2020 Cup of China: Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 Cup of China: Rhythm Dance

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow, he is...very tall.

190cm (6ft 2in), compared to Shiyue who is 163cm (5ft 4in).

As Simon said, "Really impressive".

The only thing that I could possibly complain about is Shiyue's white boots. They did not go with her black suit at all. Black boots would have looked better.

They will lead by miles!

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooo an interesting little ad there.

Did I see Jin of Peng/Jin fame in it? 😊

rain

Record Breaker
I enjoyed this the most of all the disciplines here. Wang/Liu were great, and I also enjoyed the second and third place teams a lot as well. I found some of the music selections refreshing, like Mary Poppins.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Better late than never:

Lin/Gao

Finn Step…Man, you could drive a small truck between them. And it was slow. Funny but not surprising that the more TPTB de-emphasize the patterns, the sloppier they are getting, especially with steps that are done in-hold. But then their twizzles were quite good, with great distance and unison. The MLSS was very basic (and if you’re going to use tap music, why not incorporate tap movement???) as was the rotational lift. They’re newbies and it shows. What they do have is a sparkle to their performance, which is engaging. They perform.

Guo/Zhao

Flip entrance to the twizzles, but no interconnecting steps between any of the sets. I’d ding them for that. The Finn Step was rushed and off the beat, with no transition to the partial step. But that was a big improvement over the Finn Step – they’ve upped their polish and maturity. Nicely musical SL lift (always a plus for me). The MLSS was good but again, not particularly distinctive. They’re getting mediocre levels for a reason. Nice product placement in the KnC: gotta pay for that bread and butter!

Ning/Wang

Nicely musical SL lift to start. And right into the best Finn Step so far, even though it was off the beat. Level 1, which I can see, but at least it was animated and had speed. Same with the partial step and the twizzles – best in show so far. And a final MLSS that was a cut above serviceable. She is totally in character. He could work on that more. Still, I enjoyed that. It had real charm.

Chen/Sun

Leap entrance into twizzles and they were definitely overscored on them. The DiagSS was much better – you can see their experience and maturity here. They won the Finn Step battle so far and with a lovely transition into the partial step seq. They do need to work on their frame: they drop it consistently throughout. Good SL lift that I’m getting a bit tired of seeing. Technically the best so far, but the program is bland and unmemorable.

Wang/Liu

Well it’s Chaplin again. Look, I’m not a particular fan of Chaplin programs, having seen about 32478892743 of them in my lifetime. But this is definitely one of the better ones and a very good fit for them. Straighten out that bowtie Ms Wang: every detail counts if you want to break into the top tier. Not much else to say: they’re obviously the cream of the Chinese crop. AND they hit their keypoints. Well done.

The home cooking was a bit more egregious here. And they could be more adventurous with their music choices and, with the exception of Wang/Liu, their choreography. Just saying...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Better late than never:

Lin/Gao

Finn Step…Man, you could drive a small truck between them. And it was slow. Funny but not surprising that the more TPTB de-emphasize the patterns, the sloppier they are getting, especially with steps that are done in-hold. But then their twizzles were quite good, with great distance and unison. The MLSS was very basic (and if you’re going to use tap music, why not incorporate tap movement???) as was the rotational lift. They’re newbies and it shows. What they do have is a sparkle to their performance, which is engaging. They perform.

Guo/Zhao

Flip entrance to the twizzles, but no interconnecting steps between any of the sets. I’d ding them for that. The Finn Step was rushed and off the beat, with no transition to the partial step. But that was a big improvement over the Finn Step – they’ve upped their polish and maturity. Nicely musical SL lift (always a plus for me). The MLSS was good but again, not particularly distinctive. They’re getting mediocre levels for a reason. Nice product placement in the KnC: gotta pay for that bread and butter!

Ning/Wang

Nicely musical SL lift to start. And right into the best Finn Step so far, even though it was off the beat. Level 1, which I can see, but at least it was animated and had speed. Same with the partial step and the twizzles – best in show so far. And a final MLSS that was a cut above serviceable. She is totally in character. He could work on that more. Still, I enjoyed that. It had real charm.

Chen/Sun

Leap entrance into twizzles and they were definitely overscored on them. The DiagSS was much better – you can see their experience and maturity here. They won the Finn Step battle so far and with a lovely transition into the partial step seq. They do need to work on their frame: they drop it consistently throughout. Good SL lift that I’m getting a bit tired of seeing. Technically the best so far, but the program is bland and unmemorable.

Wang/Liu

Well it’s Chaplin again. Look, I’m not a particular fan of Chaplin programs, having seen about 32478892743 of them in my lifetime. But this is definitely one of the better ones and a very good fit for them. Straighten out that bowtie Ms Wang: every detail counts if you want to break into the top tier. Not much else to say: they’re obviously the cream of the Chinese crop. AND they hit their keypoints. Well done.

The home cooking was a bit more egregious here. And they could be more adventurous with their music choices and, with the exception of Wang/Liu, their choreography. Just saying...
OK, WeakAnkles, I know nothing about ice dance except to enjoy the performance. I watch Charlie and Meryl do the Finn step on Youtube and I am not seeing that with all these skaters....are some do other Rythyms? Also, is this pic Wanqi Ning?a chinese small.JPG

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Marlie grew up with having to do compulsory dances every single competition. You can really tell the difference now that TPTB keep chopping those patterns into tinier and tinier parts of the RD. So it's not surprising that the quality of those required rhythms continues to deteriorate.

Sorry, I'm terrible with skaters names, but perhaps someone can identify her for you.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Marlie grew up with having to do compulsory dances every single competition. You can really tell the difference now that TPTB keep chopping those patterns into tinier and tinier parts of the RD. So it's not surprising that the quality of those required rhythms continues to deteriorate.

Sorry, I'm terrible with skaters names, but perhaps someone can identify her for you.
Doris thinks its Yanqi also and the more I look at it, the more I am sure. I took that shot at Four Conts Anaheim. Doris also explained that the pattern has been chopped so no fancy steps...... Doris knows everything!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Doris thinks its Yanqi also and the more I look at it, the more I am sure. I took that shot at Four Conts Anaheim. Doris also explained that the pattern has been chopped so no fancy steps...... Doris knows everything!
Most of what I know about ID has come from listening to Doris, who is the epitome of A Good Egg.