2023 Coupe de Printemps

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Jimmy Ma has won the men's event.

141 Free Skate. 222 Total.

Source: https://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen/status/1637463897165668352
Also, Matthew Neumann from Canada won the bronze medal 🥉 with a score 210+. A score of over 210 is required by Skate Canada to be sent to International assignments. So, it looks like we might see him sent to some international assignments next year. Messing (will retire 😭), Orzel, Gogolev, Chiu, Sadovsky and now Neumann have surpassed this threshold this year. Congrats Matthew! 👏

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Congrats to Mone for a gold medal 🥇 (more ranking points for her); that fall on the 3S was unexpected.
Also, congrats to Starr for gaining a silver medal here over Ava. Was confused with her layout. Could have been a better performance. Another 180+ result for her. I think she solidified herself as USA #4 this year

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m glad he won….but that’s not a very good score.
Agree, but I hope that having an international win under his belt (and I acknowledge it's a minor title) will help with confidence, or whatever it is that is holding him back.

He's got to get it together soon. There are a lot of young US Men who will be fighting for assignments, and if I were USFSA, I'd be looking upon them favorably. Jimmy will be 28 in the fall... the Fed will be looking towards the future very soon.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agree, but I hope that having an international win under his belt (and I acknowledge it's a minor title) will help with confidence, or whatever it is that is holding him back.

He's got to get it together soon. There are a lot of young US Men who will be fighting for assignments, and if I were USFSA, I'd be looking upon them favorably. Jimmy will be 28 in the fall... the Fed will be looking towards the future very soon.
At least he has a bye to Nats and envelope money. He had a back problem after 4CCs.

Does this win help him get 2 GP spots?

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At least he has a bye to Nats and envelope money. He had a back problem after 4CCs.

Does this win help him get 2 GP spots?
250 points moves Jimmy Ma into 22nd on the World Rankings. However, there are several men just below him on the WR who are going to Worlds and have the potential to pass him if they skate well: Nika Egadze, Mikhail Selevko, Mikhail Shaidorov, Andreas Nordeback, Boyang Jin.

If Jimmy is still in the top 24 after Worlds, he would likely get 2 GP spots.
He is #33 on the Seasons Best list, so no hope there.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
250 points moves Jimmy Ma into 22nd on the World Rankings. However, there are several men just below him on the WR who are going to Worlds and have the potential to pass him if they skate well: Nika Egadze, Mikhail Selevko, Mikhail Shaidorov, Andreas Nordeback, Boyang Jin.

If Jimmy is still in the top 24 after Worlds, he would likely get 2 GP spots.
He is #33 on the Seasons Best list, so no hope there.
Ugh. Maybe USFS can send him somewhere else?