season's just begun - lots of time for tweaks and smoothing out.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Am i the only one who enjoyed Tobias/Tkachenko?? Havent seen them before but it looks like they have the goods. They skate very fast too. Im sorry but H/B is just so overrated. Super slow and very forced. Surprisingly i enjoyed W/P airy feeling of the routine. I like the music very much. I have to say Weaver is very awkward to watch especially in the K/C lol

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I liked Tobias and Tkachenko. The routine was already enjoyable at Lake Placid, and better now. Weaver & Poje's routine is not the sort of thing I enjoy that much, kind of lugubrious, and generally overwrought...it reminds me of their Humanity in Motion program, which I detested.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I thought last year the judges were very generous and kind and loving towards Chock and Bates - I think they are a really well liked team. I fear W and P may be like Dubreil and Lauzon - but we will see only time will ell.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Gilles and Poirier will win the national title this year just wait and see its coming.

Really? I am not trying to disagree or be rude - but there programs are perhaps to avant garde to beat a world medallist but maybe it is just me.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
you mean worthy of being WC but never being given it to them by the judges?

I thought last year the judges were very generous and kind and loving towards Chock and Bates - I think they are a really well liked team. I fear W and P may be like Dubreil and Lauzon - but we will see only time will ell.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
No way no how. :biggrin:

I don't agree but I find that while Igor does a great job hiding their weakness; I just don't find them complete enough. Mind you after Davis and White and Virtue and Moir these teams look almost second class (forget the scores because the French world titleliest would not score that well against V and M or D and W. Still the judges hold up C andB it seems so I wouldn't count them out.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Oh man, Weaver/Poje in trouble with these dances. It's too soon to say, of course, but it seems like both Chock/Bates dances have more potential, and I don't even mean technical advantage and home ice advantage.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Am i the only one who enjoyed Tobias/Tkachenko?? Havent seen them before but it looks like they have the goods. They skate very fast too. Im sorry but H/B is just so overrated. Super slow and very forced. Surprisingly i enjoyed W/P airy feeling of the routine. I like the music very much. I have to say Weaver is very awkward to watch especially in the K/C lol

I liked them, but I prefer their SD to their FD. I think some people were too quick to predict the rise of H/B. I think Cannuscio/McManus were better at Nebelhorn than H/B here.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
That was the year Blue that Paul Poirier was injured so they had a very late start to the season but this year call me crazy but G&P have the best FD of the entire field , and P&I are down the pitts now.

Well, I do agree that G&P will likely stay ahead of P&I and maybe get closer to W&P, but I'm still not sure about a G&P nationals win.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I liked Tobias and Tkachenko. The routine was already enjoyable at Lake Placid, and better now. Weaver & Poje's routine is not the sort of thing I enjoy that much, kind of lugubrious, and generally overwrought...it reminds me of their Humanity in Motion program, which I detested.

I'm another person who really liked T/T, especially the Short Dance. I had not seen them before and was really impressed.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
LisaM said:
Oh they have some first aiders (is that the word??) with her there.. hope she's ok :\

I think medics is the right word. But I know what you're talking about.

Reading through this thread to catch up and just wanted to let you both know that, whilst medics is probably the American correct term, we do the use the word first aider here in Britain for the trained people who are first on the scene at accidents at events or work sites before paramedics (ambulance) or on-site nurses / doctors may be needed. :)

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I have a strong feeling that Dance field this season is going to be like a basin full of sharks because basically no one at this point is as good as a definite leader. Honestly I really feel for all of them- leaders so far and the new teams. This is going to be a battlefield.

Fun, eh? That is the way it should be, IMO. I hate when it is always a processional. Sometimes having clear front runners can be great. However, when you can practically write the top ten in order before they even skate... Not fun at all, IMO.

Lota

Record Breaker
Fun, eh? That is the way it should be, IMO. I hate when it is always a processional. Sometimes having clear front runners can be great. However, when you can practically write the top ten in order before they even skate... Not fun at all, IMO.

I have to agree that it's more fun like that. One of the most fun and exciting (if not the most exciting) Ice Dance competitions for me was 2014 Worlds because, V/M and D/W having left, all hell broke loose in the FD :laugh: You literally had no idea who would win until the very end, everyone was on the edge of their seats. Now that was a competition (even if I would have loved to see P/B win) :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

you mean worthy of being WC but never being given it to them by the judges?

Or do you mean frequently overscored, considering Patch could only twizzle properly in one direction?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Dubreuil/Lauzon were very good, but I don't think they were gypped out of a world title. Denkova/Staviski and Navka/Kostomarov were clearly superior.