2022-23 Japan National Championship - where to watch | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Japan National Championship - where to watch

hop456

Rinkside
TVer or MujiTV didnt work for you?
With TVer I could access the list of programmes but couldn’t play any videos because it said the app was not available in my region (even though connected via VPN). I don’t know if I’ve done something wrong? I’m on an IPAD so I don’t know if that makes a difference.

on muji tv, the payment link looked quite dodgy so I didn’t try the subscription for that one.

I have Tried to do the Kaeri TV 3 day trial but I haven’t received an account link yet.

I haven’t tried a Fuji On demand subscription as I couldnt See on there how to play the videos either.

Thanks so much for your help on this

ostile17

Rinkside
Thank you so much, guys. I downloaded Proton VPN Free and in a few hours I will be able to watch the RD!
THANK YOU ALL!!!!

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan

Fuji TV's YouTube channel will live stream women's SP's kiss & cry. I would watch women's SP on the Russian website posted earlier.

Last edited:

streams4dreams

On the Ice
A few options to watch Japanese Nationals
Fuji TV Figure Skating Championship info page (includes broadcast information as well as competitor bios)

FOD (Fuji On Demand)
Will be livestreaming the entire competition, including Medalist On Ice (Gala)
FOD National Championships livestream page
Subscription (976 yen per month), vpn needed if viewing outside of Japan
Current promotion with a new subscription~
200 yen for the first month, 976 yen from the second month on, cancel anytime
You can purchase a subscription here (link towards bottom of the page)
Note about the FOD livestream
Unless changes are made, the FOD Nationals stream will likely look different from the other Fuji broadcasts
The events streamed on FOD are usually very basic
What you will probably not get with FOD:
~A variety of camera angles, close ups
~Fancy graphics (Ice Scope, Ice Stats, PPC on-screen)
~Commentary
Benefits of FOD:
~All events streamed on the same page (one link, no need to switch channels between events)
~No commercial or fluff breaks interrupting performances or skaters receiving their scores
~Interviews and other content featuring Japanese skaters, will likely be shown during ice resurfacing

TVer
Free streaming service, vpn needed if viewing outside of Japan
No account needed to access streams, registering gives you more service options
TVer will only be airing the last 2 groups of Singles events
TVer (Fuji stream direct link) Click on the channel icons at top of the page to find an active livestream (one with a "play button") to test your vpn
TVer Women's SP link (Groups 4 & 5)
TVer Men's SP link (Groups 4 & 5)
TVer Women's FS link (Groups 3 & 4)
TVer Men's FS link (Groups 3 & 4)

Himawari (new, upgraded version of iSakura)
No vpn needed
Only the Plus subscription will give you both channels needed to watch the entire competition (Fuji TV and Fuji TV Two)
Himwari Plus (98 Channels) includes Fuji TV (CH 5), BS Fuji (BS CH 24) and Fuji TV Two (CH 66)
$4 for 3 day subscription
$8 for 7 day subscription
Note of caution: I purchased a subscription to test the stream quality but having trouble installing the apk on any of my devices (unable to find the suggested downloader apps to help with installation
My active iSakura account could also be preventing me from downloading/accessing the Himawari app
I'll report back after contacting customer service

UPDATE: I'm able to access Himawari using the Safari browser on my Macbook and this web browser link
No apps/software to install
As with iSakura, I'm unable to access the web browser link in Chrome
Stream quality is comparable to iSakura (good)

Kaeri TV
No vpn needed
Only Plus subscription (91 Channels) includes both Fuji TV and Fuji TV Two
Currently $19.83 per month but there is a free 3 day trial
I plan to purchase a subscription after I get home from work (took too long trying to set up Himawari...)
I'll report back as soon as I'm able set up this service

UPDATE: Had to wait for about an hour after purchasing a subscription to receive a code to set up this service (says it could take up to 12 hours to receive a code 😳)
Able to install and view using Chrome browser on my Macbook
Setup instructions are easy to follow
Very nice quality stream with option to record (did not test yet)
My only issue, Plus subsciption is advertised for 19.83/month discounted from $28
However, it seems after the free 3 day trial I'll be charged the full $28

For anyone needing a vpn~
I'm trying to find free or low cost vpns that are able to access Japanese streaming sites
Hope to have some options to share soon (suggestions welcomed)
Thank you so much for the instructions on all of these options! Not speaking Japanese, I was worried about setting up FOD correctly, so I got Himawari Plus instead and got it working on Linux with the Brave browser. I suspect that means it can be set up for pretty much any system! :thank:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
With TVer I could access the list of programmes but couldn’t play any videos because it said the app was not available in my region (even though connected via VPN). I don’t know if I’ve done something wrong? I’m on an IPAD so I don’t know if that makes a difference.

on muji tv, the payment link looked quite dodgy so I didn’t try the subscription for that one.

I have Tried to do the Kaeri TV 3 day trial but I haven’t received an account link yet.

I haven’t tried a Fuji On demand subscription as I couldnt See on there how to play the videos either.

Thanks so much for your help on this
OK, I am not using an ipad. I am using a lap top and just going to the link and opening up TVer in my browser. No app. I decided to create an account just in case that would help me in any way but it wasnt needed. I am about useless as a computer geek. I dont understand why any device can not just go to the link provided by t. and watch

I have only used MujiTV on desk tops and lap tops. It is a bit tricky to set up but once you understand the method to their madness, it works on those two items. Here is my school I updated in early 2022. The actual interface changes a bit but the main thing is you have to click on a group of channels on the left to get the individual channels. Once you find out where 5 and 22 are, you can click on the day and time and watch on demand. The trial purchase is confusing as you have to ignore the cloud registering screen and just exit out. There are two versions of interface. But they arre not hard to understand with alittle playing around.
Muji TV

MujiTV Prime, 56 channels, live and on demand, including Fuji TV terrestrial, Channel 5, and BS Fuji, channel 22, but not CS Fuji . You can see everything at Japan nats on Fuji terrestrial and BS except some of the ladies short early groups and the dance and pairs. (see schedule at end) You will see all of the men, short and free. $3, three day trial required, then $20 for a month.

Start here.

https://streamingtvasia.com/live-streaming-japanese-tv/

Click on the big red icon for the 3 buck premium trial.

You put in a name and a good email. You will pay through pay pal. Once you pay, you will be taken to some obscure cloud register screen. Exit out and go to your email address you gave them. Get your code number. I did this on my desk top. Then, I went to my wife's laptop in front of my big screen TV and put in Mujitv.com and selected "register" . I put in the code sent to my email I gave them and then made up a password and log in name. Voila! You get the main screen. I used Windows 10 to create a shortcut to the desk top screen. Menu>more tools> create short cut.
The first thing you notice is that the interface has been changed from the main Muji website..(the first link above.)..dont swear like I did when you see the difference. Mearly click on a GROUP of channels and you get everything promised. Go to a channel, go to a day and time, then click the maximize symbol on the preview screen located in the lower right of the preview screen.(pic one) Want to return to the main menu? Use the escape key. Easy. The only bad thing about Muji is that you dont get CS Fuji. Connect your HDMI cable to the computer and then to your telly.

last version I saw
muji.jpg
Previous version
Muji tv.jpg

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I have two doctors appointments tomorrow so I can't stay up all night like a proper vampire :( I will try to be here for the last two groups of women though! (If I'm too tired to crawl out of bed for a couple hours, cheer for Mai, Kaori, Hana, Rika, Rinka and Yuhana for me!)

Otherwise I definitely plan to watch as much of the men and ladies free as my circadian rhythms will allow :biggrin:

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
FINALLY I'm able to buy FOD subscription and get the stream running on my big TV! :party2:

kX84z6b.jpg

I'm surprised how well the stream works on my TV.
I have a Google TV, and I'm able to install VPN on it (I use ExpressVPN). Then I use the built-in browser to open the FujiTV FOD stream page and play the stream from there.

Stream quality is good even on my 75" screen, and it's smooth so far. Thanks for your instructions @tsuyoboogie!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hummmmm......this looks promising now. Did not realize this would also give on demand. I wonder if you can pay with a card? I could try it with firefox browser.....
interface looks like Muji
Lets see if I have power and burst pipes tomorrow first.....

Himawari (new, upgraded version of iSakura)
No vpn needed
Only the Plus subscription will give you both channels needed to watch the entire competition (Fuji TV and Fuji TV Two)
Himwari Plus (98 Channels) includes Fuji TV (CH 5), BS Fuji (BS CH 24) and Fuji TV Two (CH 66)
$4 for 3 day subscription
$8 for 7 day subscription
Note of caution: I purchased a subscription to test the stream quality but having trouble installing the apk on any of my devices (unable to find the suggested downloader apps to help with installation
My active iSakura account could also be preventing me from downloading/accessing the Himawari app
I'll report back after contacting customer service

UPDATE: I'm able to access Himawari using the Safari browser on my Macbook and this web browser link
No apps/software to install
As with iSakura, I'm unable to access the web browser link in Chrome
Stream quality is comparable to iSakura (good)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
a small update. TVer does not have replays available for this series. Some programs are available on demand.

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Do any of these have on demand. I stayed up to watch ladies but I have to work tomorrow so probably shouldn’t stay up all night. I’d be willing to pay a little to be able to watch it later but I can get the livestream for free. I don’t have vpn but could possibly get a free one.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Do any of these have on demand. I stayed up to watch ladies but I have to work tomorrow so probably shouldn’t stay up all night. I’d be willing to pay a little to be able to watch it later but I can get the livestream for free. I don’t have vpn but could possibly get a free one.
Muji TV and Himawari have on demand. 2 and 4 weeks respectively. I just watched the last two groups and four other skaters on MujiTV. I have obtained a trial code from Himawari and was told to email customer support with the code and they would send me a ID number and password so I could watch on my computer browser. Figured I would try them for four bucks. Muji costs $3 but it easily runs on chrome with translation.

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Muji TV and Himawari have on demand. 2 and 4 weeks respectively. I just watched the last two groups and four other skaters on MujiTV. I have obtained a trial code from Himawari and was told to email customer support with the code and they would send me a ID number and password so I could watch on my computer browser. Figured I would try them for four bucks. Muji costs $3 but it easily runs on chrome with translation.
Thanks, I'll look at those

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Good news! Himawari emailed me back and I am up and running....
Bad news. Internet is all but unusable with a snow storm and ice storm coming...
At least I can always refill it and watch...