2022 Skate Canada Challenge | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada Challenge

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Joseph fell on the 3A, did a 1A+2T, had a messy landing on the first part of the 2A+3S sequence, and put a hand down on the 3Lz. He's clearly struggling on the Axel when you also take into account his SP.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Joseph scored 116.85 in the free, 190.49 total, 7th place.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Top 5

1. Stephen Gogolev 235.47
2. Aleksa Rakic 205.06
3. Corey Circelli 201.33
4. Bennet Toman 199.54
5. Matthew Newnman 198.16

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Skate Canada's interview with the Senior Men champion:

I've just realized that I haven't heard Stephen's voice in a long time, so of course he sounds very different now. One thing that hasn't changed is that he's still camera shy -- Ted Barton has to try to encourage him to say more than a simple "Yeah" after Ted observed that Stephen looked very focused during his long program, lol. :laugh:

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
Archived Dailymotion stream for Skate Canada Challenge Senior Pairs FS:

Archived Dailymotion stream for Skate Canada Challenge Senior Ice Dance RD:

Balloon

On the Ice
Skate Canada's interview with the Senior Men champion:

I've just realized that I haven't heard Stephen's voice in a long time, so of course he sounds very different now. One thing that hasn't changed is that he's still an introvert -- Ted Barton has to try to encourage him to say more than a simple "Yeah" after Ted observed that Stephen looked very focused during his long program, lol. :laugh:

So glad Stephan’s back, I think he’s just a teenager and a little camera shy. I know he’s not an introvert.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So glad Stephan’s back, I think he’s just a teenager and a little camera shy. I know he’s not an introvert.
I don't know him personally, obviously, so I assumed he was an introvert because of the way he behaves in interviews. But I've edited my post so that it reads "camera shy."