2019 Worlds Practice Reports and Live Reports | Golden Skate

2019 Worlds Practice Reports and Live Reports

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Practices have begun. Anyone willing to update us? :hap85:

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I’ve been relying on Jackie Wong’s tweets and here are the small notes for the skaters:

Rika Kihira - hit like 4/5 of the 3As she did, only popped one. SP runthru was clean with a 3A, but had a step out on the 3Lz. Her 3Lz wasn’t working that great today for her. Otherwise, great practice for her.

Kaori Sakamoto - had a good practice. Her 3Lz entry is shorter and now enters the jump on an outside edge (yay). Had an okay run through, doubled the flip on her opening combo, but still did the 3T, and fell on the 3S. Otherwise, very well done!

Satoko Miyahara - Satoko was amazing as well, only about 2 unders in practice today. Her run through was clean and I hope she does well in competition.

Elizabet Tursynbaeva - very productive practice for her. Nice SP run through and managed to land a clean 4S. Fell on the other three attempts but all were clean.

Bradie Tennell - changed the 3Lz+3Lo to the 3Lz+3T. Did well, except fell on her last two jumps of her FS runthrough.

Still don’t know if Alina is here yet, but I do know Sofia is here. Don’t know about Evgenia as well.

Next group has Korea’s Eunsoo Lim and the group after has the Russian ladies. Yuzuru Hanyu is not here as well.

Sorry! My focus is more on the ladies, so I don’t know much about how the other practices went except that Nathan Chen was amazing today and a few other skaters have not arrived yet. Sui/Han looked amazing per usual. The North Korean pair makes their season debut. (I think?)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Alina Zagitova is absent. Only Evgenia Medvedeva and Sofia Samodurova are at practice.

:thank:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Alina has missed some practices before. Perhaps it was last year's Worlds that she skipped some sessions? :think:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
The Twitter hashtag for this competition is #WorldFigure. Jackie Wong is compiling practice notes here:

https://www.rockerskating.com/news/2019/3/17/2019-world-championships-practice-notes

It looks like both Alina and Evgenia had clean runthroughs; Gabby and Alaine seem to be struggling; Jason did a clean SP run through but was unsuccessful with 4S, Nathan is struggling a bit with his quads. Considering most skaters just arrived within the past day, the fact that there were some rough practices isn’t surprising.

Fluture

Record Breaker
These doesn't work for me :/ what might be the problem?

They don‘t work for me either. I used google to translate what‘s being written on the picture and it says the videos can‘t be viewed outside of Japan.

StephenGfan

Final Flight
The Twitter hashtag for this competition is #WorldFigure. Jackie Wong is compiling practice notes here:

https://www.rockerskating.com/news/2019/3/17/2019-world-championships-practice-notes

It looks like both Alina and Evgenia had clean runthroughs; Gabby and Alaine seem to be struggling; Jason did a clean SP run through but was unsuccessful with 4S, Nathan is struggling a bit with his quads. Considering most skaters just arrived within the past day, the fact that there were some rough practices isn’t surprising.

No surprise there.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Aurora's put the 3T-3T back in her program now, and seems like it was going well in practice.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Aurora's put the 3T-3T back in her program now, and seems like it was going well in practice.

oh my the Canadians. This does not sound very promising if the hope is Aurora and the two veterans are really struggling. If they go down to one spot it will be sad if Gabby regains her strength and confidence and Kaetlyn comes back - only one can go.

denise3lz

On the Ice
Country
Japan
They don‘t work for me either. I used google to translate what‘s being written on the picture and it says the videos can‘t be viewed outside of Japan.

Awww, I thought it can be geo-blocked at some part of earth, but didn't expect this stingy.

lady_bee

Medalist
I've watched ladies' practice, only last group. I don't have time & knowledge to post details, but I just want to say about my favorite, Kaori. Watching her program from spirals to end without music over & over is something worth to pay:love:.
It reminds me a bird(not a small one but a big one like a sea bird or condor), flying high in the sky.

lady_bee

Medalist
Someone asked me about Alina.She looked good. she did'nt miss any jumps and had very smooth skating. Sorry for a short comment,.since i am watching RD now..

Caustica

Final Flight
Finally got to watch a practice for the first time this competition - last group of ladies, because they opened the doors just in time to see them practice. It's the first time for me that an all-event ticket hasn't included practices, and I didn't buy any extra tickets due to, er, forgetting (and of course, it's not possible to buy them on the day 😅).

Actually, when I arrived in the arena the second-to-last group were still skating, but just about to leave. Rika was so late in leaving that the last group had already entered the rink before she started taking her bows!

Evgenia was the first to skate, but she didn't do much of her programme. 3S3Lo was successful, but not very big. Actually, she left really soon into the practice, maybe about halfway through. Hope everything is okay.

Then it was Mariah. To be honest I didn't pay much attention to her, but it seemed that she was struggling. Had at least one fall.

Then Eunsoo with that ill-fitting programme. She looks to be in good condition though - I didn't notice any unsuccessful jumps. She has a very nice, light jumping technique.

Then Kaori. The practice itself went pretty well, but what impressed me most about Kaori was how hard she was practising. She kept jumping and jumping and even after all the other skaters had left the ice she was still jumping and hadn't started cooling down! I hope she didn't tire herself out too much. She looks to be in good condition.

Then Alina. All jumps successful, but she really doesn't have much flow - the overall impression is one of... struggle and fight? I wish her the best with this programme that has caused so much trouble this season. Still, I think on the whole the practice went well - she landed multiple 3Lz3T and 3Lz3Lo successfully.

Finally Elizabet. I didn't see any clean 4S from her, but it's possible I could have missed something. During her runthrough she popped it. My biggest impression is that she spent a LOT of time practising the lutz - I barely saw her try any other jumps. She really skates her programme with a nice airy quality though, very light.

Super nervous/excited for this evening!