2023 Bavarian Open | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Bavarian Open

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Netherlands also have Jakucs/Galli who are in the same situation of Verhaegh/Van Geffen (Free Dance minimum achieved and less than 1 point away from RD one). J/G will be in Egna next week.
I know, so I will be cheering them on as well! At Egna. May the best of those couples be at Worlds!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
And she managed to get Worlds minimums, so there are now two Italian women with them (Marina and Anna Pezzetta) 😁

Kai Jogoda also now has Worlds minimums (though he's unlikely to be sent instead of Nikita Starostin, but it's always good to have at least one alternate with minimums). Unfortunately, our favourite Doctor, Valtter Virtanen, didn't manage to get the FS TES minimum here either, so he will have to keep trying.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I checked the results. VV has still not got the FS TES for worlds but Kyrylo Marsak has, both.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Neither Verhaegh / van Geffen, nor Shilling / Baeten managed to get the FD TES minimum, but they were both less than 1.5 points off, and they'd have to do another competition for the RD TES minimum anyways, so there's hope that they'll be able to get the minimums in time for Worlds.

The two Azerbaijani teams are neck and neck, and they've been the whole season. Ritter / Brykalov were sent to Europeans, so it would only be fair to split the assignments and send Carhart / Kolosovski to Worlds.

Last edited:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I'm really pleased for Grimm/Savitskiy to hold on for gold, great feeling going into junior worlds!
Also nice to see the improvement from JvR/S although I couldn't catch any senior events from this comp...hopefully they will archive the stream later on.
The two Azerbaijani teams are neck to neck, and they've been the whole season. Ritter / Brykalov were sent to Europeans, so it would only be fair to split the assignments and send Carhart / Kolosovski to Worlds.
Btw I think you mean neck and neck, as in a tight race :)
However we do say head-to-head, like a contest between two parties!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Btw I think you mean neck and neck, as in a tight race :)
However we do say head-to-head, like a contest between two parties!
Lol, I was kind of wondering why it didn't sound quite right, but I couldn't put my finger on it. 😅 My brain is apparently not quite in its best shape today, I guess. 😂

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Neither Verhaegh / van Geffen, nor Shilling / Baeten managed to get the FD TES minimum, but they were both less than 1.5 points off, and they'd have to do another competition for the RD TES minimum anyways, so there's hope that they'll be able to get the minimums in time for Worlds.

The two Azerbaijani teams are neck and neck, and they've been the whole season. Ritter / Brykalov were sent to Europeans, so it would only be fair to split the assignments and send Carhart / Kolosovski to Worlds.
Shilling/Baeten had a lift at level 1 which proved to be costly.

I thought V/vG already had the FD minimum but I remembered wrong: they were close but didn't get it at Santa Claus Cup.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I thought V/vG already had the FD minimum but I remembered wrong: they were close but didn't get it at Santa Claus Cup.
So frustrating for them. I believe the other couple (Jakucs/Galli) do have the TES for the FD, but also so far have come short on the RD. All I know they are trying hard, both couples.