2017 GP Rostelecom Cup GALA | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup GALA

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I liked the ex much better than Anna Karenina. Zhenya should try less hard with the acting and just skate!!

It's interesting that they matched up Evgenia with Yuzuru in the finale not the ladies winner with men winner :biggrin: Although it's expected considering all those tweets from Russian Olympic Committee or Skating Federation focusing on Evgenia/Yuzuru :rofl2:

pearly

Record Breaker
I don't know how T/M manage to look dated skating a contemporary song (which is one of my favorites). I think they need to spend hours in the mirror and doing activities to work on their connection on the ice. They do the moves beautifully but don't draw us in! A beautiful piece of music and nothing . . .

They have zero charisma and personality. I'm not sure you can practice that in the mirror. Boyfriend walked in as they were on and asked, I kiddeth not, "Who are these two squid?" They need music that requires no emotion and no story because they are unable to portray emotion or tell stories on the ice.

I'm glad the Shibutanis brought back their last year's SP. I was thinking more people should do that. Recycling yes, but also entertaining. Hanyu's and V/M's Prince programs for example.

Anyway, this is probably the last Gala I'll watch this year... I don't really enjoy them.

GGFan

Record Breaker
They have zero charisma and personality. I'm not sure you can practice that in the mirror. Boyfriend walked in as they were on and asked, I kiddeth not, "Who are these two squid?" They need music that requires no emotion and no story because they are unable to portray emotion or tell stories on the ice.

It might be wishful thinking but can't they just learn how to do some simple acting or least look like they're passionate about their art? Bechke and Petrov because more connected, emotive skaters after they divorced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=804SAv-uei4 I don't need everyone to have a Gordeeva and Grinkov love story, but someone smart like Moskvina needs to lock them in a room and not let them out until they show some emotion.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
That dress gives me lyyyffffff :love:

I can't open up to this piece for two reasons. First, Yuna's EX was so utterly beautiful that it ruined me for any other versions. The way her body moved as if she created the music and not the other way around. Second, I feel the choreography of Zhenya's version could have been better. The hydroblade and "Johnny Weir" lunge/slide are out of place for this piece. I love this music and was looking for more balletic moves, beautiful body lines, aesthetic spins and got none. What if she turned her previous LP to an EX instead of this? Just my two cents.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Aww yes the master selfie master is back!! How i miss thee? Everyone looks so happy and in frame?

How did Hanyu got so high? Did Moris gave him a piggy back? funny.

It was Ondrej Hotarek! ;)

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
Wow. I really liked Evgenia's program in the Expo. It is unfortunate that she is not using that stunning dress for the LP. I really wish she would do something like this for her programs. :eeking:

MIM

Medalist
Caro:luv17:
Watching her, I felt healed...

I was on the phone all morning listening to my friend who had a bad breakup over the weekend. I sent her a link to Caro's Debussy.

I wanted to put Nathan on a uniqlo t shirt, something fit, so that I can see his body line!!!!

If Kaori had this ex as her competition program and changed her mind for whatever reasons, I want to praise her and her tem's wise and insightful judgement... The first half was good. I see genuine, lovely Kaori, who does not need acting. She herself is beautiful abstract art. No need to put on any make up!! But the second half.. does not require any imagination and a cheap copy of a not so long ago "famous" program. As an ex, it is a cute program.

Yuzu.. I had to stop watching.. I know he is amazing, masterful... but it is too cringing.. sorry..

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Anyone else see a bit of Michelle Kwan in Wakaba here? Maybe it's the hairstyle + the music style, but man do her intricate fluid upper body motions hit the notes so well :love:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Anyone else see a bit of Michelle Kwan in Wakaba here? Maybe it's the hairstyle + the music style, but man do her intricate fluid upper body motions hit the notes so well :love:

well, I can say that what I DID NOT see in Wakaba was 'muffin' as she was named in Ladies FS thread...and yes about intricacy of her upper body part movement, coordinating it with speed and arms accentuation. Definitely a powerful girl, with beauty matching her skill.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Is this sarcasm? I thought it was terrible...the concept is cute, but there was nothing going on except for the hump and him pulling a few faces.

What did he "stretch?" Serious question. Kurt Browning he is not...I thought Moris's ex was 10x better.

Really wonder sometimes why some fans spend so much energy and seize every opportunity for posting vitriolic opinions about skaters that they dislike.