2016 JGP St Gervais Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP St Gervais Entries

Layback11

Record Breaker
P.S.
I forgot to comment on Alexia,
she is a good skater, but I do not think she can beat Russians, Japanese & a Korean in this
unless she has made a huge improvement since January.

She probably won't win, but she's made improvements-she's put a 3Lz-3T in place of the 3T-3T in her SP.

hanca

Record Breaker
If this list doesn't exchange, then there is only reason for this - protection. I had such suspicions against Mikhaylova last season, so they continue to be confirmed. As for Zagitova - there is a patronage from the coach (Eteri) in it. In this regard I really worry about P. Tsurskaya's health

I am not sure what exactly are you trying to imply about Tsurskaya's health. Are you also worried about Medvedva 's health? And health of any other skater in that group? Is there any reason for your concerns, or have you just made it up to sound good?

boskil

Match Penalty
I am not sure what exactly are you trying to imply about Tsurskaya's health. Are you also worried about Medvedva 's health? And health of any other skater in that group? Is there any reason for your concerns, or have you just made it up to sound good?
Roman didn't make it up.
Russian figure skating internet is in state of panic about Tsurskaya's health right now. Girl hasn't posted any photos for two months and there've been some puzzling (or even worrisome) statements from other girls in the group about her readiness for the season. Nothing has been said officially, but people are speculating hard.

Last edited:

stryke

On the Ice
Roman didn't make it up.
Russian figure skating internet is in state of panic about Tsurskaya's health right now. Girl hasn't posted any photos for two months and there've been some puzzling (or even worrisome) statements from other girls in the group about her readiness for the season. Nothing has been said officially, but people are speculating hard.

She was on periscope a couple weeks ago with Zagitova. She looked normal. There's that at least.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Does first JGP of the season always have the least packed (also weakest) field? It's hard for me to understand why only Canada seem to take advantage of that. Last year they sent Roman Sadovsky, who thanks to that win (and he wouldn't win with that score any other JGP event) has qualified for JGPF, this year they're sending Nicolas Nadeau which is favourite to win for now. (I'm new to juniors, hence the question)

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Depends. Last season the Parsons went up against Loboda & Drozd at the first event as well. And we had Tsurkskaya up against Le. But it makes sense that the favorites would have more of a say in A. taking more time to prepare and B. competing at any home competition if it is available. In any case, Nadeau & Hiwatashi are in the men's field. That's #2 & #3 from Junior Worlds. Tomoki defeated every U.S. junior man at the end of last season except for Nathan who has moved up to the senior GP. Tomoki may not be ready this early in the season or so quickly after a coaching change, but based on JW those are the top two guys still in the junior men's field going head-to-head right off the bat.

Last edited:

kalee

On the Ice
Between Kaori Sakamoto, Rin Nitaya, Ye Lim Kim and Anna Tarusina, this lineup could be more interesting than it initially appeared. Tarusina, Kim & Sakamoto will all face each other (and Marin Honda) again in Yokohama so could be pretty big for whoever comes out on top here (in terms of JGPF opportunity)

The Finn

Record Breaker
Between Kaori Sakamoto, Rin Nitaya, Ye Lim Kim and Anna Tarusina, this lineup could be more interesting than it initially appeared. Tarusina, Kim & Sakamoto will all face each other (and Marin Honda) again in Yokohama so could be pretty big for whoever comes out on top here (in terms of JGPF opportunity)

One shouldn't forget Alina Zagitova.

Alina's FS at the Russian Cup final. She was 4th.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwTmOKB2m7s

She is a good skater, although she has been rather inconsistent in the past.

Elen2702

Rinkside
I likeTed Barton's commentary, even I don't no English well. But I feel his kind attitude and respect to sporstmen.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yeeeeeeee super excited about Ted, general start of the JGP & ofc about my yt chat fellas :hap10::laugh:

Arteaz

Spectator
Who knows where is it possible to find live transmission of the competition? Or it's possible to follow only youtube channel for watching competition?

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who knows where is it possible to find live transmission of the competition? Or it's possible to follow only youtube channel for watching competition?

As far as I know it's just the youtube channel, but last year the streaming quality there was better than IN, so I'm pretty excited about it.