2022-23 Russian National Jumping Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian National Jumping Championships

LadyB

Record Breaker
I love it how relaxed and positve Vika always is - okay,this is not the Nats, but she's also like that in the Nats as well. Wonderful coach!

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I kinda feel to make this little bit more fair is to have everyone jump 2 jumps and pick the 3 strongest to continue to the draw but it would be shorter, I get that they wanted this as tournament style, I guess you had to be lucky so you get seeded in the easier bracket.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Strange things happen. Seems like there won't be qualifying round in women. And, according to Channel One's list, Samodelkina, Tuktamysheva and Kolyada won't take part in the individual event tomorrow.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Strange things happen. Seems like there won't be qualifying round in women. And, according to Channel One's list, Samodelkina, Tuktamysheva and Kolyada won't take part in the individual event tomorrow.
oh wow, well thats surprising. Especially as Samo was here today and was announced just yesterday to be taking part in this :scratch2: Liza was sick at some point but Mishina said she was ready to compete here too.

Im not too shocked about Misha tho, he is clearly injured or something. Let the man rest.

Caliban

On the Ice
The participants of the personal tournament of the Russian Jumping Championship are known. It will be held tomorrow!

Women: Sofya Akatyeva, Kamila Valieva, Alina Gorbacheva, Maria Gordeeva, Alice Dvoeglazova, Veronika Zhilina, Anastasia Zinina, Sofia Muravyeva, Lyubov Rubtsova, Sofia Titova

Men: Dmitry Aliyev, Andrey Anisimov, Peter Gumennik, Vladislav Dikidzhi, Makar Ignatov, Gleb Lutfullin, Andrey Mozalyov, Alexander Samarin, Nikita Sarnavsky, Evgeny Semenenko, Grigory Fedorov, Arseniy Fedotov

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Aliev, Gumennik, Ignatov, Mozalev, Samarin, Samodelkina are guest skaters. Their teams will be determined after the draw.

It would be nice if the basic information was reported in advance.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Im still so confused over Samodelkinas situation, she was there and Sokolovskaya announced that she would take part in this didn't she?

edit. never mind seems like Samo is taking part?

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
There will a team event (14:00) and an individual event (16:45) tomorrow. The individual one will be the same as today's qualifying round.
Thanks!

I think it kinda makes sense now, Kolyada, Liza and Samo face a huge risk of getting eliminated very early on which isnt great for their reputation.

Liza has a consistent 3A but the value of it is lower than a quad and so its hard for her to get to the final rn and its really not worth possibly loosing to a junior for her.

Samo is in a hard spot her 3A and quads haven't worked out this season, even when it comes to rotation. She has managed to avoid really strong competition during the cup stages so why risk potentially loosing to juniors here instead of waiting for nationals to go up against everyone actually needs to beat. The team event at least gives her some buffer as she wont be on her own.

Misha is either injured or somethings really wrong with him based on the cup stages. With really consistent quad jumpers in the individual tournament, its really not worth it for him to take them on 1 on 1 when he doesn't need to especially when his strength doesn't lie in jumping but his artistry and skating skills which mean nothing here.

Last edited: