2015 JGP Riga Cup Ladies SP Aug 27 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Riga Cup Ladies SP Aug 27

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
oh my love yuna :love: couldnt believe she missed the 2A but what an amazing skate that was, and i love how she was still smiling even though she was disappointed at 1st
and another amazing performance from Alisa, what a nice surprise, i loved her program and she is so cute!

NaVi

Medalist
Some skaters(Amber Glenn, Diana Nikitina) in juniors should test whether a 3T-3T done in bonus is more stable than a 3Lz+3T right at the beginning.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Amber is capable of the 3-3. She's got to work on those nerves! she was clearly nervous before hand.

Still going though the vids, but enjoyed both Maria and Alisa. I admire Sots team for trying something new, but I agree she needs some work on it, but I think it will get there.

Sackie

Medalist
Why does Canada keep sending the same young girls to these events when they have never proved themselves? Sara didn't even do well at last years Nationals yet here she is back at a JPG.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I really hope Amber does a Gracie and pulls up to the podium because there's no pressure on her after the SP.

humbaba

Final Flight
Some skaters(Amber Glenn, Diana Nikitina) in juniors should test whether a 3T-3T done in bonus is more stable than a 3Lz+3T right at the beginning.

I think sometimes junior skaters have strategies that are geared more toward the long term as opposed to immediate results. If a skater has hopes of continuing into seniors and they have a half-way reliable 3Lz+3T, they might feel it's better to go ahead and attempt it. In the long run, the practice doing the harder combo in competition might prove more valuable than getting a higher placement in a junior comp with a less risky combo.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Blues for klook was her music last season. Her ISU Bio isn't update :(

For this season, theme is "Fragrance" and dress is relation with the fragrance "la petite robe en noire" of GUERLAIN ;)

Oh wow! I'll have to check out this program. Sort of random, but one of my hobbies other than watching figure skating is collecting perfume. :)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Sotskova is :love: :love: :love:

The other Russian girl and the Korean girl were good too. The others didn't stand out as much.

Masha was my favorite here, as well. Russian girls were really strong here, after the SP standings it's likely they will both finish on the podium easily. The remaining spot is wide open, probably only for Japan (or maybe Korea) though.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Aoki was amazing! Her 3lz-3lo combo was beautiful, and her skating skills/presentation are so mature and lovely. If you watch the combo again, you'll see that her 3lz was def. outside edge and the 3lo was nicely done too. With 4 points for the 2A (she got 0), she would be just a point (or less) behind Sotskova.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZz6GLNztN0

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Alisa and Yuna Aoki will be the future stars of FS. Wow, only 13 years of age with such beautiful and confident skating... :love::clap::cheer2:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Masha was my favorite here, as well. Russian girls were really strong here, after the SP standings it's likely they will both finish on the podium easily. The remaining spot is wide open, probably only for Japan (or maybe Korea) though.

I just really liked Mariya's program. It was a bold choice, not something you would expect a junior lady to skate to, but somehow it really worked. I have always appreciated the lyrical style of Sotskova's skating, so this was a departure that was nice to see, it shows she's versatile. Her FS is Romeo & Juliet, so that should be more balletic like we're used to seeing from her. She's also visibly grown quite a lot since last season, so I was worried about the jumps, but they actually look stronger which was nice.

And I agree about Aoki, she was lovely as well. It's crazy how much new talent comes out at every competition!

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay, just watched Alisa... who I liked, but her jumps seen kind of small. Masha's still my favorite and I want her to win. And I want a Masha/Alisa/Yuna podium.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
You're right, this program is something Maria tries for the first time and she did pretty good job. I somehow got Ashley Wagner vibes from this, maybe it reminded me her short at the Olympic Season. As a coincidence she also skated to Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet in the free at the beginning of that season!

catchie

On the Ice
By the way, Maria's SO not 170 cm. I took a picture with her today and I'm 170 - and she was visibly smaller - about 165 or so.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Okay, just watched Alisa... who I liked, but her jumps seen kind of small. Masha's still my favorite and I want her to win. And I want a Masha/Alisa/Yuna podium.

Totally agree.
I also watched top two again and I agree Maria was better. Then I checked the protocols. She lost to Alisa because of a level 2 spin.
Not that I didn't like Alisa, actually loved her. She is like a more extroverted version of Lipnitskaya. Agree with those people saying that Alisa and Yuna are the future of the sport. Hope they survive puberty.