2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
At least Igor manage to put teams together....just look at Wheaton coaches and what they did with Simon Malette ... No improvement there... This boy was skating with Ponomarenko's partner Christina and went to Payten Howland and now Kathlyn Moshang.... :palmf:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Where are the results please ?

Photos of some of the results pages can be found here:
https://twitter.com/icedancecom

Icedance.com never posted an SD result photo from the standard junior event. And I don't think they posted all of the younger events either. The official site hasn't updated from last year yet.

ice-dance.com also kept a running Facebook album of results sheets.

I think (but am not sure) that the Facebook album has some results for lower levels that were not tweeted.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
ice-dance.com also kept a running Facebook album of results sheets.

I think (but am not sure) that the Facebook album has some results for lower levels that were not tweeted.

Thank you. Yes, it does. Still no official copy of the scores from the Standard Junior SD though. And a few of the lower-level photos are too distant to read. I hope the results will be posted on the official site eventually.

mom2cavs

Rinkside
Ellie and Alex are at seniors. I think a wise choice by Igor and they already have a GP assignment. They are going to Moscow. And of course they won the senior international competition. Next year they will already have one year of senior competition under their belt when the parsons and MC move up

mom2cavs

Rinkside
ROTFL. Are we going to be having this same club rivalry conversation every time these current junior teams compete against each other over the next decade?

The two clubs are different, which is a PLUS because clearly not all athletes are the same and not all dance fans are moved in the same way. The coaches have different strengths and styles. Both are tremendous, and both are helping to develop some tremendous athletes!

Diversity on the U.S. junior dance scene is making ALL of these teams stronger. Any one of six U.S. junior dance teams at this event could challenge for a gold medal at Canadian junior nationals right now. At least three of them could challenge for gold at French junior nationals. And all of these teams are going to be a heck of a lot of fun to watch battling the slew of talented junior teams from Russia on the JGP.

The future teams of U.S. senior ice dance are coming up with the tools they need to compete internationally. Kudos to the clubs, coaches, parents, and especially the hard work from all the young athletes that is making that happen.

You are so right. Canada has been decimated and France has a couple of good teams but I don't think anyone has the depth the U.S. has. Even Russia has had some problems.

mom2cavs

Rinkside
At least Igor manage to put teams together....just look at Wheaton coaches and what they did with Simon Malette ... No improvement there... This boy was skating with Ponomarenko's partner Christina and went to Payten Howland and now Kathlyn Moshang.... :palmf:

And don't forget his other new team. Verburg/Miller. Elliot has been there for years and he and Gwen were the number one junior team in the UK.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
ROTFL. Are we going to be having this same club rivalry conversation every time these current junior teams compete against each other over the next decade?

The two clubs are different, which is a PLUS because clearly not all athletes are the same and not all dance fans are moved in the same way. The coaches have different strengths and styles. Both are tremendous, and both are helping to develop some tremendous athletes!

Diversity on the U.S. junior dance scene is making ALL of these teams stronger. Any one of six U.S. junior dance teams at this event could challenge for a gold medal at Canadian junior nationals right now. At least three of them could challenge for gold at French junior nationals. And all of these teams are going to be a heck of a lot of fun to watch battling the slew of talented junior teams from Russia on the JGP.

The future teams of U.S. senior ice dance are coming up with the tools they need to compete internationally. Kudos to the clubs, coaches, parents, and especially the hard work from all the young athletes that is making that happen.

no one is talking about club rivalry. I just noticed differences in both teams in terms of technique. For example, Parsons and M/C skate so fast and seem to have smoother transitions and better edges. But someone pointed out maybe that's because the wheaton coaches take them in when they are young. It's exciting US Dance have a lot of potentially strong couples to medal for us in future. But I do have a favorite and that's Anthony and Christina from Igor's team. I think Parsons are great skaters but it's hard for me to watch their programs through because of their brother sister relationship, that's just me. M/C are very good skaters too, and there is creativity in their skating, but like someone said, I agree that creativity for creativity's sake is not always better, just different.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Ellie and Alex are at seniors. I think a wise choice by Igor and they already have a GP assignment. They are going to Moscow. And of course they won the senior international competition. Next year they will already have one year of senior competition under their belt when the parsons and MC move up

I think Parsons and MC should have already moved to seniors. They both have great speed and transitions, lifts, and edges, in my opinion, better skaters than P/B. So if P/B are already going to seniors, then Parsons and MC should def be right there with them. I don't know if that's up to the coaches or the USFSA or the skaters themselves.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I prefer McNamara & Carpenter. I like the strength, power, drama, and storytelling in their programs. I would have loved to see them move up to seniors, but they haven't; and I don't see the point in bemoaning the issue. They're obviously working very hard and pushing themselves. Their new programs are very ambitious.

But I like Carreira & Ponomarenko and Lewis & Bye very much as well. I think C&P have grown a lot since last season. They have two strong programs this year. Christina has more personality in this new SD than I have ever seen from her. They also have good music for the swing piece, and their FD is just beautiful. So well rounded from start to end. I can't help but wonder if Marina and/or Sergei had a hand in their choreography because it reminds me so much of the teams they worked with in the past.

C&P have every opportunity to prove themselves in France. They had the same opportunity last season in Riga, and mistakes cost them. Just as they did in the FD at Nationals and in the SD at Lake Placid. I think consistency will bring them a long way.

Though just as they are chasing M&C and the Parsons, the Greens will be chasing C&P. I think both M&C and C&P have the goods to handle it. Just would love to see Christina & Anthony grab this opportunity in France.

Anastasi14

On the Ice
I was actually impressed with what I saw from team Igor looking at both SD and FD for the teams and the places they are in their careers. He must be doing something right because almost all his teams took home medals. I especially liked the work he did for Yura Min and partner for the FD. So I'll have to respectfully disagree with the negative sentiments expressed here.
I like FD for Anthony and Christina - great choice and so nicely done! But I afraid that SD will pull them down(

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
C/P are train by Shpilband and Bourza. One of my source told me Sergei is still in California while Marina is now in Florida

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
I was at national's last year... C/P weren't rewarded for their amazing SD...P/B made mistakes at the end of their program FD but still came ahead of C/P... Never understood

bramweld

Record Breaker
I like FD for Anthony and Christina - great choice and so nicely done! But I afraid that SD will pull them down(

I actually like their SD quite much. It just needs a bit more confidence and milage. Even more than their FD. Different strokes I guess :)

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And don't forget his other new team. Verburg/Miller. Elliot has been there for years and he and Gwen were the number one junior team in the UK.

Whatever happened to Gwen, anyway? I just saw on WISA's page that Elliot's part of a new team...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

Is it not possible to praise the junior US dance teams without putting down junior dancers from other countries? These guys are mostly kids, at different stages in their development, trying their best. I don't think anyone skates poorly on purpose.