2015 Skate Canada Autumn Classic International, Oct 12 - 15 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Autumn Classic International, Oct 12 - 15

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
sorry :slink: i thought i read on forum that tickets will be sold only at doors but i might be confusing it with another summer competition
Apparently, for last year's competition: "Tickets are general admission and will be sold at the door only. Adult tickets are $6 per day, $4 for seniors and children under 12, and children under three are free."

So it could well be the same again this year.

In which case, I guess ticket touts can't buy up lots of tickets and sell them online...

dasani

On the Ice
sorry :slink: i thought i read on forum that tickets will be sold only at doors but i might be confusing it with another summer competition

I was at this competition last year.
There were no real "tickets" per se, you just go on the day and pay at door, then they give you these neon color paper bracelets to wrap around the wrist (if i remember correctly, might have mixed up with another local event I attended last year).
There were two rinks with competitions going on at the same time (the other rink holds the Octoberfest Competition which also includes entries for pre-juvenile, juvenile, pre-novice & novice skaters), so basically you only pay one fee for each day and is free to wander between both rinks. There are no seats assigned to the "tickets".

So if they are keeping the same format this year, I think it will be quite a chaos if they sell the tickets online. But perhaps it's a good way to get an estimation on attendance in advance.:)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Apparently, for last year's competition: "Tickets are general admission and will be sold at the door only. Adult tickets are $6 per day, $4 for seniors and children under 12, and children under three are free."

So it could well be the same again this year. ...

ETA (on Sep 10):

The information below no longer is in effect.

Revised information is in post #31 on page 3 of this thread:
http://goldenskate.com/forum/showth...al-Oct-12-15&p=1218225&viewfull=1#post1218225

Information for 2015 (emphasis added):

Admission:
General Admission - Octoberfest Adult - $6.00 per day Senior Citizens and Children under 12 years - $4.00 per day Children under 3 years are free
General Admission – Autumn Classic Invitational
[sic] $10.00 per day [Octoberfest admission does not include admission to ACI.]

Quoted information above from page 9 of the 2015 Octoberfest announcement:

Ticket info (per event page on Skate Canada website)
Tickets are available for purchase at the door. No advance ticket sales.
$10.00 per day (all ages). Exit & re-entry permitted

http://skatecanada.ca/event/2015-autumn-classic-international/

Live streaming of the 2014 Autumn Classic was provided by Skate Canada via Daily Motion:
http://goldenskate.com/forum/showth...Autumn-Classic&p=972017&viewfull=1#post972017

(ETA, as already mentioned by matmuh :) earlier in the thread)​

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I wonder what is fans strategy to get into this event?

Camp out... just like we used to have to do for tickets before the internet.

I suspect we will see at least a small tent city pop up in the days before.

It does not look like any hotels have a view, or I would say get a room that you can watch for the line forming from. There are some restaurants near by that might work, but may not be open in the AM. There is a day spa across the street. You could show up as soon as they open and just pamper yourself while keeping an eye out for the line. If you have to leave early just tip well.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Has there been an official list of entries yet?

Closing date for entries was August 14th, 3 weeks ago...

Last edited:

Kuro

Spectator
Hello! I am wondering how many people plan to seriously go at this event? I'm planning to go, so if you are going too, we can meet there and have fun!

People are talking about waiting in lines and such, I wonder if that will happen. More people will show up since Yuzuru is skating, people from Toronto, some from Canada, from USA maybe and a small number from Japan. But since the competition is small, I don't think 5000 people are going to show up. In any case, I don't plan to camp outside!

vadrouille

Rinkside
@Kuro
I would like to go to Barrie Autumn Classic to see Yuzuru skate and fans. My friends from Japan will also go there. I am from Montreal, Canada. May I ask you which is the hotel near the arena Allandale Recreational Center for booking? I saw that Days Inn Barrie is sold out. Another question is that is it better to travel by plane or by train? Barrie is nearer from Toronto Pearson Airport than to go to downtown Toronto to take a bus or a train ?
Thank you for your help.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Canadian entries (from the Skate Canada website):

Ladies
Kim Deguise-Leveille
Roxanne Rheault

Men
Nam Nguyen
Mitchell Gordon
Bennet Toman

Pair
Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford
Hayleigh Bell / Rudi Swiegers
Brittany Jones / Joshua Reagan

Ice Dance
Andreanna Poulin / Marc-Andre Servant
Nicole Orford / Asher Hill

Junior Ladies
Alicia Pineault
Alexis Dion

Junior Men
Joseph Phan
Edrian Paul Celestino
Antony Cheng

ice coverage

Record Breaker
REVISED TICKET INFORMATION from http://skatecanada.ca/event/2015-autumn-classic-international/:

Tickets cost $15 per day and include access to practices and competitions. A separate ticket is required for each day.
NOTE: Practices on Monday, October 12th will NOT be open to the public.

Day tickets must be purchased at the Allandale Recreation Centre during the event only with cash (no credit or debit available).
Two-day passes ($30) and Three-day passes ($45) are also available by purchasing multiple days at the same time.

NOTE: There are NO advance sales for this event. Tickets not purchased at the Allandale Recreation Centre are invalid and will not be accepted.

A wristband will be attached to the ticket buyer at the time of purchase therefore the buyer must be the person attending the event.
*No Group Sales – Tickets cannot be purchased in bulk and re-sold.

Seating is general admission and includes standing room.

Box Office Hours

Monday, October 12 Closed
Tuesday, October 13 9:45 – 21:00
Wednesday, October 14 6:00 – 21:30
Thursday, October 15 6:15 – 21:00​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Castelli/Tran will compete here -- per their comments today at the SLC Classic.

ETA (on Sep 22):

Tursynbaeva will compete here, per Orser.

The article also makes mention that Orser anticipates that the event will be mayhem b/c of Hanyu.​

ETA (on Sep 24):

Autumn Classic entries from updates on USFS assignments page (flagged by StitchMonkey) http://usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216:
Johnson, Rabbitt
Glenn, Pierce (Added 9/22), Wang
Castelli/Tran, Pfund/Santillan
Manta/Johnson, Thomas/Eaton​

Last edited: