2016 Cup of China Gala | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Gala

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Xiaoyu lost a bet or something? That bubblegum pink floral dress is hideous. Even juniors would nope outta that.

MIM

Medalist
Leon and Matilda... they are gorgeous but...

Please don't sell short on their talent..
no!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Was that it? Looked like mostly triples and doubles to me... oh well. ;)

Raomina

On the Ice
They had a quad award for the guy who did the most quads between SP and FS, so Boyang won that. Then there was the quad battle. I think Han Yan did a 3T, Max popped his 4S jump into a double, Voronov did a 3T-3T and Boyang did 4Lz but with messy landing. Patrick landed his 4T cleanly. They then had the other skaters 'vote' for the winner of the quad battle by lining up behind them and Patrick and Boyang had the same score, so they 'won'. It's a pretty organized quad battle, haha.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I think Max popped into a double, and fell. I'd have to see it again.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
They had a quad award for the guy who did the most quads between SP and FS, so Boyang won that. Then there was the quad battle. I think Han Yan did a 3T, Max fell (? can't remember exactly) on his attempt, Voronov did a triple-triple and Boyang did 4Lz but with messy landing. Patrick landed his 4T. They then had the other skaters 'vote' for the winner of the quad battle by lining up behind them and Patrick and Boyang had the same score, so they 'won'. It's a pretty organized quad battle, haha.

OMG this is so highschool, they even made it into a popularity contest. I love it!
You need to be quads to be cool guys, this is the reality.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good lord, Max, what did you do to those jeans?! Those were beyond fashionably distressed. I thought the ones at CoR were new and now I see why.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
They had a quad award for the guy who did the most quads between SP and FS, so Boyang won that. Then there was the quad battle. I think Han Yan did a 3T, Max fell (? can't remember exactly) on his attempt, Voronov did a triple-triple and Boyang did 4Lz but with messy landing. Patrick landed his 4T. They then had the other skaters 'vote' for the winner of the quad battle by lining up behind them and Patrick and Boyang had the same score, so they 'won'. It's a pretty organized quad battle, haha.

It was more like a show me-your-best-jump contest. Interesting that the quality vs degree of difficult contest was a draw, reflecting competition scores frequently awarded.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker

Lmao so it was an "official" quad battle?? Is this a thing now? :laugh: I think it sounds fun but it seems to put unnecessary pressure on the guys? It should be a fun thing between skaters who want to play along (unless your name is Nam who trained with guys who's name begins with J and Y):devil:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Lmao so it was an "official" quad battle?? Is this a thing now? :laugh: I think it sounds fun but it seems to put unnecessary pressure on the guys? It should be a fun thing between skaters who want to play along (unless your name is Nam who trained with guys who's name begins with J and Y):devil:

:laugh2::rofl: one of the highlights of wolrds 2015 gala :devil: