2017 Worlds on-site reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds on-site reports

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Lol there is nobody in the current practice group! Cannot blame them, get the sightseeing done while you can. ;-)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
for those who will have cameras - if You'll have an opportunity, please post some photos (I like those practice ones the most), thanks in advance!(Dear YesWay, I'm looking at You:cool14:)
I might post a few photos from today's practices when I get back to the hotel... but don't hold your breath...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*anxious handwringing* How were Brendan and Kailani? Reports thin on the ground!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Apparently no one from Group 5 went for practice. I assumed the Russian men wouldn't be there if the ladies aren't, but no MCM and Deniss either.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wrote a long post and lost it! Darn it! Jason looked VERY good and very strong. I think 1 out of 20 of my pictures of him turned out. Will post it later. I'm sure Jackie Wong is posting jumps. I enjoy the other stuff more. The audience was applauding while he did his beautiful catch foot spin and also when he did his Russian splits. Afterwards he was talking to Kori and then waved at all his Japanese fans and said something to them

Brendan looked great! I swear I can see such an improvement since Sk Amer, and he was already good then. He did his SP and stopped a couple times to talk to Tammy. He had good speed today. I can't remember what I wrote about his jumps. Sorry! I lost the Wi Fi signal and lost what I wrote. He was just ON in general...Kailani skated before I got here.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Wrote a long post and lost it! Darn it! Jason looked VERY good and very strong. I think 1 out of 20 of my pictures of him turned out. Will post it later. I'm sure Jackie Wong is posting jumps. I enjoy the other stuff more. The audience was applauding while he did his beautiful catch foot spin and also when he did his Russian splits. Afterwards he was talking to Kori and then waved at all his Japanese fans and said something to them

Brendan looked great! I swear I can see such an improvement since Sk Amer, and he was already good then. He did his SP and stopped a couple times to talk to Tammy. He had good speed today. I can't remember what I wrote about his jumps. Sorry! I lost the Wi Fi signal and lost what I wrote. He was just ON in general...Kailani skated before I got here.

Thanks for the report! Yes, Jackie is posting jumps and I'm with you about paying more attention to rest of stuff. I know Karne will be thrilled to hear about Brendan!

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
They're testing the big screens, occasionally the screens show what must be a fake (randomized) Men SP start list. Javier is first. ;-)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, I am officially in pairs heaven! I think 3 pairs just had a gold medal practice -- Sui and Han , James and Cipres, Yu and Zhang. Synchronicity, speed, jumps, throws. OMG! Zhang threw Yu SO high. Honestly, it was one of those moves where our Brit B ESP guys would have said "She could have changed a light bulb while she was up there". Wow, just wow! :jaw:

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Ok, I am officially in pairs heaven! I think 3 pairs just had a gold medal practice -- Sui and Han , Morgan and Cipres, Yu and Zhang. Synchronicity, speed, jumps, throws. OMG! Zhang threw Yu SO high. Honestly, it was one of those moves where our Brit B ESP guys would have said "She could have changed a light bulb while she was up there". Wow, just wow! :jaw:

omg, if this will be the level of pairs competition...so, so happy to hear Vanessa/Morgan are slaying it!!! Is John Zimmermann hairless already?? :laugh: