2022 JGP Courchevel Men's Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Courchevel Men's Short Program

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Random thought, do Japanese skaters generally have looser-cut pants than North American/Europeans...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
we have the same kinds of squirrels you do... these ones.. https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Écureuil_gris

large Canadian squirrels??? do you mean this : https://www.britannica.com/animal/moose-mammal
We have those in the US. I was driving to see Gracie skate and went through Vermont and around the Vermont/Mass border I started seeing these signs, which they usually put up for deer, but they were for moose! I was like it would be terrible to hit a deer with your car but a MOOSE?

theblade

On the Ice
It's wild to see Michael Xie skating at Courchevel. He started skating at one of the local rinks my kid skated at and was a natural jumper. Only a few months after starting skating, IIRC, he was jumping Axels. Real natural talent. It's been incredible seeing his trajectory; really excited to watch his journey unfold. Solid skate, too!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yeah, early season… I’d agree that Aldarmaki’s hair was a sight to see, but other than that, it was hard to find anything really outstanding. Even Barton noticed lower level, which is so weird…

This is not to detract from Nakamura, he was skating very well and with heart. I liked that the clap could be heard and I loved his combo.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
We have those in the US. I was driving to see Gracie skate and went through Vermont and around the Vermont/Mass border I started seeing these signs, which they usually put up for deer, but they were for moose! I was like it would be terrible to hit a deer with your car but a MOOSE?
OT: Up in those states they actually warn drivers about Moose b/c they are known to decapitate drivers when they hit them. You're under the moose before you realize you hit it when driving a car. :(
Gross but real.

Back to skating: I really enjoyed the entries from Ireland and Li from Canada.

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
i need such a cat to scare the squirrels away from my garden... i tried something new today... aluminium foil... they hated it.. they left... but i am sure they will be back with vindictive spirits
Thanks for the tip. Any advice for discouraging cement footed sounding raccoons that like racing around roofs?