2018 Nepela Trophy Men's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Nepela Trophy Men's Short Program

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
yes, and that is Dornbush beside him, right :thumbsup:

Happy for Kolyada.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aha! A more traditional costume.

Beautiful skate from Sean. Personally, I think I prefer this to Kolyada's programme.

CaroLiza_fan

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Muse is still cringey for me, but I'm here for his beautiful skating

Same opposite for me.

I love Muse, and they picked one of their best songs: this is probably my favourite SP from him choreography-wise.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, I just love the way that so many Japanese skaters use Irish music. It's just a pity that Gary's dead, because he would be making a fortune out of royalties.

I agree with Keiji going into second, but I think I would have put him closer to Kolyada.

Looking at the standings shown during the Warm-Up, much as I liked Kolyada, I don't think it was worth a 20 point lead. But, the other guys are quite close to each other, which should make for a battle come the FS.

It'll be interesting to see how things stand come the interval.

CaroLiza_fan

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That’s why I love Sean:hap10:

I wish he would be rewarded more, but he brings joy.....

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I enjoyed Samarin's StSq, unexpectedly :eek: In terms of passion and commitment that was improved from last year.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Graham :cheer2:

Well, forget about the jumps, but he was on fire! :agree: I wish he would be rewarded more for interpretation, but without the tech it's not going to happen.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Never heard that music before, but I like it... A LOT! :rock:

Unfortunately, I think it was maybe a bit too big for Graham. Hopefully he will grow into it as the season goes on.

Oh, and I would burn that shirt he is wearing.

CaroLiza_fan

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I wish Sergei's sleeves actually met his wrists. The gloves looks a bit odd with this void of arm in between.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Sergei ran out of room on the combo, and 3A turnout, but the 4T was good. Feels like the opposite of Graham, the skating is too big for the music.

Music is making me sad... :(

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Further to my comment about Newberry's music - I just looked it up and it is a recent (2014) song from Pink Floyd. Didn't realise that they had made a comeback.

Good to see Voronov back again for another season. And he's looking good. Not sure where he will slot in, but I hope he gives the younger skaters in Russia a run for their money this season.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Never heard tell of Albert Mueck before, but pleasantly surprised with what I saw. If he could get a bit more speed in his skating, he could become somebody to keep an eye on.

CaroLiza_fan