2023 Cranberry Cup International | Aug 9-13 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023 Cranberry Cup International | Aug 9-13

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Nice that Kaiya wound up with bronze, but she has a persistent flutz and multiple URs (3z!+3tq, 3f<+eu+3s<, 3z!<).
Her spins also need work: FFCOSP1V, and other two spins only L3.
that is telling about the competitors then... if she can get good scores with all her flaws, she must be doing something right. Respect to her for trying a new combo... she's not the only one to struggle with such a difficult combo... This is the exact combo that Isabeau missed and received so much flack for attempting when she could have done the easier + 3t. Regarding the spins, this, I cannot disagree with. I am baffled with her less than average spinning qualities considering her coach is Scott Davis, one of the best ever spinners. Goes along with the saying "it's not because you are good at something that you are a good teacher"

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully, she gets another chance now that she is part of the National Team.
Congrats to Kaiya on the bronze medal 🥉; she will get better and she beat all the non-GP American skaters 👏
Ava - Congrats on sealing a Skate America Spot.
Lindsay - Solid. This looks like it will be her year. Keep going!
They have already announced the SA spot? Normally they wait until after Champs Camp.

midori green

On the Ice
Pretty cool that Kaiya end up in 3rd place for her first international competition in Senior. I'm happy for her. She is my favorite canadian skater. I hope that it's just the beginning of a sucessfull career in Senior. Good job Kaiya !
Kind-of fun that she was 5th in short and 5th in long, but she ended up 3rd overall. Consistency pays off!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone have videos of the top 3 Lindsay, Ava and Kaiya ?
I would like to see those performance so much !
Someone on Reddit says they weren't allowing filming. SCOB is a lovely facility but they can be persnickety:(

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Podium pictures from SCOB instagram

(Swipe left for the men)