2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Women Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Women Short Program

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Considering everything I'm totally ok with her keeping a program, but wish she changed the music no the one with no vocals/different vocals. Not this.

I feel like I'm developing Stockholm Syndrome with these vocals. I hated them at first but now I don't exactly love them but I wouldn't testify against them in open court.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Just caught up. Alison was the highlight for me :) really happy for Gabby, too.......tentative, but all things considered she was fierce. Performance-wise, Larkyn is a breath of fresh air, although the tech and skating skills aren’t there. Still, she will likely make the world team (I also love her hair!)

Alaine wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but I’m still sad for her :( Hopefully she can have another Skate America moment in the free!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Catching up on the SP videos in between Senior Men. Can I just say:

:love: :love: :love:

GABBY!!!!!

:love: :love: :love:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

One woman screaming cheer section for Gabby is BACK IN BUSINESS.

She was definitely nervous, but she held it together. Hope that was the steadying reintroduction to competition that she needed. I'll always be in her corner.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Alaine Chartrand: she had to mess up :palmf: hopefully she’ll bounce back in the free

Larkyn Austman: fierce performance, probably the best I’ve ever seen from her

Gabrielle Daleman: far from perfect, but all things considered this was a great victory. Still I can’t forgive her music

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It was so good to see Gabby on the ice. She seemed nervous and everything was a struggle though. But she got the job done and a lead. She seems a bit heavier but she did well inthe short. The issue will be the long and her endurance. She will need to polish and get the amplitude up the 3T 3T wasn't as zippy or cleanas in the past. in fact all her jumps were somewhat labored. Hopefully the short got out the kinks and nerves. The rest of the ladies are kind of blah but kudos for Larkyn for really trying. Looks like the battle is the third spot. Alaine did not impress me at all. Here it is a y ear l ater after the disaster last year. I just thought she would bring it and be more fierece and hungry. She has had the taste of beating the world champ and world bronze medallist - she must feel mtivated to regain her status as Canada's no. 1 or at least solidly make the eam. She is still in the battle with her just being less than 1.5 pts away form the podium. I am a bit nervous for Gabby though in the free - it is longer and is she ready - here's hoping.