2016 Golden Spin of Zagreb Ladies SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 Golden Spin of Zagreb Ladies SP

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
As a former psychiatric nurse, I'm convinced now that she needs to take a serious break from skating. She most likely needs psychotropic medication to deal with her anxiety/depression issues.

I agree that she may need a break, but disagree strongly that she needs medication. Figure skating is a hobby, and one should never require psychotropic medication to pursue a hobby if she is otherwise a normal functioning person. The pressure she faces is more than almost any of us would be able to deal with successfully.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Too bad about Karen Chen's mistakes. That program has so much potential. Beautiful spiral.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
That's about as rude a comment as i've read in some time. Simone Biles is not a meth head you imbecile.

I'm quite lucid actually. Far more than than the poster who nonchalantly suggested Gracie Gold to take narcotics to fix her competition issues. I'm pretty sure Americans will be applauding her braveness after she comes out as a CDD(Competition Deficit Disorder) sufferer after testing positive for Amphetamines in Pyeongchang.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
3T+3T good
3Lo hand down
2A good

non jumping elements looked beautiful to me but I'm not an expert of levels...

Looks like they are willing to give her 72 for this kind of layout here. I think she will be in the running after the SP at World. If she can land 5 triples in the LP, she probably will get the bronze after the two Russians.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Back in time for the Zamboni, oh well.

Good for Carolina and seems the US ladies under performed?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
3T+3T good
3Lo hand down
2A good

non jumping elements looked beautiful to me but I'm not an expert of levels...

High score for that jump layout. I wonder what her PCS was. It will be interesting to see how a really accomplished artistic skater like Kostner stacks up in PCS against a skater like Evgenia, who is already getting 9's in components.

frida80

Record Breaker
Gracie just tweeted this.

@GraceEGold: "If you're going through hell, keep going." ~Winston Churchill @ P.S Trust The Universe https://t.co/3417KEjyeg

:cry:

I know she means well, but sweetie if you're in pain ask for help.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh Gracie, poor thing needs to take the rest of the season off.

Glad Amber did well here, she's always shown a lot of promise. Maybe her "bae" Nathan has inspired her to be a better competitor.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*flicks through thread*

Gee, I guess there were no skaters at all after Gracie skated until Carolina did? I didn't realise half the field withdrew. What a terrible shame.

Oh wait! It seems they did skate, but all people wanted to do was yammer on about Gracie and Carolina. I guess it's obvious that they are the only reason anyone would want to pay attention to this competition. :rolleye:

andromache

Record Breaker
*flicks through thread*

Gee, I guess there were no skaters at all after Gracie skated until Carolina did? I didn't realise half the field withdrew. What a terrible shame.

Oh wait! It seems they did skate, but all people wanted to do was yammer on about Gracie and Carolina. I guess it's obvious that they are the only reason anyone would want to pay attention to this competition. :rolleye:

Uhhhhh considering the fact there was another, much more major competition going on at the same time, maybe people are interested in watching and discussing the people they are fans of?

But I can't wait to read your detailed recap after you've watched every single lady skate.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
High score for that jump layout. I wonder what her PCS was. It will be interesting to see how a really accomplished artistic skater like Kostner stacks up in PCS against a skater like Evgenia, who is already getting 9's in components.

That layout have gotten her ~71 before. With a hand down on the loop, it seems right. IIRC, a few girls have done 3T-3T and another solo triple and got over 70 and they are no where near CK in term of PCS.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
*flicks through thread*

You're right. I was only interested in Tuk, Glenn, Kostner, Gold and Chen. I didn't pay close attention to the others. If you were interested, you could have watched it yourself!