2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Men SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Men SP

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You can rewatch him easily.

Our men were outskated by Skate Canada not sending them out enough...

I don't know the Canadian men as well as you do, but I quite agree. When I see a comp with one Canadian entry, where two or three could be sent, the mind boggles. Nothing prepares for a comp like competition

Heather T

Rinkside
Country
Canada
I don't know the Canadian men as well as you do, but I quite agree. When I see a comp with one Canadian entry, where two or three could be sent, the mind boggles. Nothing prepares for a comp like competition
Starting Orders still not up for Free.

Sackie

Medalist
I remember the days when skaters were pushing to get into the top 5 at Nationals cause they knew that meant they would get sent out to international events. Now what is the incentive unless you know you have a shot at winning, especially if you have a bad short - what makes you want to go all out in the free when you know you are done for the year.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Just watched…. shocking! Didn’t watch everyone but enjoyed Mogolen, Paradis and Chiu. Roman’s program is brilliant.. if only.

I watched the french stream (who are the commentators?) to brush up my understanding of the language. Next comp I watch I’ll listen to Ted and Kaetlyn.

LOL I see there are a lot of comments. Perhaps I’ll read them later… or not :) What a turmoil :drama:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just watched…. shocking! Didn’t watch everyone but enjoyed Mogolen, Paradis and Chiu. Roman’s program is brilliant.. if only.

I watched the french stream (who are the commentators?) to brush up my understanding of the language. Next comp I watch I’ll listen to Ted and Kaetlyn.

LOL I see there are a lot of comments. Perhaps I’ll read them later… or not :) What a turmoil :drama:
commentators...
if you got the man : it was Charlie Bilodeau
ALicia Pineault has been commentating as well.

If you got two women, probably Alicia with either Elizabeth Paradis (but I doubt it, she is there for ice dance) and someone with family name Darveau (synchro background).

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
commentators...

If you got two women, probably Alicia with either Elizabeth Paradis (but I doubt it, she is there for ice dance) and someone with family name Darveau (synchro background).

. I think the woman is Élisabeth Paradis, I heard Charlie call her Élisabeth. Long dark hair?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And I loved their commentary on Anthony, they could not say enough good things about him, he got at least two wows from Charlie ;)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
commentators...

It was a man and a woman, so a former pair man(Charlie) and sorry I don't remember who Alicia is.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I know why I’m feeling this way!! I had to wait an entire year for Roman to compete at just one event. The build up of waiting and being disappointed all year long…
Sigh... you and I had a tough weekend.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Anyone got a piece of music stuck in their head from the weekend? I have one that was used in the Men’s FS. If I knew what it was, it would help. Is there a list or link?
no there isn't unfortunately... Some of these guys are on wiki or isu and you can see their music there... but some of our guys haven't made it yet there ;) perhaps watching them again and pointing out which skater ? and perhaps @dorispulaski can help you as she collects all this data in the programs thread.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Anyone got a piece of music stuck in their head from the weekend? I have one that was used in the Men’s FS. If I knew what it was, it would help. Is there a list or link?
Not the same one as you, but I do have another from the men's short :)

Damien Bueckert skated to a singer with a very regional English accent. Ted said the music was by 'Rendez-Vous' but a quick google turned up a French post-punk band which definitely doesn't fit the bill...
ETA: sorry I misheard! It was the choreographer Ted mentioned, someone called Wanda/Rhonda 😵‍💫 Song is 'We Have It All', by Pim Stones according to Google.

A general comment: in the commentary, Kaetlyn said after Paradis' skate that he was the only one so far who'd gotten a level 4 step sequence - actually both Bueckert and Blumenthal had done so earlier (Chiu and Rakic too, but they skated after she'd made that comment). Interpretation/general skating skills/level requirements tend to get a bit conflated sometimes. The two guys skating in the earlier group may not have Paradis' overall performance qualities and might be easier to overlook, so I thought I'd just give them a shout-out :)

Last edited: