2015 Latvian National Championships | Golden Skate

2015 Latvian National Championships

catchie

On the Ice
Latvian National Figure Skating Championships (Latvijas Čempionāts Daiļslidošanā)
December 12-13
Volvo Ice Hall
Riga, Latvia

Announcement (in Latvian): http://www.skatelatvia.lv/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/LČ-2015-nolikums-I1.docx
Live stream: No information that there will be one, but video of each performer is usually uploaded a day after by this account (which is most likely the Latvian Skating Association's account) - https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCz3ktNpKlQTJ4hvopavCHJQ
Schedule: http://www.skatelatvia.lv/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Programma-LČ-2015.docx
Entries/Results page: http://slidas.sauc.lv/proto/2015.12.lch/

Should be an exciting year for Latvia with Deniss Vasiljevs, Angelina Kuchvalska and Diana Nikitina! Can't wait to see their performances and I'm also curious to see Lukas Kaugars in his first year representing Latvia, as well as the comeback of former Latvian Champion Alina Fjodorova! And let's not forget that Latvia has 2 spots for ladies at the European Championships, 2 spots for ladies and men at the Junior World Championships!
This will certainly be an interesting competition!

Entries (in Latvian): http://www.skatelatvia.lv/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/dalibnieku-saraksts-15-0-34.pdf

Senior Men:
Deniss Vasiļjevs
Gļebs Basins
Lukas Kaugars

Senior Ladies:
Alīna Fjodorova
Angelina Kučvaļska

Junior Men:
Daniels Roščiks

Junior Ladies:
Diāna Ņikitina
Nikola Mažgāne
Andželika Kļujeva
Darja Šatibelko
Vlada Ļaha
Elizabete Jubkāne
Viktorija Šitova
Alise Kovaļevska
Aleksandra Butko

Advanced Novice Men:
Kims Georgs Pavlovs

Advanced Novice Ladies:
Poļina Andrejeva
Olga Didenko
Diāna Kurbaha
Alīna Savicka
Katarina Medvedeva
Valērija Petrova
Elīza Lote Lapaine
Marta Krista Zītare
Kristiāna Kroņkalne
Anastasija Pavloviča
Alīna Urušadze
Keita Maizīte
Anete Lāce
Alise Krūze
Lana Ribņikova
Aleksandra Šļahova
Elīna Rancāne
Ksenija Bojkova
Aļina Ustinova
Anastasija Korsakova

Basic Novice Boys:
Jurijs Zinovjevs
Dmitrijs Druzs
Georgijs Larionovs
Antons Trofimovs
Kirils Korkačs
Aleksejs Mazaļevskis

Basic Novice Girls:
Arina Somova
Jana Antonova
Šarlote Jēkabsone
Marija Djomina
Arita Siliņa
Aleksandra Horta
Anastasija Konga
Terēze Smiltniece
Laura Dūviņa
Elīna Smoļakova
Darja Stanko
Patrīcija Rulle
Patrīcija Ūdre
Elizabete Pentjuša
Margarita Koļjuškina
Beatrise Zorišča
Marija Boļševa
Luīze Priedoliņa
Alisa Zaļešina
Ļubova Vaitkeviča
Kristiāna Viktorija Ivdre
Emīlija Ostaševska
Anna Bujanova
Žasmina Jefremenko
Jūlija Laura Zaiceva
Ksenija Heimane

And, of course, our synchronized skating team!

Last edited:

Nirti

Medalist
And let's not forget that Latvia has 2 spots for ladies at the European Championships, 2 spots for ladies and men at the Junior World Championships!
This will certainly be an interesting competition!

For the Europeans, Fjodorova didn't reached the FP minimum score :(
Only Kuchvalska (of course) and Ieva Gaile could enter, but it seems Gaile is retired as she didn't compete this season...?

catchie

On the Ice
For the Europeans, Fjodorova didn't reached the FP minimum score :(
Only Kuchvalska (of course) and Ieva Gaile could enter, but it seems Gaile is retired as she didn't compete this season...?

I actually have no idea why Gaile isn't competing. She posted a great video on her Instagram just recently - it included her doing 3T, 3Lo and 3Lz.

catchie

On the Ice
Schedule:

December 12

13:30-15:45 Advanced Novice Men Short Program; Advanced Novice Ladies Short Program
15:45-15:55 Synchronized Skating Short Program
16:10-17:20 Junior Men Short Program; Junior Ladies Short Program
17:35-18:15 Senior Ladies Short Program; Senior Men Short Program
18:15-18:50 Basic Novice Boys Free Skating
19:05-21:30 Basic Novice Girls Free Skating

December 13

12:45-15:20 Advanced Novice Men Free Skating + Senior Deniss Vasiļjevs; Advanced Novice Ladies Free Skating
15:20-15:35 Synchronized Skating Free Skating
15:50-16:50 Junior Men Free Skating; Junior Ladies Free Skating
17:05-17:45 Senior Ladies Free Skating; Senior Men Free Skating (except Deniss Vasiļjevs)

I have no idea why Deniss is skating earlier than others.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why is Deniss getting special treatment by being allowed to skate separately? Part of this sport is being judged against your peers, and the Advanced Novice boys, good as I'm sure they'll be, aren't exactly his peers.

Anyway, best of luck to all competing, and a special shoutout to my favourite Latvian Lukas Kaugars! :yay:

Latvian

On the Ice
My Rankings

Senior Men
1. Deniss Vasiļjevs
2. Gļebs Basins
3. Lukass Kaugars

Senior Ladies
1. Angelīna Kučvaļska
2. Alīna Fjodorova
3. Diāna Ņikitina (as junior winner)

Junior Ladies
1. Diāna Ņikitina
2. Anželika Kļujeva
3. Darja Šatibelko

Last edited:

iskate

On the Ice
Wishing everyone a great skate! Lai jums veicas! I wish I could be there to cheer my fellow Latvians on.

That is really strange that Deniss is skating earlier than the others in the FS...anyone know why?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Why is Deniss getting special treatment by being allowed to skate separately? Part of this sport is being judged against your peers, and the Advanced Novice boys, good as I'm sure they'll be, aren't exactly his peers.

Anyway, best of luck to all competing, and a special shoutout to my favourite Latvian Lukas Kaugars! :yay:

Well, I don't think the other senior Latvians are in Deniss's league either, quite honestly. We don't know why he's skating separately so it's a bit of a leap to assume he's being "allowed" to skate separately, or that it was something he requested.

iskate

On the Ice
He is latvian best skater with prominent coach from Sochi.

I know Deniss is awesome and (IMO) in a league of his own, but I still don't really understand why he's skating earlier - wouldn't it make more sense to leave the best til last? And having him skate earlier doesn't put him at any particular advantage. Unless they're for some reason expecting more spectators earlier on in the competition and want to showcase their best skater then? Unless maybe Deniss urgently has to fly back to Sochi or something later in the day? I don't know... :confused:

On an unrelated note, good to see a few Latvian names in the entries! It seems that a lot of Latvia's skaters are Russian-Latvians (probably because figure skating is so popular amongst Russians), nothing wrong with that, but I hope that it has/will also spread to become just as popular with those who don't have Russian heritage.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, I don't think the other senior Latvians are in Deniss's league either, quite honestly. We don't know why he's skating separately so it's a bit of a leap to assume he's being "allowed" to skate separately, or that it was something he requested.

That's harsh. Lukas has every capacity of being better than Deniss if he skates well. But, how else would you explain Deniss skating at a completely different time to everyone else in his division? It makes zero sense, it goes completely against the usual organisation of competitions, there is no good reason for it.

catchie

On the Ice
Deniss:
3A - Nice!
3Lz-3T - big stepout after 3T
3F - good
He fell on that "sit spread eagle " thing - don't know what is its name - right before the spin.
Seemed like it just wasn't his day. Looked completely off.

catchie

On the Ice
In Senior Ladies
1st is Angelina with 49.xx
2nd is Alina with 47.xx

In Senior Men
Deniss - 71.xx
Lukas looked good with (double?) axel, 3Lz+2T was a bit sketchy but a gorgeous 3F. Didn't hear the score.
Didn't watch Glebs Basins.

In Junior Ladies
Diana is 1st with 55.xx
2nd is Anzhelika Klujeva
And I don't remember who is 3rd. Sorry.