2018 JGP Yerevan Mens Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Yerevan Mens Short Program

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I only saw doubles throughout Edvard's performance. How appropriate for an Armenian skater to use a piece of music entitled "Ararat."

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Edvard looks so happy just to be competing in front of his hometown crowd. :)

- - - Updated - - -

26.46 for Edvard.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Petr Gumennik, RUS, 30 (1st/1st 439.29)
Camden Pulkinen, USA 28 (1st/2nd; 436.40)
Tomoki Hiwatashi USA, 26 (2nd/2nd 428.24)
Andrew Torgashev, USA 24 (1st/4th, 396.38)
Koshio Shimada JPN, 24 (2nd/3rd 433.4)
Stephen Gogolev 22 (1st/5th, 414.30)
---
Kirill Iakovelev, RUS, 22 (2nd/4th)
Mitsuki Sumoto, JPN, 20 (2rd/5th)
Conrad Orzel, CAN, 18, (4th/4th 413.4)

Based on current standings, assuming they stick:
Andrei Mozalev: 1st/7th
Adam Siao Him Fa; 3rd/3rd (loses tiebreaker to Stephen Gogolev)

Stephen Gogolev would get the final JGPF spot.

Mozalev would need to rise to at least 5th in the standings with a score of 134.46 to edge Stephen out.
Fa would need to move up to 2nd or higher.

Mozalev should make it, considering he has the most challenging free program here, unless he bombs big time again. (just don't pop over and over :pray:)

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Petr Gumennik, RUS, 30 (1st/1st 439.29)
Camden Pulkinen, USA 28 (1st/2nd; 436.40)
Tomoki Hiwatashi USA, 26 (2nd/2nd 428.24)
Andrew Torgashev, USA 24 (1st/4th, 396.38)
Koshio Shimada JPN, 24 (2nd/3rd 433.4)
Stephen Gogolev 22 (1st/5th, 414.30)
---
Kirill Iakovelev, RUS, 22 (2nd/4th)
Mitsuki Sumoto, JPN, 20 (2rd/5th)
Conrad Orzel, CAN, 18, (4th/4th 413.4)

Based on current standings, assuming they stick:
Andrei Mozalev: 1st/7th
Adam Siao Him Fa; 3rd/3rd (loses tiebreaker to Stephen Gogolev)

Stephen Gogolev would get the final JGPF spot.

Mozalev would need to rise to at least 5th in the standings with a score of 134.46 to edge Stephen out.
Fa would need to move up to 2nd or higher.

As I said before: never underestimate the chaos of junior men. :devil:

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Tbh this still isn’t thaaaat bad compared to last years junior worlds. That competition, oh my��

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The protocols are out.

Ivan got an edge call on his Lutz, otherwise his score would have been even better.

Iliya’s 3A got the highest GOE of any element. He also got an edge called on the Lutz, so this technical panel was strict.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, never ever ever count on anything with the junior men. They will surprise you every time.:agree:

Which is why I love them.

Ilya:hap10:

And Adam too, as long as he doesn’t keep Andrew T. out of JGPF.:ddevil:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^I’m pretty sure Andrew is in regardless. So you can cheer for Adam freely!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I just saw the current standings and... what the heck happened???

All the men who had a shot at the Final cracked under the pressure of having a shot at the Final. Adam & Mozalev both have quads and the ability to make up substantial ground in the free. (But, they had the goods to do so today and didn't take advantage of the opportunity). Very kind of the field to try so hard to let Gogolev in.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Not the best quality short by any stretch. Great to see a Ukrainian skater in the lead, I reallly liked his performance. It would be great if he could stay there or on the podium at least but it won’t be easy. I am a fan of Kovler’s skating and he did well hopefully he has a better free than in Canada. I had never seen Sao Him Fa but was impressed.

Very disappointed for both Russian guys. They are not that far back of the lead but they have a lot of work to do. I would kike to see Mozalev in the JGPF. Even though the Aremenian guy did not have the strongest skate he was happy to be there and the crowd clearly enjoyed his performance.

LadyB

Record Breaker
That was an unexpected outcome!!! Good for Ivan. :confused2:
I'm really sorry for Artur, he moves so gracefully on the ice. But he clearly still needs some time for recovery. I really love Edvard, poor darling. He seems such a nice and happy fellow.
I'm between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand, I want Andrei do well, on the other, I totally want Stephen in the JGPFinal to get him his confidence back. Better luck tomorrow, lads.

(I think I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Stephen on this occasion).

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I want Koshiro in, and I like Adam. This is the way it goes; isn't it? You can't generally get everything. I'd like Adam to walk out of this event happy and proud of how he skated. But I want Koshiro in more because he is so musical and has had such a great JGP overall. Mostly I wanted Tomoki at the Final so what happens now is what happens now.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
you can never be bored by junior men :biggrin: one week they are on top, the next not so much and there is always room for surprises.

Kagiyama: this boys is explosive, he get such height on his jumps. he was into the program, but unluckily not totally clean (he didn't pop at least).

Kovler: a didn’t remember him from his previous assignement, but this time he surely made an impression.

Dunk: despite the errors I love his flexibility and musicality, this program was a very good one.

Shmuratko: another guy I didn’d remember :biggrin: so he came as a surprise. He did an excellent job, all his element well done and on point with the music, he deserved here the 1st place.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Even with errors ... I love Andrei MOZALEV Sp... Tomorrow ia another day ... and I think he can medal if he does a clean program