2018-19 Junior Grand Prix Final Men's Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Junior Grand Prix Final Men's Free Skate

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Camden and Adam both received time violations, as expected. Both Gogolev’s 4Lz and 4S were called under. Gumennik’s 3F was downgraded, as expected, and his -3Lo was also called UR. Adam also got a UR on his Euler.

frida80

Record Breaker
So wonderful Stephan was able to win for the hometown crowd! I'm so thrill for him. Those cheers are wonderful!

rachno2

Record Breaker
omg what did I miss analyzing protocols

He just has hilarious facial expressions and he was intently picking at the sparkles on his costume while the Canadian anthem was playing. Then he had to take his victory lap without a Russian flag

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Stephen will turn 14 on Dec. 22, so I'm just curious as to who is the youngest men's singles skater to win the JGPF?

frida80

Record Breaker
Enjoy looking at these medals. Next year is France. There won't be medals but some weird plate thing...

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Stephen will turn 14 on Dec. 22, so I'm just curious as to who is the youngest men's singles skater to win the JGPF?
I think it is Stephen. My understanding is that the youngest until now was Hanyu.

And so the men's JGP ends as it began: Stephen Gogolev atop the podium alongside a Japanese skater and a European skater (shame that we couldn't keep that North America/Japan/Europe trifecta going through all of the competitions in between like it looked like we might initially).

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Just got here... :slink:

Yay Stephen! :yahoo: And Petr and Koshiro! :clap: Sad for Camden, though... :cry:

- - - Updated - - -

Random question: is Kanysheva younger than Gogolev?

(thought this was the rare JGPF where the youngest boy was younger than the youngest girl...)

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
He just has hilarious facial expressions and he was intently picking at the sparkles on his costume while the Canadian anthem was playing. Then he had to take his victory lap without a Russian flag

The sparkle-picking was AMAZING, but I actually died laughing at Gogolev’s pout as he blew on his stray hair after having to take the assist from the bronze podium position. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]