2018 Olympic Medal Standings | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Medal Standings

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It is interesting in the run for national pride, country against country the medal hunt has some interesting notes. The prestige of a sport and the marketability of its athletes depends on geography. Norway and Germany for example and in particular Norway favored to win m ost medals tends to win in sports that are not particularly held in high esteem in North American. So if you are North American centric then hockey and figure skating are huge and maybe some of the xsports or youth marketed events.

Norway is looking good right now. Canada is struggling in curling where they were expected to do well, USA looks to do well in the medal count with a few surprises both good and bad.

Who would think the first drug scandal this games is in curling of all sports. We will to hear allthe deals.

It is interesting how several medallists have gone home but will come back for the closing - I assume that is because there is some financial gain for them because unless you are near Korea it is tiring to fly for even 5 hours and then fly back. I hear Javier is flying home and I thik Uno who is closer but still.

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
The medal that I am most proud of for Canada so far has been in speedskating. Our long track gold medal. See a lot of people trying to discredit as the athlete is originally from the Netherlands, but that doesn’t matter to me he’s proudly competing for Canada