2018 JGP Linz Mens Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Linz Mens Short Program

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thx for the results post and results link post:thumbsup:

Looks like a brewing battle between Conrad, Camden and Koshiro, five points apart:drama:
I don’t know anything about Koshiro. What quads, if any, does he have?

Not that quads are everything, but they certainly help. I know Camden and Conrad will both be attempting a few.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Beats me, but he has Stephane as a choreographer or coach? Not sure without checking :luv17:

Why I love junior men so much. Quads are only good if you land them ;)

ETA: Either my computer did not show your whole post or I read too fast, did not mean to selectively quote.:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Beats me, but he has Stephane as a choreographer or coach? Not sure without checking :luv17:

Why I love junior men so much. Quads are only good if you land them ;)

ETA: Either my computer did not show your whole post or I read too fast, did not mean to selectively quote.:)

Let's make a legit merch of that. Together with 'status: warhorse overdose' and 'don't disturb, I am searching for FS stream' :laugh:

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Seems like the judges are being much more conservative here than in Bratislava. Still, I'm surprised Luc didn't get higher GOEs on his jumps other than the 2A looking a little off.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Koshiro has Stéphane as Coach and Choreographer 😍
Camdens program was also choreographed by him, imo the two nicest programs of the night (as far as we could see)

Koshiro has tried 4T in practice not sure if he will risk it tomorrow...

saphire

On the Ice
Roman's 3A had questionable scores and that was one that was not on livestream, +3 and rest were -1 and -2 and ur

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker

Not that quads are everything, but they certainly help. I know Camden and Conrad will both be attempting a few.

Koshiro has been practicing the 4S and 4T since a couple of seasons ago, before his injury. However, I don't believe he's currently landing either of the jumps consistent enough for him to include in his FS just yet.
During summer training camps, there was a lot of emphasis placed on teaching the Japanese skaters the new rules and the importance of executing quality elements.
All of the Japanese Juniors will compete for the podium skating as clean as possible, while heavily showcasing their strengths, which in Koshiro's case is presentation.
Hopefully he's able to deliver another nicely done 3A and a 3A-3T in the FS.
The only Japanese Junior Man who MAY attempt a quad at a JGP event this season is Sena Miyake since he usually depends on a strong tech score for good results.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
It looks like an old silent movie, only the colours are a bit odd in this context. Still, Conrad skating was beautiful. I hope they correct the glitch for tomorrow.

synteis

Medalist
Man, Conrad looked incredible in the SP. Like Ted said, a different skater than last year. He seemed so purposeful and his program looks so put together for this early in the season. There were little details of the music that he captured with his moments and his jumps looked so put together and calm. What a masterful first program from him for this GP season.

synteis

Medalist
Looking at the protocols, not a single StSq4 was handed out! I'm super pumped if this trend keeps up at the higher levels, getting your levels on your spins and step sequences should be a challenge and a source of point differential imo.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I've just watched Conrad Orzel, and wow, he was truly great. I knew he was an expressive skater, but now he's more refined and composed as well. Great jumps as well.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

This shows that a pop song with lyrics can work wonder, if matched right and with the right choreographical approach.
Conrad seems like a totally new skater this season, so much more purpose in his stride, a lot of expression put into performance and efforts to make it look solid, but also to feel it soundly. I have major Joshua Farris 'Give Me Love' SP vibe - this simplistic yet sensible aesthetic of a program, with minimal cuts, a lot of flow and this attempt to capture the emotion of the piece and give it through movement. Loved his reaction in K'n'C.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Catching up.... the diversity of this competition makes it really fun to watch. So many great performances and personalities. Looking forward to the free skate.

Koshiro stood out for me. Just WOW!