2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb Pairs Free Skate

Eloise14

Rinkside
I'm in shock that they let her continue and that she was even able to continue.

I hope she's ok. I also feel bad for Timothy because he must be beating himself up. I hope they are able to re-group and work their way back to trusting each other.

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
You’d think after that Cup of China fiasco, the ISU would handle these situations better...

sworddance21

On the Ice
Wow, I'm just coming here to see what the day brought at the competitions. Sounds like I missed something awful with Ashley Cain.

frida80

Record Breaker
I'm really mad the Ref didn't stop the program and get Ashley some help on ice. But hen again, they let Yuzuru compete at CoP with a confirmed injured ankle after he was told to stay off it for two weeks.

sworddance21

On the Ice
Thanks for the well wishes! I'm on the mend.

Concussions should be taken seriously and I hope they take the time they need. I actually had a similar experience. I was dazed and assumed everything was fine. It wasnt untik the next morning I realized something was wrong.

I'm glad Ashley has a whole team around her. It was really scary to see her just laying there for 15 seconds.

Absolutely. Concussions are scary. Joshua Farris retired because of concussions.

twirlingblades

Medalist
Thanks for the well wishes! I'm on the mend.

Concussions should be taken seriously and I hope they take the time they need. I actually had a similar experience. I was dazed and assumed everything was fine. It wasnt untik the next morning I realized something was wrong.

I'm glad Ashley has a whole team around her. It was really scary to see her just laying there for 15 seconds.

Same here. I got a concussion November 2016, during my first semester of grad school (fell skating). It was horrible. I drove to the hospital after practice because I knew something was wrong.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just found out about Cain/LeDuc - man, I hope they're going to be okay. What on earth was the referee thinking to let them keep skating after a clear head-strike?

NancyJune

Spectator
That is the scariest fall I have ever seen. I've watched it twice now and gasped both times. Ref should have called that.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I didn't watch this competiton, but saw the news about Ashley C on the main Yahoo page. Poor girl. Hope she recovers well! :pray:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This should never have been Ashley’s call to make, the poor girl was suffering the effects of a nasty fall.

The referee should absolutely have stepped in and stopped the skate.

Prayers she is OK:pray:

OK, I am late to the party but I just watched the failed lift on slowmo stop action....AC landed squarely on her head...looked like she accidently hit Tim with her knee....I wont publish the pics but if anyone in the tech pannel saw this they should have stopped it and el henry is correct, it should NEVER have been AC's call to make. Tim shouldnt have listened to her. And the tech pannel should have stopped it. You can tear/break the spinal cord after an accident so they move you very carefully when you are in a wreck. She needed a stretcher and an MRI...not a completed program. I will check her twitter/FB page.