2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb Ladies | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb Ladies

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Leonova looks really disappointed at the end. I love how she performs this program. She should consider being an actress after retirement.

andyjo24

Medalist
Maybe this can be her one off season and next season she can come back more prepared?

IMO, Adeline is just being her old self. She's never actually had a full solid season. She just did really well at the Olympics... Adelina has never been consistent and I don't see why we expect her default mode to be that TBH....

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Liza's jumps are getting more stable but the program really doesn't work for me. It even makes me wish that Pogorilaya or Lipnitskaya makes the team instead of her.

It's not her best LP, but she is improving so much.

Pogorilaya won't make the team, for what i've seen at NHK, maybe Lipnitskaya but we haven't seen nothing from her training with the new coach, i don't know.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Liza's jumps are magnificent except for the minor errors. But my god, I hated that final step sequence with a passion.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Leonova looks really disappointed at the end. I love how she performs this program. She should consider being an actress after retirement.

True!!!!! I love Her. I'd love to meet her just to tell her how much joy she brings when she skates. I'm always sad when a skater doesn't skate their best. But, I have a special feeling for the Vets of skating like Leonova, Sotnikova, and Ashley Wagner. Are their any other skaters that are over 21? In fact, is Sotnikova over 21? She looks very young still.

Last edited:

chandler0896

Spectator
In Sochi, the glory would been been handed to Lipnitskaia but she messed up so Adelina was the recipient instead. But its not her fault. She was just the right person in the right time.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
OH wowowowowow!!! Karen!!!! I am soooo thrilled for you!! :hap10:

Some jump UR niggles aside, I thought that was a well delivered musically realised performance, she was so clearly into it and got the emotions right! Skate bravely, boldly, grandly and emotionally as she can for that Les Mis epic feeling. Congrats!! Nicer sharper and more assured movements compare with early in the season, timing of jumps, how movements landscaped together with the crescent and falls of the music, how she attacked her program! Thrilling!

Sooo chuffed for you! Oh another grand Les Miserable, how it bring back memories! Love it! Now tidy up your UR issues, you are in for contention at Nationals! Gogo Karen ~~ :yahoo: :dance3:

Looks like Liza is back! Was getting a bit worried for her this season.

Last edited:

CCC

Rinkside
1 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS 201.33 1 1
2 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA KAZ 176.33 3 2
3 Karen CHEN USA 175.35 4 3
4 Alena LEONOVA RUS 173.24 2 4
5 Angela WANG USA 163.41 5 5
6 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS 159.80 7 6
7 Amy LIN TPE 142.29 10 7
8 Dasa GRM SLO 132.11 9 9
9 Niki WORIES NED 131.86 8 10
10 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 131.01 12 8

mrrice

Record Breaker
IMO, Adeline is just being her old self. She's never actually had a full solid season. She just did really well at the Olympics... Adelina has never been consistent and I don't see why we expect her default mode to be that TBH....

I know but she's so pretty and nice. Wow, I'm shallow..:slink:

P.S. Does anyone have a link to that story where Adelina says "Figure skating is my life and I can't live without it" How cute was that.:2thumbs:

Last edited:

MasterB

Final Flight
So, the fight for Russian Nationals is going to be tough.

Tope 3 will be for sure Medeveda, Radionova, Tuk,

Spoilers could be Adelina or Pogo or one of the junior babies

I do not see Julia or Elena cracking top 5

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
True!!!!! I love Her. I'd love to meet her just to tell her how much joy she brings when she skates. I'm always sad when a skater doesn't skate their best. But, I have a special feeling for the Vets of skating like Leonova, Sotnikova, and Ashley Wagner. Are their any other skaters that are over 21? In fact, is Sotnikova over 21? She looks very young still.

Sotnikova is only 19. Maria Artemieva's 22, Joshi Helgesson is 22.. I'm sure there are more "older" skaters that I'm forgetting. Oh yeah, Elene Gedevanishvili is older than they are, and I think she's still competing.

ETA: Forgot about MAO!! :shocked:

mrrice

Record Breaker
How old is Karen Chen? She is definitely making a name for herself and the more she skates, the more I'd like to see her take the 3rd US spot for the ladies. I was hoping Angela would make a big statement here but, I've been hoping that for the last 2 seasons. Whether a skater wins or loses, I want them to skate well. Angela needs a shrink. I still love her but, she has got to get her head together.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
After this, Tuk is clearly back on track. Even if she blows it at nations, I think Russian Fed will still give her a chance to skate at Euros (with Radio and Med). Pogo is a hot mess, Julia has severe jump problems and Alena is, well Alena. Adelina is so not ready.
She was so unlucky with GPF skating at TEB and all. I hope karma will reword her in the second part of the season.