3Lina KUDRIAVTSEVA / Ilia SPIRIDONOV
RUS
4Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI
ITA

Entries​

No.NameNation
1Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI
SP: "Vivo Tango" by Maxim Rodriguez
FS: "The Ballad of Bonnie & Clyde" performed by Georgie Fame; "How ‘bout a Dance (feat. Laura Osnes)" by Original Broadway Cast Recording of Bonnie & Clyde; "This World Will Remember Us" (feat. Jeremy Jordan & Laura Osnes)" by Original Broadway Cast Recording; "Youngblood" by 5 Seconds of Summer
ITA
2Lina KUDRIAVTSEVA / Ilia SPIRIDONOV
SP: "Call Out My Name" by The Weeknd; choreo by Sergei Komolov
FS: "Torn" by Nathan Lanier; choreo by Sergei Komolov
RUS
3Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC
SP: "Bella Belle” by the Electric Swing Circus; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
FS: W.E. soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
USA
4Deanna STELLATO / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY
SP: "La Cumparista" by Forever Tango; choreo by Angelika Krylova, Marie-France Dubreuil
FS: “Run to you” & “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston; choreo by Angelika Krylova, Marie-France Dubreuil
USA

Last edited by a moderator:

pearly

Record Breaker
Half the pairs competitions this season do not have enough pairs to qualify for ISU standings points.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That scroll is *sooooo* annoying. Let me see warm ups please:pray:

oly2018

Final Flight
Half of these short programs are to a tango. It is going to be a long, tango filled season.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Ouch at that fall on the throw by Deanna. Side-by-sides looked good though.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, Deanna, too bad about the fall on the throw:sad21:

But they are the *perfect* pair for a tango routine. The maturity, the sass, the black costuming.:clap:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hard fall. :shocked: But the rest was nice. Deanna seems seriously unimpressed.

Nice job from Ashley and Tim too.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I :love: this program from Ashley and Tim.

It really plays to their strengths as performers and those unique moves (like the over-under step, I don't know what else to call it)/. And essentially clean (hands down?)

I love my Deanna and Nate, but Ashley and Tim brought it.:hap10:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Is this The Weeknd? If it is I will apologize for all of Canada for him. Sarahsynchro says we have to apologize for him to non Canadians.

Lamente Ariane

Record Breaker
I kept being afraid that Ghilardi/Ambrosini's program was going to turn into ROOOOOXANNE but it never did, thank goodness.

Lamente Ariane

Record Breaker
Wow, somebody was fast-- I went to Wikipedia to check what the current top pairs score for the season is and someone had already slotted in Tim and Ashley at 4th highest short.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, that was the shortest pair's comp I ever watched.:laugh:

I would have put Deanna and Nate above the Russian pair, who I thought were a bit of snoozefest, but I totally admit I'm biased. (and if Deanna hadn't fallen?)

But I'll say again, everything about that Ashley and Tim short speaks to me. :hap85: I will at least uber them for that SP.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Ashley and Tim were popping! This program is so very much in their aesthetic, playing on their strenghts, showcasing their playfulness, audience (not large though) was eating it out. What I like about this team is that it is something: their strikingly similar height, flexibility, Ashley fairyness versus Tim's dark hair and beard; they sure have the appearance that draws people.

I really like Deanna and Nate (he is so handsome in real life!) with that program, it created a nice, coherent picture, shame about the fall. What I like even more was how Jim was supportive by the boards and that's what I love about seeing competitions live: to see that other point of view, that the performance affects and involves not only skaters.

I think that idea was nice for that SP of Russian pair, but it felt bland and uninspired, a movement through the music. It lacked refinement and maturity for me.

Italian pair was not bad, not good, kind of mediocre in everything.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for the in-person updates @NoNameFace:clap:

Glad to hear that Ashley and Tim came across well in the arena. They sure make it look like they’re having fun:) And I know it’s shallow of me to say, but Nate and Deanna do in fact make a striking pairs team in appearance.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Thank you for the in-person updates @NoNameFace:clap:

Glad to hear that Ashley and Tim came across well in the arena. They sure make it look like they’re having fun:) And I know it’s shallow of me to say, but Nate and Deanna do in fact make a striking pairs team in appearance.

My pleasure :)

And today I met Ashley and Tim in person with their coach, such nice people who were overjoyed for simple flag signing for me, coach made photos of signing, we made a bit of a mess by sharpie on the table, but Tim's greatly smelled AXE did the cleaning:laugh:, I complimented them on SP, they were so happy! And coach gave me US Team pin for 2018/19 season! These little things are making my experience so much more complete:)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I really enjoyed Ashley and Tim's program. It's cute, and they perform it well. :) I like their costumes as well. They have a great presence on the ice with their height (I just checked, and she is 5'6, which is really tall for a woman in singles' skating, let alone pairs' skating!) and flexibility. I also appreciate that they do 3Lo for their SBS jumps. It's a nice change from what most pairs do.