2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Men's Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Men's Short Program

yesterday

Record Breaker
I think this is a good chance for Roman to just trust and forget the nerves :biggrin: please just this one time!

Ad Deniss and the Sal: I think Roman was in a similar position some seasons ago but it was not as prominent also due to covid? And now he's got it and no one questions hin doing it in the short. Give Deniss some time and he'll get there as well.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
grammar-grammar-police.gif
Well not the first time but now.. Its like the first.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think this is a good chance for Roman to just trust and forget the nerves :biggrin: please just this one time!

Ad Deniss and the Sal: I think Roman was in a similar position some seasons ago but it was not as prominent also due to covid? And now he's got it and no one questions hin doing it in the short. Give Deniss some time and he'll get there as well.
Deniss lands the 4Sal in practice, plus twice in international competitions. It will get there.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy for Roman - if he just believes in himself, he can win. I put him in 5th for my predictions and hope he can do better than that. His 4S is so good and a solid jump for him at this point. I wonder if he can add a combo onto it in the future?

Shocked at Morisi's placement and those unfortunate pops - is he injured or did Eteri put a hex on him? (I'm kidding of course). I do expect lots of movement in the FS.

I loved Deniss' SP - Englishman in NY by Sting. More Sting in figure skating, please (and I don't mean Tango De Roxanne)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I think the judging was fair here. Without the small error, Sadovsky would easily pass 90 points. I easily enjoyed him the most here. Incredible how a guy as tall as him can spin, neatly and fast.
Morisi's SP was a shocker. It could simply be the inevitable psychological effect of leaving a coach known for flawless/consistent skates, but I don't envy him as people are going to wonder why those who leave Eteri, suddenly perform much worse.
I'm not worried about Camden after last season, but rather wondering if Tomoki can skate clean yet.
So bummed that my TV forces me to do 'appointment TV' again due to not archiving their streams. I guess I'll have to resort to VPN after all.

yesterday

Record Breaker
I think the judging was fair here. Without the small error, Sadovsky would easily pass 90 points. I easily enjoyed him the most here. Incredible how a guy as tall as him can spin, neatly and fast.
Morisi's SP was a shocker. It could simply be the inevitable psychological effect of leaving a coach known for flawless/consistent skates, but I don't envy him as people are going to wonder why those who leave Eteri, suddenly perform much worse.
I'm not worried about Camden after last season, but rather wondering if Tomoki can skate clean yet.
So bummed that my TV forces me to do 'appointment TV' again due to not archiving their streams. I guess I'll have to resort to VPN after all.
The appointment you have is with us here :ghug: FS is a bonus :biggrin:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Well, who could have predicted that Morisi would bomb the sp??? He's not a skater who draws me in, so not one of my favorites. But since the judges seem to love Morisi so much, I had him winning this event.

I thought Roman would be in the mix, but not in line for a gold medal. 🏅 That would be nice. I hope Roman can stay calm in the fp and pull out an unexpected win! :cheer2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
he plans one, for the free at least (2 Sals in there, then a 4T as well)
He does a euler combo with 3s in the lp but that is not allowed of course in the sp
Happy for Roman - if he just believes in himself, he can win. I put him in 5th for my predictions and hope he can do better than that. His 4S is so good and a solid jump for him at this point. I wonder if he can add a combo onto it in the future?

Shocked at Morisi's placement and those unfortunate pops - is he injured or did Eteri put a hex on him? (I'm kidding of course). I do expect lots of movement in the FS.

I loved Deniss' SP - Englishman in NY by Sting. More Sting in figure skating, please (and I don't mean Tango De Roxanne)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Well, who could have predicted that Morisi would bomb the sp???

Me. Or rather, he has recently either performed stable (though boring - for me) programs, or flopped completely in one of them. If memory serves me well, he had a similar trainwreck of a SP at last year's Golden Spin.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Just looked through again, it's kind of consistent what the guys get for spins. Rarely one under 3.00.
StSq between 2.60 and 3.90

Seven Sisters

Medalist
He skated to the same program at Skate America.

He took us to the club with a cover of Donna Summer in the US Classic.

The choreo in both programs is similar to me, but maybe that's because I know Jason did both.
LOVED that Donna Summer program for Daniel, thought that it brought out the best in him. I can’t imagine why he changed it!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Last season was one when he missed totally all the jumps, maybe CS comp?
Skate Canada 21. I was there! Morisi had a disastrous SP, was maybe tenth after the short—but skated well in the free and brought his total score way up, for a respectable finish.

He’s not my favorite either, though I love how he cuts loose in his Aladdin exhibition, and it makes me wonder which of the two is the “real” Morisi. I wish he would show some of that personality in his competitive programs.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOVED that Donna Summer program for Daniel, thought that it brought out the best in him. I can’t imagine why he changed it!

He performed it in the gala, right at SA? It's a Sam Smith cover of "I feel love." (I thought it was the Bronski Beat/Jimmy Somerville version at first - their voices sound so similar.)

Maybe his team felt it was more appropriate as an exhibition program.