2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

TGee

Record Breaker
If for some reason singles skating doesn't work out for Nic, he can easily switch to pairs---RoNam had better watch out! ;) https://www.instagram.com/p/BWB10mUAuSg/

Uhm, I'm wondering if we have any information about Nic's training dance or pairs when he was younger. . . ? That might give us a better sense of how "pairs ready" he might be.

Working as a team is challenging to learn in the late teens from what I've heard... There's the working together psychology, which has got to be a major shift in thought for kids who've been training in an individual sport from a young age. This is likely why we are seeing a number of two discipline skaters up to juniors...better to lay down the sports psychology for pairs/dance at a young age and keep options open.

Additionally, skating with someone requires a lot of consistency, and we seem to be seeing a lot of skaters doing it to improve just that. That is, training with a partner may be a great way to improve singles skating technique.

Looking around social media postings, in addition to RoNam or Nam and Kevin's SBS 3As last year, Alaine Chartrand seems to train unison/SBS jumps with her longtime Prescott training mate, Matthew Markell, and they've played around with some dance lifts too...

But it is interesting that Nic's sharing that he's doing some pairs lifts off ice. I notice that she's not in a harness and it's an overhead lift. This suggests that they've been working on it for a bit....

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Pairs skating is so much more than just lifts so I wouldn't bank on an easy transition for Nicolas unless he's got past experience. TGee could tell you more about it.

Uhm, I'm wondering if we have any information about Nic's training dance or pairs when he was younger. . . ? That might give us a better sense of how "pairs ready" he might be.

While I'm not sure if Nic had dabbled in pairs when he was younger, I assume that he did receive some ice dance training because he had performed with Annie Rose in an ice show: http://www.cpaboisbriand.com/IMG/jpg/annie_rose_et_nicolas_nadeau_1.jpg

Moreover, a photo on Facebook that I'm unable to share here because of its privacy settings indicates that he and Maude Angers also did an ice dance exhibition number a few years ago.

Tutto

Record Breaker
The audio is not good. I think it will be fine in person or on TV. :yes:

No I meant I just can't stand the music per se, some associations with one extremely annoying & silly movie I had to watch+ the very words 'Summertime' just seem to bring more hay fever suffering for me right now .... sneeze sneeze ... :)

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Gabby sure is taking her time with her announcement...
Been refreshing her twitter every 5 minutes. :drama:

mrrice

Record Breaker
:eek:topic:...Big Serving Milos Raonic took the first step in defending his big points from last years Wimbledon by winning his opening match in straight sets. For someone who is so tall, he really moves like a dream. His strokes are smooth and lethal and I hope he takes it a step further and Wins the Championship.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Gabrielle Daleman has announced her 2017-2018 free skate music. It is "Gladiator Rhapsody".

Her club mates, Team Cricket ice dancers Natalie D'Alessandro / Bruce Waddell, have gotten an assignment to JGP Brisbane

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
With Gabby finally announcing her LP music, here's another summary of Canadian skater program info (let me know if I've missed anything)

Ladies
Alaine Chartrand
SP - Libertango with choreography by Shae-Lynn Bourne
LP - Sunset Boulevard music with choreography by David Wilson
Kaetlyn Osmond
SP - Summertime with choreography by Lance Vipond
LP - Black Swan choreography by Jeff Buttle
Larkyn Austman
SP - Mein Herr (Liza Minnelli) with choreography by Mark Pillay
LP - Great Gatsby medley
Gabrielle Daleman
SP - choreography by Lori Nichol
LP - Gladiator Rhapsody with choreography by Lori Nichol
Veronik Mallet
LP - Turning Tables (Adele) (maybe with choreography by David Wilson)

Men
Nicolas Nadeau
SP - choreography by Shae-Lynn Bourne
Roman Sadovsky
Two new programs
Nam Nguyen
SP - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Kevin Reynolds
SP - choreography by Shae-Lynn Bourne

Pairs
Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford
SP - With or Without You (April Meservy cover of U2) with choreography by Julie Marcotte and John Kerr
LP - Muse (reprise of 2014-2015 LP)
Julianne Seguin / Charlie Bilodeau
LP - Where's My Love (SYML) with choreography by David Wilson and Marie-France Dubreuil
Lubov Ilyushechkina /Dylan Moscovitch
LP - choreographed by David Wilson and Sandra Bezic

Dance
Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus
SD - Bailando, El Perdedor, Let Me Be Your Lover (Enrique Iglesias)
FD - Cheek to Cheek, I Won’t Dance (Tony Bennett / Lady Gaga)
Marjorie Lajoie / Lagha
FD - Dream (Imagine Dragons)
Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
FD - choreography by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
FD - choreography by Lori Nichol & Linda Garneau
Choreography by John Kerr ? (on Vanessa Jame’s insta in pic with John…)

TGee

Record Breaker
Gabrielle Daleman has announced her 2017-2018 free skate music. It is "Gladiator Rhapsody".

Does anyone know if this would be an orchestral version or a piano one [e.g. Lang Lang]? :think:

It would make a significant difference in the arena.....

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I sure hope it's the orchestral version, Gabby is a power skater and is at no risk of being drowned out by big music, not a fan of Lang Lang as a musician although his Gladiator Rhapsody is not terrible.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i would bet on orchestral and i dislike lang lang so gabby.... make the right choices ;) but i am pretty sure piano pieces would be reserved for SPs this year... you need big sweeping music for LPs at olympics

TGee

Record Breaker
I'm hoping for a big orchestral Gladiator for Gabby too...she can so carry it! :agree:

Otherwise, I've been having some silly summer musing thoughts....

Thinking of the gorgeous fantasy fashion photo spreads of the Russian ladies, especially Anna Pogorilia, and thinking of how well our Canadian ladies have done this year and how gorgeous they are, I'm really wondering why Elle Canada or Flare aren't putting them on the cover and doing a feature...

Some of our male skaters have established themselves as fashion ad worthy [Eric Radford for Samuelson, Shane Firus for Calvin Klein]....So why aren't our Canadian designers and magazines hurrying to get Kaetlyn and Gabby in to some gorgeous gowns? :scratch3:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm hoping for a big orchestral Gladiator for Gabby too...she can so carry it! :agree:

Otherwise, I've been having some silly summer musing thoughts....

Thinking of the gorgeous fantasy fashion photo spreads of the Russian ladies, especially Anna Pogorilia, and thinking of how well our Canadian ladies have done this year and how gorgeous they are, I'm really wondering why Elle Canada or Flare aren't putting them on the cover and doing a feature...

Some of our male skaters have established themselves as fashion ad worthy [Eric Radford for Samuelson, Shane Firus for Calvin Klein]....So why aren't our Canadian designers and magazines hurrying to get Kaetlyn and Gabby in to some gorgeous gowns? :scratch3:

those 2 + tessa = hello gorgeous ladies !!!!!!!!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
those 2 + tessa = hello gorgeous ladies !!!!!!!!

Well Tessa and Scott have posed for Today's Bride (though their good looks were probably only one of a couple reasons they wanted them for a wedding shoot). And of course I had to look that up now, and I mean :love: 1 2

I know not everyone likes Dave Lease, but he said that if Tessa was American, she'd have been on the cover of Vogue by now and I certainly agree that she could be.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Well Tessa and Scott have posed for Today's Bride (though their good looks were probably only one of a couple reasons they wanted them for a wedding shoot). And of course I had to look that up now, and I mean :love: 1 2

I know not everyone likes Dave Lease, but he said that if Tessa was American, she'd have been on the cover of Vogue by now and I certainly agree that she could be.

I disagree and say that if Tessa was Italian, French or from the UK she'd have already been on the cover of Vogue or a similar publication, not so much American.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
omg... and can we not imagine them at a gorgeous wedding now... ?? what kind of mind games are people playing with us...

damn they are so regal!