2020 Skate America Entries | Golden Skate

2020 Skate America Entries

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
For the last few seasons I've been doing the PBPs for my favorite ice skating discipline. I've certainly enjoyed doing them, and I hope you've been entertained by them as well. Unfortunately, my Mom, who I've been taking care of along with my sister, has progressed into late stage Parkinson's so it's highly unlikely I will be able to continue the PBP for the foreseeable future. If I can, then I will, even if my participation will be limited to more general comments.

And if you could say a prayer for her, I would be very grateful. Her name is Marie and she's one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet (and I'd say that even if she wasn't my mom -- she has that Irish charm in spades [Up Mayo!]). And I will be happy to pray that NONE of your elderly relatives ever has to go into a nursing home/rehab center, because they are living hells. Trust me.

Thank you!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For the last few seasons I've been doing the PBPs for my favorite ice skating discipline. I've certainly enjoyed doing them, and I hope you've been entertained by them as well. Unfortunately, my Mom, who I've been taking care of along with my sister, has progressed into late stage Parkinson's so it's highly unlikely I will be able to continue the PBP for the foreseeable future. If I can, then I will, even if my participation will be limited to more general comments.

And if you could say a prayer for her, I would be very grateful. Her name is Marie and she's one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet (and I'd say that even if she wasn't my mom -- she has that Irish charm in spades [Up Mayo!]). And I will be happy to pray that NONE of your elderly relatives ever has to go into a nursing home/rehab center, because they are living hells. Trust me.

Thank you!

We'll miss your words of wisdom, but your mother needs you more than we do. You only get one mammy, so do all you can to hold onto her.

We are thinking of you, and all of your family.

Marie, here's a little something to remind you of home:

ie-mayo.gif

Best wishes from up the road in Tyrone.

CaroLiza_fan