2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Men's Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Men's Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That would be too much, right? I think him and Corey should focus on Junior Worlds. Maybe, your son Joseph, will be 1st alternate for Worlds and having 4CC and Worlds is las if he had placed 3rd at Nationals 😛
well it's also because the junior FP is slighlty shorter without the choreo seq...so if Skate Canada's first priority is to have Wesley shine at Junior worlds, they should not put him as an alternate for worlds.

sissyfritz

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
That would be too much, right? I think him and Corey should focus on Junior Worlds. Maybe, your son Joseph, will be 1st alternate for Worlds and having 4CC and Worlds is as if he had placed 3rd at Nationals 😛
I would love that, but I'm not sure Jo's knee could take two additional competitions right now. Gonna be fun to see how selection goes!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I would love that, but I'm not sure Jo's knee could take two additional competitions right now. Gonna be fun to see how selection goes!
agreed... since 4CC is soon enough, perhaps he should do it... and then rest his knee... Jo said he needs to do a treatment that requires behing off-ice for two weeks after that... I would prefer he goes to 4CC and calls it a season...

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
i think i am going to have nightmares about that last rippon lutz for a long time... don't be mistaken by my lovely avatar... my favourite canadian skater is by far Joseph since Patrick retired... i do like conrad of course but yeah...

JO

:love2::love2::love2::love2::love2::love2::love2:
Who is in your avatar? Is that Conrad? Well, you favourite Joseph did much better here than everything else he competed this year. So, this is progress. I think you should add to your nightmare that dismal step sequence at level 2. Had it been at least level 3, that would have sufficed for bronze medal 🥉

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Who is in your avatar? Is that Conrad? Well, you favourite Joseph did much better here than everything else he competed this year. So, this is progress. I think you should add to your nightmare that dismal step sequence at level 2. Had it been at least level 3, that would have sufficed for bronze medal 🥉
his step seq looked fine to me... some tech panel knows better than me of course... yeah... my avatar is Conrad.. but that's going to change soon ;) haha

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
his step seq looked fine to me... some tech panel knows better than me of course... yeah... my avatar is Conrad.. but that's going to change soon ;) haha
That is a good avatar of Conrad. I thought it was a male model or an actor. So, you must be super disappointed with Conrad. I think Conrad is capable of landing the most quads with the most potential.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That is a good avatar of Conrad. I thought it was a male model or an actor. So, you must be super disappointed with Conrad. I think Conrad is capable of landing the most quads with the most potential.
yup. i am sad for Conrad... one son was better than hoped, the other bombed... Conrad has all the quads in the world... he has improved a ton since junior days... but he didn't have his rhythm this weekend... very unfortunate.. happy to see that he pulled up from 14 to 9 (6th best FP) today but still... he can do so much better than that... and i hope he sticks around for another 4 years... and yes. Conrad is a male model too.

skaket023

Rinkside
I'm so happy Roman did well!

Whew! You never know with him. Maybe he'll actually shock me and do one clean program at the Olympics! It's time.

I was impressed with Jack Dushenski tonight. He took a leap forward in my book.

I don't know what it is about Conrad. He's so stiff and nervous when he skates. What could a coach do to get him to loosen up a little bit?

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Keegan Messing LP: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1991154243589

It took far longer for me to download the free skate video than the short program one, so I was only able upload two performances before I have to go to bed (it's already 2:40 AM in my time zone). I plan to work on Wesley's and Corey's LPs later,

Roman Sadovsky LP:

Joseph Phan LP:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Corey...I want to adopt that guy (yes, I do take over some of the great habits from @elektra blue ). What a lovely skate. I've been enjoying his skates since last year at the Skate Canada Challenge and he's improved even since then. Beautiful!
i'm contageous, before you know you'll be posting silly remarks on fashion and make up

Rere

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Ah, I got such an uplifting impression of the whole event, I just love them all so much!:love:

Loved all the performances, LOVED the way Matthew was skating, Jack Dushenski was lovely to watch, an amazing performance from Corey, also - ROMSKY!!! So happy for him, and it was such an inspired skate. Keegan!!! That man was flying across the ice, and that hydroblade, omg, he swept that ice with his hair :love2:

And Wesley and Joseph had their lovely clean programs, and they were so enjoyable to watch, too!

And - Ted, Kevin and Patrick were giving great commentary. I'm feeling so soft and cozy right now 🥰🥰