2018 JGP Canada Ladies Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada Ladies Short Program

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
After the SP the door is open for pretty much every girl in the top5. It will depend on who skates clean tomorrow.

And everyone going to the bed while here it’s still 6pm. :laugh:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'd never seen Hannah Dawson before (she really looks like Nancy from Stranger Things). She's the second Canadian lady to get a 3-3 combination landed so far in the JGP.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
So, Anna received -4 from Chinese judge for her last spin while all other marks are in (+3,+5) range.:confused2:

Maybe a mistake from the judge and it was supposed to be a +4.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
After the SP the door is open for pretty much every girl in the top5. It will depend on who skates clean tomorrow.

And everyone going to the bed while here it’s still 6pm. :laugh:

Now all the European members here can see how we feel in North America most of the season!

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I was so concerned about Anna and her score that I missed Jihun being in 3rd! :yahoo: I went back and watched and even with < triple toe she is such a passionate performer. I really look forward to how she develops. I hope she can get those huge jumps a little bit more under control.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I wish I could take a break from school just to watch figure skating, I had to sleep knowing Young and Jihun was going to compete. Shame mom will kill me if I do that :biggrin: Just catched up, and whoo Jihun, even with that underrotation she was great!! She's such a firery performer, be like that in the FS too Jihun :cheer:

I was surprised by Young's step-out, she did have a history of underrotation on her 3T, but I honestly didn't expect her to stumble like that. Still, lovely 2A with great distance, and her performance just keeps on getting better and better :luv17: Praying she'll do better (and hopefully land her 3A) in her free :pray:

On a similar note, ouch, Anna S had a nasty fall. Major props for her getting up and continuing the performance like nothing happened. Does make me wonder whether she'll drop her quad lutz again though.

I liked Anastasia T, she did look very nervous and doubled her combination, but nice skate overall with a pretty dress. Wonder what she'll bring for her FS :)

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
It broke my heart to see Anna falling, the long flight and different time zone might have affected her. I've read some comments about her musicality and I totally agree with them..even immediately after her fall, when she was a little out of sync, she recovered very quickly and it did not seem rushed or anything, she just feels the music and instinctively synchronizes her moves with it. Also she kept her smile, and the performance was as beautiful as ever, she is really a pro :biggrin:

kalee

On the Ice
Nastya looks more mature but sad to see that she didn't have her usual exuberance and energy :sad4:
Hope that Imagine Dragons will be a more suitable programme for her personality -- also presumably she had been focused more on executing the elements hence the lack of expression / performance in the short, hoping that her performance quality will come back during the course of the season...