2018-2019 Russian Nationals Mens SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Mens SP

rachno2

Record Breaker
Wait a minute ... who's Miliukov?? Really great skate :shocked:

Also, I call bee es Kovtun's PCS compared to Misha's. Yes, Misha's a little off today (sinusitis is no joke, obviously), but LOL. If Kovtun becomes Nats Champ .................

Don’t even bothering asking “if,” it’s going to happen if Kovtun stays on his feet tomorrow. Misha went to the doctor’s immediately after his SP, so hopefully he will be advised to withdraw. They have given Samarin the opportunity to snatch the title if Kovtun falls apart. Though if all the men splat and Miliukov throws down a clean skate, it may be hard to deny the newcomer. And what a conundrum that would be for the Fed!

Danny T

Medalist
Don’t even bothering asking “if,” it’s going to happen if Kovtun stays on his feet tomorrow. Misha went to the doctor’s immediately after his SP, so hopefully he will be advised to withdraw. They have given Samarin the opportunity to snatch the title if Kovtun falls apart. Though if all the men splat and Miliukov throws down a clean skate, it may be hard to deny the newcomer. And what a conundrum that would be for the Fed!

Sigh Misha ... I'm worried about him. Our family watched together and even my mom remarked he looked really tired after (and it's just the short!). I hope he withdraws too, I don't think attempting the long is safe. @ Russian media better not talk smack :disapp:

The less I talk about Kovtun, the better :dev2:

rachno2

Record Breaker
Sigh Misha ... I'm worried about him. Our family watched together and even my mom remarked he looked really tired after (and it's just the short!). I hope he withdraws too, I don't think attempting the long is safe. @ Russian media better not talk smack :disapp:

At the press conference he said, “Tomorrow I will fight” :palmf:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
men sp:2 clean skates out of 16 and just 5 guys managed to don't wipe the ice with their backs.

Maxim KOVTUN: -5 for the tattoo, his harm look dirty. About the skating, no surprises here, we all knew. I can’t say I didn’t enjoy the performance and he did his best, also was the only one with 2 quads (landed)

Mikhail KOLYADA: none can say he isn’t a fighter. He still not in his best form and yet managed to stay on his feet (step out aside)

Andrei LAZUKIN: I think this is his best performance of the season in the sp.

Dmitri ALIEV: :palmf::bang::giveup:

Artur decimus meridius DMITRIEV: the gladiator in pajama, one of the better of the event.

Anton SHULEPOV: + 5 for shaving his armpits, nice warrior routine overall

Konstantin MILIUKOV: who is this guy? Never mind, I know…he is the prove that anything can happen in Russian men fs. edit: he was junior in 2012 and skates at nationals every 4 years. this IS the year of the uncles

rachno2

Record Breaker
Konstantin MILIUKOV: who is this guy? Never mind, I know…he is the prove that anything can happen in Russian men fs. edit: he was junior in 2012 and skates at nationals every 4 years. this IS the year of the uncles

Somebody had to carry on Sergei’s spirit :(

champagnerain

Final Flight
Um, how does a 3Lz+3F get positive GOE? I can't remember the specifics but I remember reading that the combo can't be done unless wrong edges are used or something.

You have to land on the opposite foot to be able to do at 3F on the back half of the combo, but I think current ISU rules say that jumps in the first half of a combination can land on either foot (and edge? I don't remember). I remember hearing that there was a GOE penalty for doing so, but when I was looking through the new ISU scoring rules (I went to research this after the first time Dmitriev did this combo :laugh:), I didn't see anything about the GOE penalty. Maybe that was in the scoring guide previously and they revised it? I'm not sure, so hopefully someone else with a better memory and grasp of ISU scoring regs can chime in here.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
You have to land on the opposite foot to be able to do at 3F on the back half of the combo, but I think current ISU rules say that jumps in the first half of a combination can land on either foot (and edge? I don't remember). I remember hearing that there was a GOE penalty for doing so, but when I was looking through the new ISU scoring rules (I went to research this after the first time Dmitriev did this combo :laugh:), I didn't see anything about the GOE penalty. Maybe that was in the scoring guide previously and they revised it? I'm not sure, so hopefully someone else with a better memory and grasp of ISU scoring regs can chime in here.

There’s a -1 to -3 GOE deduction for “Weak landing (bad pos./wrong edge/scratching etc.),” and the technical handbook says that a jump landed on the wrong edge won’t be called by the TP but that judges will reflect the issue in GOE. But the final GOE wouldn’t necessarily have to be negative if a judge applied a -1 GOE penalty for landing on the wrong edge but felt there were enough positive features to offset.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

Yes, from 2017/18 first jump in a combo can be landed on the opposite foot. So there is no GOE penalty for that anymore. However, cause skater need to change the landing foot the combo may not look so efforthless and position in the air may not look that pleasing cause the change of axis in the air, so the combo probably won't be awarded with much positive GOEs.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
There’s a -1 to -3 GOE deduction for “Weak landing (bad pos./wrong edge/scratching etc.),” and the technical handbook says that a jump landed on the wrong edge won’t be called by the TP but that judges will reflect the issue in GOE. But the final GOE wouldn’t necessarily have to be negative if a judge applied a -1 GOE penalty for landing on the wrong edge but felt there were enough positive features to offset.

For the Flip the landing edge in a first jump in a combo is fine. He would need to change the edge for Lz, so Lz as a second jump in a combo is less possible. S as a second jump would be also possible (also without Eu).

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I watched the top 3. Ruslan is coaching :love: Or just choreographing..? Do you think Miliukov has any chance to be chosen for Euros if he skates the Free well?