2024 Canadian Nationals Junior Women LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian Nationals Junior Women LP

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Someday I will see Aleksa do two completely clean skates... she didn't melt down this time, but I think there may have been too many errors to keep her position from the short.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Into 2nd, so she'll at least be guaranteed a bronze medal and Lulu silver.

Crossing my fingers for Megan 🤞

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Bronze or better for Aleska.

Come on Megan. Go clean and the title could be yours...

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
The free program was the tie breaker, so Mely-Ann got the bronze based on that.

I thought Lulu would win overall and she did. I was happy that Aleksa fought through the program and Mely-Ann moved up to the podium. Also Reese too, she was so close to bronze that she tied!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Lulu for the win : she is so good. shame on the final salchow
Aleksa : I think she is growing as a competitor and gaining experience. step by step, I am confident she will get more consistent, but skate canada needs to send her out.
Mély-Ann : she is so promising, first year competing as a junior. Very impressed with her. She's a bit messy but well deserved bronze here

My favourite was Stavrina. This is the skating I like . Big, powerful jumps and strong skating.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m finally caught up. I’m so mad I can’t watch these competitions live.

I’m so happy for Lulu 😍
She wanted that win so badly and she skated so consistently this season. All 160+ scores domestically. I wonder if she will be considered for the second junior world spot? I guess it will depend on the Senior Women Results…

Aleksa!! Good job on the silver. I hope this means she secured her JGP spot for next season with this result.

Mely-Ann fought hard. She has so much potential and I love her perfectionist personality.

Reese and Stavrina!! Wow!! Plus they scored over 145, which is the minimum domestic score to be sent to Junior competitions.. they were so happy

Kara Yun 😔😔

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I’m finally caught up. I’m so mad I can’t watch these competitions live.

I’m so happy for Lulu 😍
She wanted that win so badly and she skated so consistently this season. All 160+ scores domestically. I wonder if she will be considered for the second junior world spot? I guess it will depend on the Senior Women Results…
they usually send the national junior champion and consider the other spots among the age eligible ones ;) so I think Lulu is going.
Aleksa!! Good job on the silver. I hope this means she secured her JGP spot for next season with this result.

Mely-Ann fought hard. She has so much potential and I love her perfectionist personality.

Reese and Stavrina!! Wow!! Plus they scored over 145, which is the minimum domestic score to be sent to Junior competitions.. they were so happy
yes... i was happy for all 4 skaters here. close scores too.
Kara. Needs. A. New. Coach.

Also, during the KnC, Joanne was complaining how patient they had to be for scores... well... it's her former student Kevin Reynolds who is reviewing jumps :) haha ... i thought it was hilarious ;)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hi guys! Mom and I just having a rest day after 2 solid days at the stadium. We felt that women were the weakest discipline. What was particularly noticeable is complete absence of choreo/programs. In this respect, Volkova shone in both programs. There are a lot of junior women who have some speed and glide, but jumps are weak with far more falls than in junior men, particularly in second half of the program. We are used to Russian juniors, so it's a really weird contrast, because in Russia, junior women are the force of nature, outscoring and outskating junior men.

We liked Starvina A. (lots of attack) live and Kara Yun. Ganier (?) had gorgeous spins. Overall though...not great, unfortunately

Last edited: