2023-24 Spanish National Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Spanish National Championships

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was magical. I was mesmerised.

I couldn't write anything during it. Not that there was anything to point out. It looked flawless.

Sofía looked to be spinning faster than Asaf in the Twizzles. But, I think it was an illusion, because they didn't seem to go out of sync.

I haven't seen Olivia and Tim's Free yet, but it is going to have to be very good to be better than that.

Yep both Sara and Kirill with them.

:cheer: WELL DONE SOFÍA AND ASAF!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here we go. Part 2 from Olivia and Tim with an "e".

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach, when I heard "Also Sprach Zarathustra" at the start, I thought we would be getting a full "2001" programme, or at least a full sci-fi programme. But, alas.

After the epic music at the start, the rest of the music used was a big let down.

Honestly, I didn't really like that programme. And that is not me being biased because they are up against a partnership that I have adopted. It just didn't do anything for me.

They skated well. But, it just wasn't my sort of programme.

Now for the moment of truth.

Tim doesn't look very happy waiting for the results. Olivia is more animated.

The livescoring page is taking forever to load. Come on, I want to know who won!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hang on. I thought this wasn't due to start for another 10 minutes! But, they're already onto the second skater! :drama:

Now that the Dancers are finished, it is Singles skating for the rest of the day. And we start with a Junior double-bill. First up are 12 boys, arranged into two groups of 6.

I am currently having my Sunday Dinner. But, I'll be back as soon as I'm finished eating.

Livestream for the Junior Men's FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 1h 59m 13s):
https://www.coe.tv/videos/detail/11...ana-de-patinaje-artistico-y-sincronizado-2023

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.rfedh.es/wp-content/upl...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.rfedh.es/wp-content/uploads/resultados-patinaje/CEsp_2023/SEG008.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm back!!! And just in time for a Queen programme from Guiu OLIVER VERBÓN (CAT) :rock:

"Don't Stop Me Now". Don't worry, mate. I won't! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
⛪

Those familiar tones for Raül GARCIA SHIBINSKAYA (AND).

But he was on his backside on the ice too often.

I'd have thought that Andorra was at too high an altitude for growing cacti...

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I wish they would put score graphics up on the screen, especially since the Entries / Results page is playing up.

Because we just saw some wonderful scenes of Mahery RANDRIANARIVONY LÓPEZ (CAT) and his team celebrating when his scores were announced. I assume he's leading, but I don't know by how much.

And I still don't know what way the Senior Ice Dance went! :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The livescoring page is taking forever to load.
I can't get it or the live pages to load properly. I did get to see the SD rewind and I think Sofia & Asaf were better, but I have no idea how either team scored. Olivia & Tim don't seem to improved much at all and his mistake on the twizzles was costly. They seem to have stalled and I say this as one of the fans who really thought this should be a lot of fun.

lilimum

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I wish they would put score graphics up on the screen, especially since the Entries / Results page is playing up.

Because we just saw some wonderful scenes of Mahery RANDRIANARIVONY LÓPEZ (CAT) and his team celebrating when his scores were announced. I assume he's leading, but I don't know by how much.

CaroLiza_fan
Smart/Dieck won. The result page is still not working, but on Instagram of Spanish Fed their announced Smart/Dieck as Spanish Champions

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After the siesta break, we stay with the Juniors but move to the girls. 19 of them, arranged into a group of 4 girls; followed by two groups of 5 girls; followed by a resurfacing; followed by a group of 5 girls.

Livestream for the Junior Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream:
https://www.coe.tv/videos/112064-di...na-de-patinaje-artistico-y-sincronizado-2023/

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.rfedh.es/wp-content/upl...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.rfedh.es/wp-content/uploads/resultados-patinaje/CEsp_2023/SEG010.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you to @lilimum and @labgoat for the replies.

Can't say I'm surprised that Olivia and Tim won. It was obvious yesterday that they were the "chosen" ones.

Skating Scores doesn't have the Protocols for the Free up yet, but I managed to get them opened during a brief moment that the Entries / Results page was working.

Here are the two sets of Protocols:

Short Dance - https://www.rfedh.es/wp-content/upl...------QUAL000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf
Free Dance - https://www.rfedh.es/wp-content/upl...------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

The Protocols from both segments are so similar:

• Sofía and Asaf clean in both programmes; Olivia and Tim with Twizzle issues in both programmes.
  • Sofía and Asaf higher TES in both programmes; Olivia and Tim higher PCS in both programmes.
  • Sofía and Asaf lower Judges marks than Olivia and Tim in both programmes.

For me, the partnership that did better in both their programmes did not win.

Oh, I hate the way Ice Dance is so full of politics.

CaroLiza_fan

Reactions: bgg

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you to @lilimum and @labgoat for the replies.

Can't say I'm surprised that Olivia and Tim won. It was obvious yesterday that they were the "chosen" ones.

Skating Scores doesn't have the Protocols for the Free up yet, but I managed to get them opened during a brief moment that the Entries / Results page was working.

Here are the two sets of Protocols:

Short Dance - https://www.rfedh.es/wp-content/upl...------QUAL000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf
Free Dance - https://www.rfedh.es/wp-content/upl...------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

The Protocols from both segments are so similar:

• Sofía and Asaf clean in both programmes; Olivia and Tim with Twizzle issues in both programmes.
  • Sofía and Asaf higher TES in both programmes; Olivia and Tim higher PCS in both programmes.
  • Sofía and Asaf lower Judges marks than Olivia and Tim in both programmes.

For me, the partnership that did better in both their programmes did not win.

Oh, I hate the way Ice Dance is so full of politics.

CaroLiza_fan
I am with you on this one. It does not seem correct and I say this as a fan of both teams.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am with you on this one. It does not seem correct and I say this as a fan of both teams.

That's the thing. Although this is the first time I saw them together as a partnership, I liked Olivia and Tim in their previous partnerships. We know they are good. For the powers that be to feel the need to artificially hold them up is actually insulting to them.

With Sofía and Asaf, it's a funny story. It was actually Sofía's former partners that I had adopted when they were Singles skaters. So, I kinda inherited her rather than adopted her. And I decided to carry on with her into this new partnership with Asaf, who I was pretty much unfamiliar with. And I soon became very glad that I did!

The two partnerships have been pretty well matched so far this season. It would have been an epic battle if it had been allowed to be a battle. But, alas, it was not.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's the thing. Although this is the first time I saw them together as a partnership, I liked Olivia and Tim in their previous partnerships. We know they are good. For the powers that be to feel the need to artificially hold them up is actually insulting to them.

With Sofíá and Asaf, it's a funny story. It was actually Sofía's former partners that I had adopted when they were Singles skaters. So, I kinda inherited her rather than adopted her. And I decided to carry on with her into this new partnership with Asaf, who I was pretty much unfamiliar with. And I soon became very glad that I did!

The two partnerships have been pretty well matched so far this season. It would have been an epic battle if it had been allowed to be a battle. But, alas, it was not.

CaroLiza_fan
Yeah, I kinda think OT needed the shock to get things in gear. Something does not seem to be clicking right now. They are struggling with the step sequences and both keep taking turns making silly mistakes on twizzles that I know they can both do well.

Reactions: bgg

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ana RAMOS MOLINA (MAD)

Much as I love the song and Queen, I always think it is tempting fate to skate to "Another One Bites The Dust".

Never heard anybody skating to the second song, "Too Much Love Will Kill You", though. So, that was something diferent. (The third song, "One Vision", is no stranger to skating).

Oh, she's got another skater sitting with her for her results.

Right, my girl coming up now.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST JANIRE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oi! Zoom the camera in! We can barely see her! :mad:

Ah good, it did zoom in.

Fall on first jump.

Lovely combination jump next. And the next few elements were too were too.

Ach, another fall. She was starting to look tired shortly before that.

Hang on, lovely combination spin.

Yeah, she is visibly tired now. Popped a jump.

We didn't get to see much of Janire and Jonathan sitting on the sofa. But, she looked disappointed.

:ghug:

Well, I'm just happy to see her again after so long not hearing about her. So for that:

:cheer: WELL DONE JANIRE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the FD protocols (and the RD, but at that moment in time the results page was working). I saw both couples this afternoon (and the third, but they were way behind) and I must say that I also thought Sophía and Asaf should have got the win. And I'm a fan of Olivia's.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This third group coming up now has an interesting sub-plot in it. It is obvious that the last 2 skaters to go before the resurfacing are sisters (the surnames of both parents are the same, and they are from the same club).

And there is only 0.54 points separating them after the SP! :drama:

I always love it when we get siblings skating back-to-back. Lets you compare them better. Although, it is also nice when there are skaters in between, as you get to see the siblings supporting each other when they are getting their results.

By the way, you know how there were 3 skaters in the previous group that were supporting each other when getting their results. They are from the same club as the Seguí sisters. So, even though Noa will not be there when Adriana is getting her scores, Adriana may have lots of other team-mates for company!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nora SÁEZ de MATURANA SALAZAR (EUS) was very disappointed when she finished her programme. And very exhausted.

My goodness! She was lying slouched on the sofa, and took a slug from a bottle of water, and choked on it. Even I know you don't drink things when lying down! :drama:

After sorting herself out, she lay down again.

In case you are wondering, Nora is not from the same club as my girl Janire. Nora is from the same club as skater #2, Ruth GARCÍA SOLANA.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: