2023 Cup of China Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Pairs Free Skate

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Is 1st+4th enough to make the GPF? :(
usually? with their win they will beat out most other teams on the tiebreak, but if chaos happens they could miss out. the open field at NHK will throw things off. I'll try to crunch some numbers after this event and we'll see, but I think it's quite likely they'll make it in.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This was not what Annika/Robert desired. But at least lifts were seamless and their pace of skating was very good. That fall after a single axel landed rep from Annika was a hot mess. She'd actually do better points wise for her team had she just skated through this element with that mandatory deduction.

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Cheng PENG / Lei WANG 🇨🇳
The Sorcerers Apprentice

3T+COMBO+2T (Lei falls on 3T)
3Tw2 (crashy catch)
3LoTh (Cheng Peng hangs on because she is amazing)
2S
PCoSp4 (spiral entry :eek:)
5RLi4
3STh (CHENG PENG HOW DID SHE HOLD ON TO THAT)
5ALi4
3Li3 (bit shaky)
ChSq1 +1.00
BoDs3

FS: 115.15 (1st)
TOT: 178.06 (1st)

The way I gasped when I heard what they were skating to... ugh such a good program idea. The opening two elements were messy but SO MUCH POTENTIAL HERE. But I also think I may be suffering from Cheng Peng Blindness incurred by her awesomeness.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Peng/Wang have an unorthodox FS :) TV commentators here acknowledged that and both women commentating this event remarked that they enjoyed them a lot. They also continue being far more impressed with Chinese ladies in Pairs then men. 😁 I guess they're not lonely in that.

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI 🇮🇹
Bram Stoker's Dracula, Blood for Dracula

3Tw4
3S< (Rebecca falls)
2A+2A+1A+SEQ
5RLi4
BiDs3
ChSq1 +1.25
3LzTh (hands down, forwards)
3LoTh (holds on, forwards)
3Li4 (the exit is actually insane)
5ALi4 (the exit is actually insane)
PCoSp4

FS: 124.67 (1st)
TOT: 191.00 (1st)

...once again Rebecca looks amazing. If they ever get tired of pairs skating, they can always go into ice dance, the performance is just next-level. Those last two lifts are also dreamy, and the finish position :dbana:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
That 5 axel lasso lift from the Italians was stunning. They make up some lost ground in solo jumps here.

And this Dracula program is really cool to watch, maybe my favourite program in Pairs this season.

Italy has now two very good Pairs, awesome for Italians. :D
three. Beccari/Guarise are developing well and they're promising, well Matteo was already a top pair skater

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
three. Beccari/Guarise are developing well and they're promising, well Matteo was already a top pair skater

I don't find Beccari/Guarise great yet. And while they're developing nicely I struggle to root for them, I'm sorry. They seem to be good people and obviously have some impressive skills (much less so though in the 2nd mark so far) so I respect them but I am not into teams with such huge age discrepancies. 😬

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPS 🇨🇦
Interview With The Vampire

3Tw4
3T+1A+2A+SEQ (Deanna forwards on 2A, but hangs on)
3S (Maxime steps out)
5ALi4
FoDs3
PCoSp4
3STh (2-footed, stepout)
5RLi4
ChSq1 +1.10
3LoTh (hand, forwards)
3LiB (missed change of feature)

FS: 131.09 (1st)
TOT: 201.48 (1st)

This program is so brilliantly constructed. They get the SBS jumps out of the way, have the "boring" elements in the middle on a music change, then finish with the throws and lifts, their strongest elements, but today the building of the program backfired. It kind of sputtered out :(