2015 Worlds Ladies Short Program March 26 | Page 124 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Ladies Short Program March 26

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Does she have the triple axel in her long?

I don't think so, she doesn't need it, I know she talked about reworking some stuff in choreography I think to incorporate that 3A and moving the 3-3 to the second half. It would probably take up too much focus if she had worked on it for the LP too, she only need a clean LP to be World Champ

Superhero

Spectator
I missed her - what happened to Korpi? Is this the end?

She said she lost focus after the first jump and started rethinking the whole program while skating. She totally lost her focus and was in a shock. She plans to prepare for next season also.

yuki

Final Flight
But she probably would not get the same GOEs if she was competing in the men's discipline.

True - she doesn't have a quad and the judges would probably be less impressed with her 3T-3T, even if it's perfectly executed. Still, based on what the men have shown today, I think she'd still be around 7th-8th place easily.

yuki

Final Flight
The factor is there for a reason, she would not get the same PCS's in men's

The factor is there so that for a good all-around skate the TES and the PCS would be in the same range (and the men tend to get higher TES than the women). Anyway, I was just having a bit of fun with her score, it was not intended to be taken seriously :).

Icey

Record Breaker
Liza's is one of the great comeback stories. Athlete of the year nominee imo, if it were in some sport other than fs.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I don't think so, she doesn't need it, I know she talked about reworking some stuff in choreography I think to incorporate that 3A and moving the 3-3 to the second half. It would probably take up too much focus if she had worked on it for the LP too, she only need a clean LP to be World Champ

She only needs to skate clean?? That sounds pretty hard.

CutieP

On the Ice
She said she lost focus after the first jump and started rethinking the whole program while skating. She totally lost her focus and was in a shock. She plans to prepare for next season also.

I would like to add here that the 2017 World Champs will be held in Finland so I don't think she'll quit before that.

Oh, and welcome to Golden Skate Superhero:yay:

astronaut

Rinkside
True - she doesn't have a quad and the judges would probably be less impressed with her 3T-3T, even if it's perfectly executed. Still, based on what the men have shown today, I think she'd still be around 7th-8th place easily.

The men were way into their short programmes before I watched a man who I thought really did outscore Liza Tuktamysheva. What I'd really know is why Peter Lieber's pcs score was higher than Radionova's pcs score with that feeble excuse for a short he handed in. His pcs should have been closer to his very low tes score, because he slopped almost everything and halfway through the programme, looked like he was ready to just quit.

Mike

yuki

Final Flight
What I'd really know is why Peter Lieber's pcs score was higher than Radionova's pcs score with that feeble excuse for a short he handed in.

Factored like the ladies' (i.e multiplied by 0.8) his PCS would translate to 25.91, much lower than Elena's. You can also compare their individual PCS and notice that she got much higher scores on all categories.

astronaut

Rinkside
Thanks for the explanation yuki, because it made no sense to me. In other words, as in the job market, women have to work harder than men to receive the same pay.

chloepoco

Medalist
I really don't like Rika's posture, but I like her much more than Satoko. Yes, Satoko moves her body well, but her level of musicality is not better than the other top lady skaters. Looking at her age and the fact Asians generally get growth spurt (vertically or horizontally) later, I won't be surprised if she loose her jumps in three years. Thinking even Liza had her down time, and Lip is coping with her issues. JSF may be promoting the wrong person.

Rika's posture doesn't bother me. However, I wonder if it's not so much poor posture, but that she seems to have "broad" shoulders, giving the illusion that her posture is not so great?

At any rate, I really like Rika.

beki

Medalist
Rika's posture doesn't bother me. However, I wonder if it's not so much poor posture, but that she seems to have "broad" shoulders, giving the illusion that her posture is not so great?

I don't think her shoulders are actually broad, she just raises them up high, in a state of tension. She is holding her energy in the wrong place. Her movements should come from her core. There is hope for her to fix this.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Considering how most of the men skated (and tend to skate on a regular basis), why not? The PCS factor is there to balance the TES with the PCS (men have more difficult jumps and higher TES), not there to say that women are automatically worse than men in SS, TR, PE, INT, or CH.

She wouldn't get the same GOE in men, but she'd probably still be 8th or 9th in the SP. Much better than Russia's current men's champion.

Alba

Record Breaker

At any rate, I really like Rika.

No she definitely has a bad posture. Many people do tend to have that, but she is a skater and need to fix that, if possible. I think I saw some improvements though. It looked to me like she has more consciousness of her body and is learning how to use it, the movements etc.. That helps a lot.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Why not? Are men better at performance/execution, interpretation, choreo, etc.? I think that her PCS would stack up just fine with most of the men.

ETA: And the reason for the factor for ladies is because the ladies' TES is less than the men's. To give the ladies an unfactored PCS score would weight it higher for ladies than the men.

Last edited: