2016 Rio: Handball women and men | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Handball women and men

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Starting this thread with women: Norway-Brazil. Brazil leading during the whole match, but exciting until the last ten minutes. Norway who won olympics 2008 and 2012 lost 28-31. Rodrigues scored 12 goals by herself, but the whole team were really good. Nora Mørk was the bets Norwegian player. I think all her shots were goals.

Congrats Brazil :clap: Looks like they like the football women have trained well :)

I didn’t like the whistling and booing in the audience when Norway had the ball though :disagree:

Two groups, 8 teams advance.

Group A:
Brazil
Norway
Angola
Spain
Montenegro
Romania

Group B:
Argentina
France
Republic of Korea
Netherlands
Russian Federation
Sweden

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Men tournament Group Stage so far:

Croatia 25-30 Qatar
Denmark 25-19 Argentina
France 25-23 Tunisia
Sweden 29-32 Germany
Poland 32-34 Brazil ( :sad4: )
Slovenia 27-26 Egypt

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
France crashed Qatar 35-20! In second half Qatar didn't exist. That's a World Champions for you :cheer:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Poland is still fighting! :yahoo: Unfortunately for you snowflake, Sweden is out :(

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Women’s quarter finals:
Tuesday 16
Brazil-Netherlands
Spain-France
Sweden- Norway (Hmmm… tricky, but I’ll cheer for Norway, which I wish wins gold)
Wednesday 17
Russia-Angola

Poland is still fighting! :yahoo: Unfortunately for you snowflake, Sweden is out :(

Thanks, but that’s okay (for me, obviously not for the Swedish team). Silver in London, but they just didn’t play well enough this time. Poland is also out, right?

Sweden now plays against Brazil. Listened to the lovely Brazilian national anthem and now to the not so lovely Brazilian audience :laugh: Brazil has already advanced, but they won’t win this match :dev2:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Women’s quarter finals:
Tuesday 16
Brazil-Netherlands
Spain-France
Sweden- Norway (Hmmm… tricky, but I’ll cheer for Norway, which I wish wins gold)
Wednesday 17
Russia-Angola

Thanks, but that’s okay (for me, obviously not for the Swedish team). Silver in London, but they just didn’t play well enough this time. Poland is also out, right?

Sweden now plays against Brazil. Listened to the lovely Brazilian national anthem and now to the not so lovely Brazilian audience :laugh: Brazil has already advanced, but they won’t win this match :dev2:

Nope, we have a lots of luck. Even though we lost to Slovenia, Germany won with Egypt and thank to that we advance from 4th place. We're to play against Croatia in QF. Women Handabll QF seems interesting :)

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
good luck to Poland :biggrin:

I dont want our team to lose mostly b/c our female team's coach is the most entertaining & quotable man Moreso than TAT even :laugh::rofl2:

Swedish journalist & the coach

- You probably beat the girls, right?
- Yep. Kick them with my feet

to the local newspaper

- Any conclusions about the games & what to be done to improve?
- what conclusions & thoughts? Training & analising. Bottom line is clear. Look! Dmitrieva had her Bday & we kissed her all all over. Next game she didnt score! So bottom line - never kiss her!.

& a million others:rofl:

btw there will be a docu film by 1 of the western companies how he's a tyrant & all & obv everyone's gonna belive the ****** :rolleye: basically villanizing him as Mishin & tellin lies

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
good luck to Poland :biggrin:

I dont want our team to lose mostly b/c our female team's coach is the most entertaining & quotable man Moreso than TAT even :laugh::rofl2:

Swedish journalist & the coach

- You probably beat the girls, right?
- Yep. Kick them with my feet

to the local newspaper

- Any conclusions about the games & what to be done to improve?
- what conclusions & thoughts? Training & analising. Bottom line is clear. Look! Dmitrieva had her Bday & we kissed her all all over. Next game she didnt score! So bottom line - never kiss her!.

& a million others:rofl:

btw there will be a docu film by 1 of the western companies how he's a tyrant & all & obv everyone's gonna belive the ****** :rolleye: basically villanizing him as Mishin & tellin lies

Thanks! Good luck to Russia team, too :) I like the unusual answers the coach gave! I wouldn't care about western companies and their perception of things. After all it is believed by some Westerners that bears are walking down the streets in Russia....

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wait... there aren't bears roaming around Moscow? :devil:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Norawy has demolished Sweden in QF :eeking: If the ladies will keep playing so well, I think your wish may come true, snowflake!

sneakers

Match Penalty
Norway looks so strong through out this event, I will be difficult for Russia to past the semis. :hopelessness:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Women:
Norway slayed; very focused and enthusiastic - gave it all the hole match. Extra :clap: to the keeper Kari Aalvik Grimsbo(already two-time olympic champion, 2008 and 2012) Meh Sweden: 20-33

Norway for gold :thumbsup:

Thursday 18
Netherlands-France
Norway-Russia

Men’s quarter finals today and tomorrow

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I didn't want to jinx our guys, but I was so happy we were to play with Croatia and not France. I knew we have a chance with them and we won! :hap57: At least one positive from that day :hap10: The first half was better for us, in second Croats were playing smarter and we had problems. But we still had Wyszomirski :love: Now we're going to play with Denmark and France will play against Germany.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
I didn't want to jinx our guys, but I was so happy we were to play with Croatia and not France. I knew we have a chance with them and we won! :hap57: At least one positive from that day :hap10: The first half was better for us, in second Croats were playing smarter and we had problems. But we still had Wyszomirski :love: Now we're going to play with Denmark and France will play against Germany.

are Croats good in handball ? I only know Croatia is good in Water Polo.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
are Croats good in handball ? I only know Croatia is good in Water Polo.

Of course they are! They even won Olympics twice! Last time in Athens 2004. In London they won bronze. It's a big thing to beat Croatia in knock out stage. Poland is good too, but historically Croatia is much better.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
ouch Norwegian women :cry:

Saturday 20
Bronze match: Netherlands-Norway
Gold match: France-Russia

Semifinals men
Friday 19
France-Germany
Poland-Denmark

Happy for you Cathleen, but i’m going to cheer for Denmark :laugh:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
ouch Norwegian women :cry:

Saturday 20
Bronze match: Netherlands-Norway
Gold match: France-Russia

Semifinals men
Friday 19
France-Germany
Poland-Denmark

Happy for you Cathleen, but i’m going to cheer for Denmark :laugh:

No problem :p There will be Poles to cheer for my team in Rio! :cheer:

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
No and no! Trefilov rules!
IM SOOOO happy!!! He rules indeed!
O lol'ed so hard when he had an answer to Phelps :laugh::laugh:
He deserves it soo much along with the girls!
Im gonna be soo sad if they lose the gold match.:sad21: As usual Im prepared for the worst & hope for the best:laugh:
I do wish the games were less nerve wracking for him. I always worry for his health:( But it just shows that no team is weak & they put up a good fight. Ofc its a bonus for us viewers? but cant imagine how its for the coach:disapp: & what i like is that he's always respectful to other teams.

Wait... there aren't bears roaming around Moscow?
I have one as a pet :cool::cool: *come here my bb I'll pat your furry head rrrrawrrrr*:cool::biggrin:

Last edited: