2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies Short Program | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies Short Program

zounger

Medalist
Alina kept her level 4, great!!!

Mariah and Alaine (pity for the jumps) as well. If she keeps it like that, Mariah and Bradie can be a nice surprise duet this season for US. I like their programs and performances so far.

katymay

Medalist
As I said earlier, I think it lacks a bit of cohesion. I agree the elements are nice and she has good transitions but they all felt like separate parts of a skate rather than one skate. I think once she can weave those different parts more seamlessly then I think it will look great. It’s an early season performance.

I do like the dress though!

Agree. It is like I want to ask her to finish some of the elements, and take some of them out. Seems to crammed with movements and rushed. I would rather see 'less' done well. Today she really reminded me of K.Osmond, her power at least, and I wish her program was more like Osmond, just showcasing the power of her jumps, spins and skating and less crammed in extraneous junk.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Mariah Bell did well ... so pleased with this performance. Dress was lovely, jumps secure.. she,seemed happy... I need to check if Adam choreographed this..

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
never said it's not hard tho! i know it is. I just find it weird that you're bringing in evgenia's situation when her poor performance at aci is not something you usually expect from her. Also her coaching situation + injury and everything is why some people were understanding (although i've seen tons of people also dragging her for not delivering so not everybody was as understanding). It is however not unusual for Marin. She has improved a lot during the summer. I saw her practice much more difficult combos in some footage but her issue with nerves isn't something new. That's all i was saying

Well, I'm sorry then that you felt offended by the comparison. It seems like whenever Evgenia is mentioned there seems to be a problem. Evgenia and Marin were the two skaters who made a huge change this season coach wise, to another country so I saw parallels there. Of course they are in a different situation as Evgenia is a two time World Champion and Marin...is not.

leoleo

Medalist
Well, I'm sorry then that you felt offended by the comparison. It seems like whenever Evgenia is mentioned there seems to be a problem. Evgenia and Marin were the two skaters who made a huge change this season coach wise, to another country so I saw parallels there. Of course they are in a different situation as Evgenia is a two time World Champion and Marin...is not.

i was not offended and i was not trying to pick a fight, not at all. Sorry if i seemed to be attacking you :slink: I just found the comparison weird. I hope Marin can overcome her nerves and show us what she's been working on in the FS tomorrow :clap:

SXTN

Final Flight
The GOE on Loena's combo spin are a joke. That was +5, it can't get any better.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
I think the main problem with Alinas music isnt that the cuts are bad (some are actually nice imo) but that there is just to many of them!

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I think the main problem with Alinas music isnt that the cuts are bad (some are actually nice imo) but that there is just to many of them!

And it jumps from cut to cut unexpectedly.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Weinzierl: great first combo! Those were huge jumps! The program itself is lovely, it’s easy be boring with that music, she avoided it. Good job!

Honda: I love her and the program, shame on the mistakes of course, but as for medvedeva I guess, she’s adjusting to a new environement.

Hendrickx: she was on fire! Her program might not be my cup of tea, but she sold it.

Zagitova: she was great, her program gave me headache the first time I listened to it, but now it’s starting growing on me. The costume’s beautiful, probably the best of the day.

p. s.: celine must bring good luck:biggrin:

p. s.2: westworld's becoming a new war horse.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Alina was amazing, yes :yahoo: I could not watch live, so I was very nervous while opening the link with the results.

Yay for Loena and Mariah, nice surprises and two Celine Dions, at least it isn’t Lara Fabian.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Loena was amazing! So happy to see her get such a good score. I feel like that's a good sign for this season across the board.

Fruitpie

On the Ice
I'm so happy for Alina! She was great today. But I'm still nervous for FP. Fingers crossed. For me, it looks like she imroved from the last year so much!
Also Loena! What a great skate! And such a good scores. Happy for her. I like her since europeans, where she had an amazing perfomance in the free.
And of course congrats to Mai and Mariah!
Heartbroken for Marin. ((

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
As I said earlier, I think it lacks a bit of cohesion. I agree the elements are nice and she has good transitions but they all felt like separate parts of a skate rather than one skate. I think once she can weave those different parts more seamlessly then I think it will look great. It’s an early season performance.

I agree with you to some extent that her programme today lacked cohesion. I dont think the problem is how she 'COmposed the programme' today on ice (and that CO mark should be lowered as a product of that), but like you said because she didnt succeed to connect (elements of the) programme with her transitions that good. Probably judges were thinking similar when they didnt award her in TR this time (in the past her TR score was usually on pair with her SS score, or even higher!).

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am glad Alina delivered today, but with her growth, she is more prone to mistakes now, especially in the LP. But I don't she will have a major struggle, because she was a good jumper.

Marin on the other hand is very worrisome. She had some serious struggles with her jumps at the end of last season. Some people saying its because she lost motivation or her coach paid all of her attention to Satako... From her sp here, it seems all of her jumps lack height. She didn't improve but has got worse, unless she is injured or has a flu or something like that, a technical coach may not save her career

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Why? i thought it should be her highest mark based on the elements she puts in and variety of them, as the variety of her body movements/positions and skating in general/steps/turns...

I agree with you to some extent that her programme today lacked cohesion. I dont think the problem is how she 'COmposed the programme' today on ice (and that CO mark should be lowered as a product of that), but like you said because she didnt succeed to connect (elements of the) programme with her transitions that good. Probably judges were thinking similar when they didnt award her in TR this time (in the past her TR score was usually on pair with her SS score, or even higher!).

To clarify my CO comment earlier:

Link
Composition
An intentionally developed and/or original arrangement of all types of movements according to the principles of musical phrase, space, pattern, and structure. In evaluating the Composition, the following must be considered:
• Purpose (idea, concept, vision, mood);
• Pattern / ice coverage;
• Multidimensional use of space and design of movements;
• Phrase and form (movements and parts structured to match the musical phrase);
• Originality of the composition.

Yes, she has variety in her program but CO is not really about that. The lack of cohesion has a lot to do with the jarring music cuts. Being so disjointed, it affects the overall purpose of the program. What is the program trying to get across with dozens of cuts and sound effects? I don't see the concept, the vision, or a general set of moods. It's very chaotic. And in regards to phrase and form, her choreographer is cutting and attaching different pieces together, many cuts just for a few steps or one element. Daniil is essentially trying to restructure the music to match the movements and elements rather than choreographing the routine to the music, if you get what I mean. This is why I think her composition mark should be lower.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Alina did a great job! Such a lot of pressure on her to deliver perfection. Well done.

Thought I would share Hugo's commentary on her costume: "'She needs to look French.' 'Okay, perfect, we'll put her in a nightgown and slap a corset on it.'" [emoji23]

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry, I can't get on the Alina bandwagon. She still has that posture problem: piking forward at the waist. Sooner or later, that habit will adversely affect her jumps.