2018 Tallinn Trophy Men's Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Tallinn Trophy Men's Free Skate

s_parks

Record Breaker
Good for Kovtun, especially after a season off.
PCS seems a bit generous in this competition all around.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Scratch 'a bit', the PCS in this comp is definitely generous.

Yes, i think judges are generally overscoring mens field in components (in FP)! It doesn't help that factoring of components in mens field is higher so points components can bring in free program now seem too high. I mean in this field only Kovtun (with a fall) and Hayrapetyan had better TES than PCS :drama:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yes, i think judges are generally overscoring mens field in components! It doesn't help that factoring of components in mens field is higher so points components can bring in free program now seem too high. I mean in this field only Kovtun and Hayrapetyan had better TES than PCS :drama:

The ladies had higher components than what they would've gotten in GP/JGPs too. I'll be interested to see how everyone scores at the ISU championship events.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
The ladies had higher components than what they would've gotten in GP/JGPs too. I'll be interested to see how everyone scores at the ISU championship events.

Components in Senior competition are generally a little bit higher (comparing to Juniors competition)... But i don't see why ladies shouldn't get high PCS (except maybe in SS). Comparing to theirs program, mens free programs now (when they are shorter) look more like skating from element to element, with less room for choreography, transition and interpretation... Or ISU can just change the factoring of components a little bit (for mens free from 2.0 to 1.8 for example).

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
How did our Galay do, please? My computer does not accept the results page as a safe one and does not allow me to read it, LOL...
Anyone else having same problems?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
He finished 16th with 167.18 (7th in short, 18th in free)
Lots of doubled jumps I think

rachno2

Record Breaker
I liked Kovtun's short, found his free kind of empty and boring (but then I'm hopelessly biased). Good for him making a successful comeback to international competition, though. It can't be easy dealing with TAT :laugh:

Slavik was the highlight for me :yes: Rise, Caucasus nations!