2018 Olympic Games: ISU Predictions Game Round 3 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Games: ISU Predictions Game Round 3

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Ladies Results are IN!!!!

1st of all congratulations to joanne129 for getting PERFECT! score :eek::hap57: its not an easy thing in this field!!

also congratulations to Crossover, Step Sequence4, rosacotton, tosca, SubRosa, Debrah, Roast Toast, corynna, schoolfigures, Poice, Starsfan84, jenaj, Sabrina for correct podiums!! and getting 30 points bonus

and the results *drumrolls*

Gold Medal : joanne129 with 200 points!!!! :yahoo:

Silver Medal : rosacotton, Roast Toast and corynna with 160 points!!! :dance::clap:

Bronze Medal : ]tosca and SubRosa with 150 points!!:dance3:

and to honor Tiny Queen's awesome performances i want to give pewter medal as well :love:(no idea what color :slink:)

Pewter Medal : Crossover, Step Sequence4, schoolfigures, Poice, Starsfan84, jenaj and Sabrina with 140 points!

i will enter rusults to spreadsheet after i catch up so it might take a while:biggrin: as usual please let me know if i made any mistakes :agree:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Following the suit, Ice Dance results:cheer:

Gold Medal : CaroLiza_fan and lovaticcanada with perfect 200 points!!!! :yahoo:

Silver Medal : casualfan, NoNameFace, randomfan and Sabrina with 160 points!!! :dance::clap:

Bronze Medal : Alifyre, alyssamarie, ines42575, MSLiinaLii, Shandy, Sherlock Marple and surimi with 150 points!!:party2::cool14:

and after wonderful matmuh, here is Pewter (feeling festive):

Pewter Medal : Crossover and Osmond4gold with 140 points:cheer:

Some general notes regarding scoring – the most common numbers were 100 and 110 points due to:

- mostly missing 5th place (usually by putting there Chock/Bates), but having 3rd and 4th correct, with switched 1st and 2nd places;
- having either switch between 3rd and 4th or 1st and 2nd places and having some points for 5th (usually WeaPo)
- having two switches as above (between 1st to 4th places) AND correctly putting Bobrova/Soloviev on 5th place
- having predicted all 5 teams inside top 5, but with switched order, without correct podium

18 people have predicted Bobrova/Soloviev correctly on 5th place, round of applause for: Antyv, baymax24, CaroLiza_fan, desertskates, HollyRose, Hyena, ice dance, kimganos, La Adrilla, lovaticcanada, Nika09, Paihia, Roast Toast, silverfoxes, skategrl3, SnowWhite, sunystars and Winry!!!

14 people have predicted podium correctly, another cheer for: Alifyre, alyssamarie, CaroLiza_fan, casualfan, ines42575, lovaticcanada, MSLiinaLii, NoNameFace, Osmond4gold, randomfan, Sabrina, Shandy, Sherlock Marple and surimi !!!

Scores will be input during the upcoming weekend to the spreadsheet, please let me know if there will be any issue with scoring.

NoNameFace

Weathergal

Medalist
There is one perfect I noticed while doing ID (user Pandicorn), maybe there is more of that:) :)

Yes, Pandicorn and Randomfan have perfect guesses - amazing! I just finished doing the totals; I'm adding them to the scoresheet and writing up the summary now.

Weathergal

Medalist
Men’s Results

GOLD with a perfect 200 points: Pandicorn, randomfan

SILVER with 160 points: Baron Vladimir

BRONZE with 130 points: bobbob, corynna

And following matmuh’s and NoNameFace’s lead, here are the pewter medalists:

PEWTER with 110 points: Debrah, HollyRose, icekiwi, kimganos, Kittosuni, kresslia, LaArdilla, MelDee, rccr25, sakurano, schizoanalyst, Shandy, Step Sequence4, sunnystars

Congratulations to all the medalists! :clap: Special mention to Pandicorn and randomfan for predicting the top five places perfectly! :bow: Also great job to Baron Vladimir, who predicted the podium correctly and just had fourth and fifth places switched! :hap10:

The majority of people had the correct skaters in the top five – the tricky part, of course, was getting them in the right places. The most common wrong prediction was having Nathan Chen in first instead of Yuzuru Hanyu. Quite a few people had Shoma Uno correct in second place and Boyang Jin correct in fourth place. Some guessers had Javier Fernandez correct in third place, but many people had him in fifth place.

Don’t forget Junior Worlds are coming up soon (March 5-11) followed by Senior Worlds (March 19-25). Happy predicting! :dance:

I’ve added the scores to the spreadsheet. If you have any corrections, please let me know.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Yey, i got a medal finally :yahoo: i must say im very proud with how my predictions went cause i guessed right top 5 in 3 disciplines (not in the right order tho), just in ladies i put Kaori instead of Satoko in top 5. But to be fair - there were no big surprises at this Olympics, all the favorites delivered (more or less) :clap:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was just going through the thread to check if anybody had missed putting their Team Predictions into the dedicated thread (there were 2 players), and then I saw this:

Following the suit, Ice Dance results:cheer:

Gold Medal : CaroLiza_fan and lovaticcanada with perfect 200 points!!!! :yahoo:

18 people have predicted Bobrova/Soloviev correctly on 5th place, round of applause for: Antyv, baymax24, CaroLiza_fan, desertskates, HollyRose, Hyena, ice dance, kimganos, La Adrilla, lovaticcanada, Nika09, Paihia, Roast Toast, silverfoxes, skategrl3, SnowWhite, sunystars and Winry!!!

14 people have predicted podium correctly, another cheer for: Alifyre, alyssamarie, CaroLiza_fan, casualfan, ines42575, lovaticcanada, MSLiinaLii, NoNameFace, Osmond4gold, randomfan, Sabrina, Shandy, Sherlock Marple and surimi !!!

Scores will be input during the upcoming weekend to the spreadsheet, please let me know if there will be any issue with scoring.

NoNameFace

Ya, what???!!! I got a PERFECT SCORE???!!!

:jaw:

Unfortunately, I forgot to set the timer for the Short Dance, and because of certain events, Eurosport didn't archive it. :disapp:

I haven't checked yet if the BBC has the Short Dance archived, but I know I won't have time to watch it today because I have the Men's FS and Gala from 4 Continents to watch before tonight. But the BBC keeps things up for 30 days, so there's not a rush.

But, I'm actually going to watch the Free Dance this evening (I know, I don't like watching things out of sequence, but needs must). So, now that I know I've got it right, it's a good job that I don't remember the exact positions I put! :laugh:

Congratulations to lovaticcanada for having good taste ;), and to everybody else as well for taking part.

The Game would not be possible without you.

I haven't got the Team Event scores put up yet, but there are 7 players that got a perfect score there.

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I was just going through the thread to check if anybody had missed putting their Team Predictions into the dedicated thread (there were 2 players), and then I saw this:

Ya, what???!!! I got a PERFECT SCORE???!!!

:jaw:

Unfortunately, I forgot to set the timer for the Short Dance, and because of certain events, Eurosport didn't archive it. :disapp:

I haven't checked yet if the BBC has the Short Dance archived, but I know I won't have time to watch it today because I have the Men's FS and Gala from 4 Continents to watch before tonight. But the BBC keeps things up for 30 days, so there's not a rush.

But, I'm actually going to watch the Free Dance this evening (I know, I don't like watching things out of sequence, but needs must). So, now that I know I've got it right, it's a good job that I don't remember the exact positions I put! :laugh:

Congratulations to lovaticcanada for having good taste ;), and to everybody else as well for taking part.

The Game would not be possible without you.

I haven't got the Team Event scores put up yet, but there are 7 players that got a perfect score there.

CaroLiza_fan

yes You did:points:, congratulations directly!!! Counting on Virtue/Moir and Shibutanis going above their 'main' competitors for gold and bronze was very important, but putting right couple in 5th place made difference. And You and lovaticcanada had it all, simple as it sounds;).