2016 JGP Ljubljana Entries | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Ljubljana Entries

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
List of entries were published yesterday on the ISU page

Lots of strong and/or interesting skaters, especially in the ladies competition...

tinnychan

On the Ice
Polina TSURSKAYA
Marin HONDA
Vivian LE
Rika KIHIRA
Eunsoo LIM
Alina ZAGITOVA

The lineup of ladies event...Wow... Marin vs Polina :eeking:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Finally Vivian! :yahoo: Nicolas Nadeau, Kevin Aymoz and Se Jong Byun too! So good :hap10:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Polina TSURSKAYA
Marin HONDA
Vivian LE
Rika KIHIRA
Eunsoo LIM
Alina ZAGITOVA

Yikes for the Rus fed and Japan fed strategy... :eeking:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I just realized Vivian has a small chance for good result :shame: USFSA should have put her in some earlier assignments.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I just realized Vivian has a small chance for good result :shame: USFSA should have put her in some earlier assignments.

Given her successes previously, there was probably a reason for the delay, whether it was injury issues, equipment issues, or some other reason.

I don't envy the people that have to decide who to put where to maximize chances, especially when they don't know who other countries are going to assign ahead of time.

ETA: Also, wow, KAZ is really making good use of their ladies spots this season! I know they can switch things out depending on how skaters do in early events, but out of their 10 assigned spots so far, they've given them to 10 different ladies!

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Given her successes previously, there was probably a reason for the delay, whether it was injury issues, equipment issues, or some other reason.

I don't envy the people that have to decide who to put where to maximize chances, especially when they don't know who other countries are going to assign ahead of time.

True, but that's why you put substitues to change/switch assignments if needed. But you're right, maybe she had a reason not to compete in early assignments...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
True, but that's why you put substitues to change/switch assignments if needed. But you're right, maybe she had a reason not to compete in early assignments...

And Vivian is listed as a sub for all the earlier events, so they could always slot her in earlier. I think it's probably a combination of some issue preventing an earlier assignment + USA only earning 1 spot/event (not including the rare extra spot this season).

pororocheburashka

On the Ice

ETA: Also, wow, KAZ is really making good use of their ladies spots this season! I know they can switch things out depending on how skaters do in early events, but out of their 10 assigned spots so far, they've given them to 10 different ladies!

Also, wow, KAZ is really making good use of their ladies spots this season! I know they can switch things out depending on how skaters do in early events, but out of their 10 assigned spots so far, they've given them to 10 different ladies!

KAZ is using a very interesting strategy! Good for motivate the ladies too (competition, travel, experience). :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Polina TSURSKAYA
Marin HONDA
Vivian LE
Rika KIHIRA
Eunsoo LIM
Alina ZAGITOVA

If the line up really goes as listed, this must be really fun to watch, even than the senior GP series. :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Also, wow, KAZ is really making good use of their ladies spots this season! I know they can switch things out depending on how skaters do in early events, but out of their 10 assigned spots so far, they've given them to 10 different ladies!

KAZ it's using a very interesting strategy!:thumbsup:

I think it's a good strategy. Maybe a few skaters will get a second assignment, but until they see who has the best potential, why not spread the wealth and give as many ladies a taste of international competition as they can.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Goodbye to Eunsoo's chance to be in JGPF this season. šŸ˜¢

Anyway, the ladies' field looks exciting but strategy-wise....it's kinda terrible. šŸ˜•

Layback11

Record Breaker
If nobody gets subbed out (#pray4vivian2k16 #sublistsftw), this will be an insanely amazing event :eeking:)

The Finn

Record Breaker
Polina TSURSKAYA
Marin HONDA
Vivian LE
Rika KIHIRA
Eunsoo LIM
Alina ZAGITOVA

Not Marin vs Polina but Alina vs Polina. Well, it is not going to happen though. If Polina is fit to compete she will skate at the 5th and 7th event but Alina's 2nd event will be other than 5th or 7th event.

Last edited: