2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb Pairs Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb Pairs Short Program

gold12345

Medalist
Yes ... but I'm torn. I'm really rooting for Ashley and Tim. It would be such a lovely thing for them to beat the K's, or come very close to them! If not, to win the SP or the FS here. I would be loving that.

I wouldn't love that. :laugh: Different strokes for different folks. But I believe K/K are the stronger pair and would only lose to C/L if they skate poorly, and I don't want to see anyone skate poorly. Sometimes K/K beat themselves, and I would like to see them skate more up to their potential instead of make so many big mistakes that others are able to catch them.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Deanna's new costume ... but Ashley C. was already wearing pink for thE SP, I think. Well, I love ladies in pink. :)

TSL said there was a rumor that Deanna and Nate have a new SP.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TSL is right, new music for Deanna and Nate

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Lana and Antonio, nice and fun performance!

Fun program, but tension in the KnC :shocked: it was like that last time I saw them, Lombardia maybe? Lana has definitely worked on her SS, but they are still having syncing problems...

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At least they didn’t fall, I don’t care what they do, Deanna and Nate are so smooth, so elegant, and the dramatic music suits them.

:clap:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
That was great :love: I actually really like the program, though it might not be to everyone's tastes!

gold12345

Medalist
Why must they change the camera angle right in the middle of a jump. Solid skate for Efimova and Korovin. Good fight by her on the jump and the throw.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aw yay Deanna looks pleased!! :luv17:

Now go E/K!!!

Yes. That's the first time all year. She's been looking like she could barely tolerate Nate, IMHO. not just in K&C. They did their bows to each other today and looked like they really meant them! LOL. Much preferable. Previously, they looked rushed or insincere; I'd rather they not do them. JMO.

- - - Updated - - -

I really enjoyed that program from the Russians. Well done!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Maybe for next season the ISU will bless us with the beautiful TES box during Challengers...and the proper TES one, with levels and everything, not just the running total. If only. :pray:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Alisa and Alexander, lovely! Good unison on the spins. A well-deserved (as-of-now-)first place.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes. That's the first time all year. She's been looking like she could barely tolerate Nate, IMHO. not just in K&C. They did their bows to each other today and looked like they really meant them! LOL. Much preferable. Previously, they looked rushed or insincere; I'd rather they not do them. JMO.

Totally agree. Looked like the partnership wasn't going to last much longer after some of the KnCs this year, but this restored my faith a little!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't love that. :laugh: Different strokes for different folks. But I believe K/K are the stronger pair and would only lose to C/L if they skate poorly, and I don't want to see anyone skate poorly. Sometimes K/K beat themselves, and I would like to see them skate more up to their potential instead of make so many big mistakes that others are able to catch them.

Well, you're right, of course. I'd rather everyone do well ... and C/L give K's a run for their money!

I'll amend my hope a bit ... but just a bit. :laugh: I've noticed a steady rise in the International judges' regard and appreciation for Cain and Leduc ... I hope we see that continue and rise a little more today and tomorrow. :)

gold12345

Medalist
It was nice to see Deanna look so pleased in the kiss & cry even if they didn't score a big number. She often looks upset or distraught, and the body language between her and Nate looks strained, so this was a nice change of pace.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m sorry, folks, but Deanna and Nate have talked about this, and I’m not convinced the KnC has been “frosty” in th past. This is their job, and when they don’t do it well, they don’t hide it. But they’re not upset with each other, just with themselves. At 36, Deanna ain’t got time to trifle;)

And I think if Ashley and Tim *and* Alexa and Chris skate well, the results will be closer than you think. And I luvs all of them, I don’t know how to pick among the US pairs anymore:biggrin:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Knierims in their spaceship onesees<3

Ashley and Tim with their fun program<3

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Too bad about the throw:(